virgin media fire broadband been down for a week

Options
my broadband has not worked now for over a week. i have phoned them loads and they cannot tell me when it will be fixed.

i can't watch telly as i only use catch up. i cant do any banking or bill payments and all the normal stuff i do.

what are my rights? i have had to get the bus into town and sit in cafes to use free public wi-fi but doing that a few times aweek is all adding up with no end time in sight.,

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your right are a refund for the period that the service has been interrupted .But a fire is hardly VMs fault and may take time to fix the infrastructure .
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    first off , your rights do NOT include being able to stop paying your bill, that will cause all end of problems, so please don't be tempted!

I'd recommend tweeting virgin media, I did this once and they got it sorted pretty quickly as they hadn't been much help recently. FB may be an option to, but I don't use that so can't comment.

If you still don't get anywhere WRITE to them (google for an address to submit complaints), and stick to the FACTS about how long your broadband has been down, who you have spoken to etc and what you would like done. Ask for a response by a certain date (but bear in mind its the Christmas period).
  • skater_kat
    Options
    they have refunded me the cost per day of the broadband being down. however i am still out of pocket as i had to get a bus into town to go online at the library for free
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    skater_kat wrote: »
    they have refunded me the cost per day of the broadband being down. however i am still out of pocket as i had to get a bus into town to go online at the library for free

Ask them for an extra week or two free after the thing gets fixed to cover your outlay.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport