The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    7QUq-1QE-1.gif?height=400&scale=max&width=400

Back home now, sun shining away and really been quite hot.
    Had a lovely break and did a bit of everything from sightseeing to walking and culture! Couldn't have wished for a better few days.
    Got home in time to say goodbye to DD (and collect my Mother's Day card and presents!) She has a week off Uni and is off to Lanzarote tomorrow at 4am and unfortunately working tonight.

Well done on the sweets win Alfie and lovely toaster Sylvia and to anyone else who has won this week. Have been trying to keep up.

Nice to meet you zeeezee.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Not been in since the news of baby grandson had a bit of a dilemma going on:eek:

Anyway, finally all sorted yesterday, but that was the longest 10 days of my life. daughter found a lump in her breast and she was given an urgent referral to the breast care centre. I went with her yesterday and after numerous tests , scans etc. the consultant is confident it is just a fatty lump and all tissue is normal from the ultrasound Phew...... she has been on a keep fit thing and has lost about a stone and half, so its possible its just fatty bits moving around he thinks:eek: he has no concerns and as she is normally fit and healthy etc he doesn't need to see her again. That was definitely a shock as she's only 27. Anyway son and his GF are managing baby brilliantly and he is a bundle of joy.
    Not had chance to read back properly but congratulations to all who have had wins lately and welcome to any newcomers:)

speak soon xx
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ho Luckofthedraw what a scare. Years ago we had such a scare with one of our DDs. Great news about new parents and your GS.

Sheils sounds as though you thoroughly enjoyed your break. Pleased you caught up with your DD. Hope she has a good week and it's sunny there.

Alfie so delighted to hear you had a win. Congratulations. Great when it was so unexpected. Hope Puddy is back to normal soon, whatever that is.

Indie forgot to say well done on your ticket win. Your niece will enjoy taking her boys out. Hope you have had a restful week off.

Sylvia toaster is a great win. I've been going in for one of those. Looks brilliant. Do let us know if it really is all singing and dancing. Sylvia hope you're sleeping ok now. One hour less Sunday. Can't believe how quick this month is going.

Zeezee well done on your win. Sounds great hope you have a win for your cat soon. All the best with your moving.

Rose sounds cold your way.

Firefly sounds as though we have had the sMe weather. Lovely sunshine today. Really cheery.

I started the day with a Goodreads children's book win then another to say I've won tickets for the Ideal Home exhibition. Yesterday DS says he took in a parcel but I'm not sure what it is. He says from Addis. So will find out next week.

Well busy weekend here. Off to play tomorrow- the one we were a week early for last week. GKs Mum is taking them out on Sunday so well have a bit of rest then.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • zeezee33
    zeezee33 Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks very much for the welcome rose, I hope you are well and have had an enjoyable day.

Thanks very much Alfie and I know that story very well, my cat (you may or may not have guessed that zeezee is her name and not my own) destroys any toilet roll's and cards she can get her paws on!
    Well done on your own win! It sounds like a win-win all round, supporting a worthy cause and getting some tasty treats yourself, I wish you many more. I am glad that Puddy is okay now(lovely name).

Hi sheils, it's nice to meet you too and I am glad you have had a good break.

Hi Luckofthedraw, congratulations on the new addition to your family, I wish him health and happiness. What a scare for your daughter, but at least nothing more came of it.

Thanks very much leah, congrats on your own wins, I wish you many more.

It's been a bit of a dreadful day for me today, I went back to the doctors to see if they could give me antibiotic ear drops as I have been in agony for 3 days with the ENT infection (to the point where eating or talking set the pain off), he rushed me in and out to say there was no sign of an infection, when a different doctor said on Monday that there definitely was. I'll have to try another doctor it seems - which will mean waiting until Monday when painkillers don't touch the pain. But I shouldn't moan, I could have it a lot worse.

I hope everyone has had a lovely day and an even lovlier weekend
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Morning
    Sorry to hear your Dr won't listen to you zeezee,hope you have better luck on Monday.Well done on the wins leanfun great end to the week. A lovely start to the day here, sunshine. I am just going to hang my washing out then wait for sons GF to get up before deciding what to do today. It's a toss up between washing the car or cutting the lawn out front..lol.Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    goodmorning.gif%7Ec200

Been a frosty night here but sun coming out now,

luckofdraw glad everything has turned out well.

Gosh your Drs don't sound good zeeezee. Hope you feel better soon.

Indie I am just about to hang washing out too (well after my shower and I get dressed!)

Well done on wins leanfun.

Had a message from DD, they had to turn back after 10miles this morning as the car was playing up. Luckily they were going with another couple so have managed to go in their car and got to the airport OK.
    It is always something I worry about when going for a plane but we quite often stay the night before to stop me panicking.
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Expect you will be in the garden Alfie and FF looking after the zoo.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    078dccde519d9666b584418bbdca84a5.jpg

good morning all :wave:

welcome back sheils sounds a great time had :dance:
    hope DD has a lovely time on hols ete7.gif
    yes, I've been in garden seeing to the zoo & all's well aveclespigeons.gif

that does sound a scare theluckofthedraw ((hugs))
    good to hear DD should all be ok now & lovely news re GS x

great news re goodreads & tickets win leanfun well done :j:j
    hope the parcel is a lovely win :j

love your cats name zeezee ilovemycat.gif
    hope the ENT problem gets sorted for you soon ((hugs)) x
    beautiful morning here too indie 34.gif
    have a lovely lucky day all mini-graphics-disney-359650.gif
    x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Morning peeps. Was very cold earlier but sun is now shining and it is warm outside. DS is visiting later to pick up soup and lasagne. Kept some back for myself so guess what I am having for dinner today? lol.
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    th?id=OIP.DOGvhR_M426TcJms7btqngD9Es&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Good morning all, lovely sunny day here and hope it is where you are.

Congratulations on the new GS luckofthedraw and glad things turned out all right in the end.

Nasty things ear infections zeezee hope you get it sorted soon.

Enjoy your play leanfun.

Must go and sort my bird feeders firefly. Dont think they like the new metal bird feeder I have LOL.

Enjoy your garden Alfie.

Hope you manage a nice walk today Sheils, I expect you have lots of washing to do after your time away.

Hi everyone else, sorry if I have forgot you, have a lovely day.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    morning again peeps. Postie has just been Got jordans Super Granola and Decleor sample.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure