The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    How frustrating. The half hour idea is a good one. Can you make it a set time?
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2017 at 12:21PM
    Options
    I will try redo but sort of a before bed thing really.

I'm ready to go. I've had more than 2 hrs sleep :j.

Today I will

Get up to date with washing. ongoing
    Hang curtains. Done
    Make space in spare room for airer - buy new airer. Done
    Buy two new long sleeve jersey tops. I have none without holes. Done
    Clear out three bags of rubbish/charity shop/recycling. Take to charity shop. one bag for charity shop. Loads of junk thrown out and a big pile to recycling.
    Pay a small amount of debt.
    Do lots and lots of housework!. Ongoing

I will also start my woodwork in the hall.

This evening I need to start focussing on business plans and how to increase income.

No more Mr nice guy for me. I'm going for it.:D

Have a great day.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Just another quick one from me. I have been reading a book about success and improving things in life and this section jumped out at me. It's simple and obvious but I feel many of us don't do it. I certainly don't.

Improve your environment. Pay attention to how the things you surround yourself with make you feel. Pick at least one thing in all the following areas and upgrade in a way that gives you even more joy and energy:
    • Your home
    • Your car
    • Your clothes
    • Your general appearance
    • Your exercise routine
    • The food you eat
    • The music you listen to
    • The news you pay attention to

I certainly for one have been working on almost everyone of these areas for a while now and still have a long way to go with many. I like the music I listen to and have always been open to different stuff so I don't have an issue with that. Oh and I don't really watch the news anymore if I can avoid it (not easy with DH about) as it just gets me down and I feel helpless that there is not much I can do to change things......but the rest of the list, yes that's me.:)

Back now to the sorting the home bit. :)

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi parsniphead,

I like that quote (as long as it's done in a MSE way of course!) and agree that you have to make time for the things that make you happy in life! I hope you get a resolution at work as well, it's no fun being stuck doing something you don't enjoy, especially as we spend such a large proportion of time in the workplace.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,056.55 as of 04/24
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    That's rubbish that your line managers locked your move........can you ask them why they've blocked the move????
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    That's rubbish that your line managers locked your move........can you ask them why they've blocked the move????

It's that kind of place. It's really annoying but it has also given me a kick up the bum to get myself going. I know I don't want to be doing what I'm doing there now.

• parsniphead
    Options
    lcc86 wrote: »
    Hi parsniphead,

I like that quote (as long as it's done in a MSE way of course!) and agree that you have to make time for the things that make you happy in life! I hope you get a resolution at work as well, it's no fun being stuck doing something you don't enjoy, especially as we spend such a large proportion of time in the workplace.

Oh always in an MSE way but the trouble is I have been too MSE and neglected stuff which now means it's going to cost me lots more to sort it now.

I need to find a balance and stop acting like I'm in total poverty. I can do things with a little hard work.

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You are forging ahead with that jobs list! I will have to get a move on with mine. :)

Well done on the 'more than two hours' sleep'!! I have a feeling if we could crack that one it would make such a difference for the better - if I get to bed any later and you get up any earlier, we will meet in the middle. However, it's amazing what we can do on a few hours. :(

May I ask, 'What's the book'? It does sound interesting and I like my self-help books. ;) My favourites are Marie Kondo (for inspiration to declutter, not because I'm going to do the proper system) and anything 'hygge', because that resonates with me. Oh, and periodic dives into Flylady. :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks cherryfudge. I think between the two of us with our weird hours we have most of the day covered.

The book is called You are a bad@ss at making money: Master the mindset of wealth by Jen Sincero. I'm not sure of what I think of it but it has made me contemplate what I'm doing, which is a good thing, whether I followed her advise or not. Oh and she sometimes uses bad language so be aware. I don't like the language but it doesn't bother me that much.

I'm still going and have added two phone calls to the jobs list which have both been completed. Lunch soon I think. Mind you I don't need it really after accidentally eating two jam donuts. :o

• doingitanyway
    Options
    It's that kind of place. It's really annoying but it has also given me a kick up the bum to get myself going. I know I don't want to be doing what I'm doing there now.
    In the words of the late great Whitney Houston "It's not right, but its okay. I'm going to make it anyway' :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills