Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• tra_2
    tra_2 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Couple of saless today which gives me another 1%, so,

105 - 12%

I love this challenge. Its working and its fun! :beer:
    Member 105 of 1% at a time - 23/100 :j
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    liz-paul wrote: »
    Ebay listing started :( I find it a bit of a hateful chore but hey ho :rotfl:

Anyone else found music magpie to be a bit stingy? Been offered £5.52 for 12 DVDs and a box set? Think I'm gonna go for it even if it is about half what I could get on ebay as at least I don't have to do all the listing, relisting, packaging and posting but it still seems a bit mean to me.....

for me threy took ages - try we buy - which is cex.

the cash wasn't necesserily better but theypaid me quicker as I did half and half to each...

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Nimbo, how long was long? Like a week or a month? Not sure what to do now....

Ebay listing finished for now - Hurrah :j Everything ending friday & saturday..... Fingers crossed for a few good sales.

Wish OH would get on board - he's got a stack of old mobiles in his office that I want to recycle and he just won't give them to me. He keeps uhming & ahhing over whether or not he still needs them :huh: He is just no good at doing the small things. Although giving our finances a good going over this month has pushed him to reduce our phone/broadband by £10 per month & change his mob contract/start using his work phone for work calls etc. None of which is going towards my 1%'s as he is not onboard my disney world dreams either.....
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not listed much this weekend but plenty sold as they were all ending yesterday :) all but 1 has paid so going to do a mammoth packing session tomorrow and get them sent off!

I did however totally sort my daughters room and organised the chaos that was the family room so it's a nice clear space! And my dad hung the really cheap plywood door he spent ages cursing at :) but I couldn't justify a wooden one so that's the best I could do!

So a productive, non earner day! Hoping it is payday tomorrow but the husbsnd hasnt got the invoices out so we will see!
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all and well done everyone on all your efforts.

I still have'nt managed to get any Ebay listings sone but I do now have a pile of items waiting to be listed. Please let there be a free listing weekend again soon :o

We had our lovely trip away and you would all be so proud of me - as the hotel we were staying in served us unlimited breakfast - hubby and I decided that we would make bacon and sausage sandwiches which we took as our picnic into Chesington. All it cost us was a pack of foil (49p) which we bought at the local Tesco's. However whilst we were in there a lady offered all 4 of us a free pack of the new Walkers Crisps to try so delighted to be able to get a pack up picnic for all four of us for just 49p :j This saved us a good £20 on food in the park. We were also really good at Legoland too - we took a load of the snacky things we had'nt eaten in the car on the way down the following down such as crisps, apples, chocolate etc so although not healthy - it did'nt cost us much :T
    Anyway back to my update:-

No 17 checking in for duty and reporting that I now have £248 waiting to be paid into the savings account. This is earnt as follows:-

£20.00 from my auntie and mum some of my crafty makes
    £2.00 from an old scratchcard I found lying around the house
    £20.00 from craft fair I went to on Saturday
    £145 from the craft fair/fete I attended today
    £20.00 from my split of the lucky dip the kids & I done at the stall mentioned above (it cost £10.89 to buy and wrap the little presents but we took £42 from this so we split the profit three ways - however I'm paying my share plus the amount of the pressies bought into the account as this was originally spare money from the end of the month anyway)
    £41.00 from Quidco (had forgotten to check my Quidco bank account and pleasantly found that over the last couple of months I had earned this much cashback)

So although I'm quite declaring it all yet (as I never do until its transferred into our savings account) I will be adding an extra 8% to my total very soon :j

Even better news is that this will take my total up to 70% :D
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oooh knew I forgotton something - I have just remembered that I had a good sort out of the kids school clothes yesterday and found that actually I did'nt need new trousers I had bought for my son (as he still has a brand new pair from last term and several other pairs which I had to buy him towards the end of last term as he had holes in all his knees (boys will be boys) I also bought blouses for my daughter when again I found a brand new three pack in her drawers which are still her size - these coupled together with the 4 others means apart from shoes shes all kitted out - result.

So I will return the things bought at Sainsbury's on Friday to get £15 back - so another £15 for the pot - :j
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • ellesbellesxxx
    Options
    Happytails, just catching up on some posts and saw you had to go to A and E - just wanted to say hope you are ok x
    :rotfl:
  • braddy970
    braddy970 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    Another £150 for me so another 1.5% making it 15% so far woopwoop 1%'s is so much easier and more managable than thinking £10,000
    The 1% Challenge #76 - Debt 1 = £620 - 1% = £6.20 - 4.3%
    Debt 2 = £1600- 1% = £16 - 0%
    Debt 3 = £1012 - 1% = £10.12 0%

Pay all your debt by Xmas 2016 #130- £465.86/£7636.46 - 6.1 %
    Make £10 a day ~ Jan £182.49, Feb £373.65
  • Hmm_2
    Hmm_2 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Hello %ers,

I'm not very good at asking for advice, but feel really stuck with this decision.

DH and I are desperate to get rid of our debt and I have the opportunity to work from 5pm-8pm Mon-Fri doing data entry in an office.

Our situation is that DH works full time and earns well (I wouldn't have to work if we didn't have debt to tackle). Until a year ago I worked full time in an office, but then started working part time from home due to health stuff and constant hospital appts. At the moment I attend almost every day and sometimes twice a day. Appt can be morning or afternoon depending on previous day's bloodwork. So, I can't take on pt work during the day for at least 6 months. My work at home is flexible so can be done whenever I can fit it in.

I have been looking at ways to increase my contribution to the pot by either taking an early morning cleaning job (that finishes before my hosp clinic opens at 9am) or an evening job. No luck so far with the morning job, but have this evening opportunity.

My problem is that DH and I really value our time together in the evening. I am alone at home all day and a few years ago I spent almost a year in hosp, so we only seen each other for visiting hour in the evening. This has really brought us closer and I don't want to not see him in the evenings, but do want to get rid of this debt.

I don't know what to do. Any advice / thoughts would really be appreciated.
  • Hmm_2
    Hmm_2 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, I should say that the job is for 3 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure