Motorists, what to do about cyclists who constantly break the high way code???

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Anyone with an iota of common sense can see that it's not the cyclists who are causing congestion:

Cycle%20Space_zpsatumsjrq.jpg

Cycle%20Use_zpsuneieqq8.jpg

Registered%20Cars_zpsyx3cvysl.jpg

The reason that demand for motor transport keeps growing is that motoring is too cheap, and because the costs are subsidised by the taxpayer.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jack_pott wrote: »
    The reason that demand for motor transport keeps growing is that motoring is too cheap, and because the costs are subsidised by the taxpayer.

Not this rubbish again, go on quote that study from 2012 by those.Dresden academics. You know the one that includes everything from dealing with climate change to the alleged health costs of pollution, but excludes 95% of motoring taxes because they aren't ring fenced by the government.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pixie5740 wrote: »
    You know the company the cyclist is working for so if they genuinely had no lights on make a complaint to the company.

I emailed their CEO recently about one of the moped riders to his personal email. will@deliveroo.co.uk

I received a personal response back.

People assume that due to the way the bikes & mopeds are driven that Deliveroo don't care. They do actually care about their image and appreciate genuine complaints
  • Giddypip
    Giddypip Posts: 130 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    According to a cyclist I had a 'discussion' with a few years ago, the rules of the highway code do not apply to them!
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Giddypip wrote: »
    According to a cyclist I had a 'discussion' with a few years ago, the rules of the highway code do not apply to them!

Hello Giddypip, and thank you for your contribution. Did the cyclist provide any rationale regarding the highway code?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Indeed. Shocking attitude

https://twitter.com/davidfkeySNP/status/786871690928201728
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hopefully, as an intelligent person, you understand that that cyclist doesn't speak for or represent other cyclists.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Giddypip, and thank you for your contribution. Did the cyclist provide any rationale regarding the highway code?
    Why do you want to know what their rationale was? Apparently you're only interested in motorists views.
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    What rages me so much, is the endless cyclists who often use two one way streets in my neighborhood, and constantly the wrong way.!

I don't expect I'd learn anything new if I read the rest of the thread other than some emotional language about lycra, and traffic and road tax, so I won't.

But if it 'rages you' may I suggest maybe a visit to the doctor, and perhaps an elementary course in general roadcraft and another in statistics? That way you'll help your health, other road users and your general understanding of the world we live in.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OINK!

"Two Wheels good, Four Wheels Bad!"
    OINK OINK!

Apologies to George Orwell....
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors