IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPS Midlands Parking Charge Notice

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ReissNFFC
    Options
    Hi wondering if anyone can help me but i got a PCN from said company last year in october time, i read the appeal page on here & incorporated that into my appeal but after a while this was rejected. After not paying, ive recieved two letter from tnc parking services saying i owe £179 and i have also looking at advice ignored them. Yesterday i recieved a phone call from glasgow and an angry scottish chap asking me for my details for legal reasons, i tried to avoid this but they already had my details anyway but he asked for the sum which i refused to pay. The thing of interest is that i was parked in a customer car park and my friend was alsi given a ticket but didnt appeal & has heard nothing since, i questioned this on the phone & didn't get an answer before he said legal proceedings will start & put the phone down, what would be the best course of action now thanks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ReissNFFC wrote: »
    Hi wondering if anyone can help me but i got a PCN from said company last year in october time, i read the appeal page on here & incorporated that into my appeal but after a while this was rejected. After not paying, ive recieved two letter from tnc parking services saying i owe £179 and i have also looking at advice ignored them. Yesterday i recieved a phone call from glasgow and an angry scottish chap asking me for my details for legal reasons, i tried to avoid this but they already had my details anyway but he asked for the sum which i refused to pay. The thing of interest is that i was parked in a customer car park and my friend was alsi given a ticket but didnt appeal & has heard nothing since, i questioned this on the phone & didn't get an answer before he said legal proceedings will start & put the phone down, what would be the best course of action now thanks

Please start your own thread instead of posting on someone else's. All the advice here is for the original poster, whereas you will get bespoke help on your own thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • flamenco45
    flamenco45 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I received Notice of Intention to Advise Client to Issue Summons.

This is after 3 txt messages, a phone call where I was asked to confirm my address "for security purposes" which I refused to do. The person on the phone got heated. Asked again for my address in regard "to a personal matter." I said no and asked who is calling and why. They said TNC (meant nothing to me) and it was to do with a car park... Oh, I said. "The car park. Well, I am not paying..." The other person then shouted "So you DO know what this is about!" and slammed the phone down.

2 text messages were identical - We notice... etc finishing with Prevent the possibility of legal action and possible fees by calling our office quoting ref....

I did not reply to either.

I had a letter in Feb from TNC - Outstanding Parking Charge Notice which again I did not reply to.

I am still up for going to court but want to make sure I'm not missing a trick on the way.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    TNC is a debt collector

its real court papers from Northampton you are waiting for , an MCOL
  • flamenco45
    flamenco45 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MCOL - is that money claim online?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes. Await court papers and come back if you get them.

Ignore TNC, let them throw their toys out of the pram. They cannot litigate and just want to bully you. Any court claim cannot come from them they are toothless which is why they are trying bullying tactics.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Caparn
    Caparn Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 March 2017 at 9:38PM
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is request a POPLA code from CPS, this entitles you to make your case at a hearing specially set up for parking appeals. This costs them (CPS) about £27 :-), so they probably won't even do this as the machine wasn't working.
    Also, CPS are members of the BPA. BPA require a message about being able to appeal to POPLA to be on the actual ticket that's issued. They probably haven't got this information on the ticket so they would also be breaking the BPA guidelines (another thing to add to your case).
    Also, you need to tell TNC, if they phone you, that:
    1. You don't owe CPS any money for the reasons you have given.
    2. CPS did not follow the BPA guidelines.
    3. You want a POPLA code, and this information should have been on the ticket they issued.
    4. After telling them you don't owe them any money and you are not paying any money, tell them they are harassing you by calling you (if they have called you more than once), tell them not to call you again, and the only way you will pay is if they provide you with a POPLA code so you have have your case heard by someone other than the claimant (who clearly would just reject your appeal whatever!) or take you to a small claims court. But just be adamant that you don't owe them any money. After a few calls they will go away, they won't take you to court or spend £27 on a POPLA code that they would lose.

After this message they really have no reason to call you as you have made it clear you dispute the charge, refuse to pay other than if the POPLA panel or small claims court think you should pay. If they phone you again just repeat the above and keep a note of when they call.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Caparn wrote: »
    The first thing you need to do is request a POPLA code from CPS, this entitles you to make your case at a hearing specially set up for parking appeals. This costs them (CPS) about £27 :-), so they probably won't even do this as the machine wasn't working.
    Also, CPS are members of the BPA. BPA require a message about being able to appeal to POPLA to be on the actual ticket that's issued. They probably haven't got this information on the ticket so they would also be breaking the BPA guidelines (another thing to add to your case).
    Also, you need to tell TNC, if they phone you, that:
    1. You don't owe CPS any money for the reasons you have given.
    2. CPS did not follow the BPA guidelines.
    3. You want a POPLA code, and this information should have been on the ticket they issued.
    4. After telling them you don't owe them any money and you are not paying any money, tell them they are harassing you by calling you (if they have called you more than once), tell them not to call you again, and the only way you will pay is if they provide you with a POPLA code so you have have your case heard by someone other than the claimant (who clearly would just reject your appeal whatever!) or take you to a small claims court. But just be adamant that you don't owe them any money. After a few calls they will go away, they won't take you to court or spend £27 on a POPLA code that they would lose.

After this message they really have no reason to call you as you have made it clear you dispute the charge, refuse to pay other than if the POPLA panel or small claims court think you should pay. If they phone you again just repeat the above and keep a note of when they call.

This isn't helpful. CPS (Midlands) is an IPC operator where POPLA is not the second stage appeal provider.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Caparn wrote: »
    Are you posting on the wrong thread?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure