London & Country are a NIGHTMARE!

Options
LadyGMadameToThee
LadyGMadameToThee Posts: 55 Forumite
edited 20 July 2017 at 1:42PM in Mortgages & endowments
I don't even know where to begin with these incompetent charlatans. Never responding to emails or phone calls (or taking days/weeks at a time to do so) - failing to grasp things they have been told by the lender and, therefore, constantly having to contact them to clarify issues. General dithering and delaying. Have no idea where we actually stand with our lender. Tried to phone the lender themselves but they can't/won't deal with us directly (which is bizarre and ridiculous considering it's our money at stake!). Just feel incredibly fed up - and wish we'd never used these infuriating cowboys in the first place. As FTB with excellent salaries, low debt and fantastic credit files, there was no need for us to even use brokers (but a close friend was highly recommending them). Wish I'd done my research! Their Facebook reviews are a real mixed bag - it seems there's no middle ground with this bunch. You either receive excellent service or you receive appalling service! At this rate, we will lose the house we want!
:DLady G:eek::mad::rotfl:

Life is too short to be serious all of the time. So, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me - and I'll laugh at you!:money::money:

Comments

• pinkpiglit
    pinkpiglit Posts: 304 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm surprised. We have used them, for the third or fourth time in about 10 years, and each time service has been fine.

This time it was just a remortgage, but it took less than 10 days from me picking up the phone until our mortgage offer came through.

I guess it's all down to the advisor you get allocated.
  • bob_bank_spanker
    Options
    We had excellent service with them, and so did friends/colleagues.

Complain and try and get a different advisor?
  • LadyGMadameToThee
    Options
    We've phoned their head offic repeatedly and hey always say they'll tell our advisor to phone us back as a matter of urgency. Our Case Manager must be a figment of heir imagination because we've never even seen or spoken to her! These lot Ardmore like scotch mist. You only need to go onto various review websites to see what a roulette their service is.

Life is too short to be serious all of the time. So, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me - and I'll laugh at you!:money::money:
  • RancidM
    RancidM Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    we used L&C to port our mortgage with Barclay's to a new property as it was infinitely easier than dealing with the lender direct.

no complaints about L&C at all.
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I never had a problem with L&C, and on reading some of the OP's other posts, suggest the issue probably isn't at the L&C end...
  • LadyGMadameToThee
    Options
    Hmmm that'll be why my solicitors have had numerous clients who have also had poor dealings with L&C - and of course the hundreds of negative reviews about them have all been made up for the sheer fun of it?!

Anyway, what I really want to do is cut them out of the process entirely but it seems a strange situation because we'd be applying to the same lender but, presumably, they'd be carrying out another credit check & valuation (and wasting lots of their own time) just to reach the same point we are at now? Why can't they just deal with us directly?

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another L&C customer and satisfied for the most part (they're a solid 7/10 for me).

There was one questionable instance with our last mortgage where the advisor went on holiday mid-purchase and didn't inform us, but a panicked voicemail obtained a very quick response from one of their colleagues. If that's the worst thing that happens during arranging 3 mortgages, I'll count myself lucky.

Also particularly impressed with our last mortgage (bar this instance) as they didn't bat an eyelid at changing salaries/complicated circumstances/multiple unique complications and managed to get us the product we wanted, which is ultimately what I'm paying them for.
  • Alchopops
    Alchopops Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Plus one for good service from L&C for our recent mortgage application.
    02346631 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    L&C have been mostly excellent for me as FTB. They were able to get deals I just couldn't find anywhere else and have excellent knowledge about lenders affordability criteria etc. I would have to mark them down on communication though, it's been pretty painful at times trying to get hold of people.
  • Debtslayer
    Debtslayer Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    We used L&C and had no problems at all.
    Guess it may be the advisor you get.
    Current Mortgage 01.10.17 £113,513.88
    MFW Start Mortgage: £114,794.64
    Current MED: 2036:eek: Target MED: 2026 ;)
    Overpayment Target for remainder of 2017: £2,000
    Mortgage overpayment savings: £684.80
    MFW No 124 :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills