PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 7th November 2017

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning :wave:

Happy birthday Mr TA agree with redruby you should do both :D

Weather here is a bit weird it looks yellow outside very odd but at least the frost has gone

Got quite a bit done yesterday, made a few appointments, finished of invoicing for now and got the emails down to about 50 which is good.
    Booked some coaching calls for this afternoon so have this morning to continue the end tying tasks :)

Off out with the girls tonight for dinner and a catch up which im looking forward to might have a carvery as I could do with a pile of veg to make up for hardly any for the last few days. Last night was bacon, toast, beans, mushrooms and a fried egg mmmm :)

Hope Dumpling got to see Becky last night big hugs

right im offski have a good day all
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Morning all

Waiting for DH to bring back DGS for the day. He will be here until 3.15. Had a bad night's sleep so looking after a 3 year old will be interesting.

Dumpling hope Becky settles in well. Thinking of you all.
    Happy Birthday Mr TA.
    Jackie O thinking of you and your family.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm back to not getting to sleep - after 3.00 both of the last two nights.

Warning Speky, I'm going to talk women's stuff. Does anyone else still have a cycle after the menopause? I haven't had a period for about 6 years but I still seem to have hormonal changes every few weeks, water retention, the above not sleeping and craving carbs. Luckily the vile temper I used to have is absent as are the migraines.

I'm going down to DD's to collect Ziggy for hr few days with us. Poor DD isn't very well so I will see her. I'm also going to see my homeopath, I know science says it doesn't work but I have experienced its effects and seen them on others especially children. She's a family friend anyway and it's always nice to see her.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) I you need one.

Dumpling, I hope Becky had a kid but and they sort out her problems.

We had rain during the night, and is blowing now, so
    I have the towels in the washer, hopefully will get them dry enough to finish them n the airer overnight.

Gearing myself up for the fair a week on Saturday, I finished two more bowl cozy's yesterday, not planning on making any more, do not like the way the inside is.

Easy supper tonight, egg, chips and beans. I made a crumble yesterday with fruit I found in the freezer, enough left for tonight.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Not sure what the weather is doing as I'm still in bed. Ready to get up though.

A day in the house today I think, just the usual bits and pieces and I want to make a quiche for tea.

Happy birthday Mr TA. I hope he has a super day._party_

Thinking of Becky too and hoping Dumpling is coping without her.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Dreary and damp Tuesday morning. Stupidly snoozed my alarm and feel asleep again so was running around daft so as not to be late to pick up my gym buddy.

Played football last night which was fun as always. Used L/O meat from Sunday for dinner too.

No plans for this evening although I recon I've got a decent bit of ironing to do. How exciting.

Hope everyone has a lovely day :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Slept in to 9am this morning, unheard of for us but guess with no doggie bladders to wake us!

The trip up was good, I especially liked the scenery between Newcastle and Edinburgh, beautiful. Our apartment is very comfortable (especially the bed clearly :rotfl: ) with everything we would need, not sure it would suit everyone as it's on the second floor, 33 steps with no lift but we were warned and it's good for the thighs :) We popped to the local Sainsbobs last night and picked up a few bits for supper, the owner had left a bottle of wine and some Tunnock tea cakes so they were afters. The forecast isn't great for this morning so think we will head for the National Portrait Gallery and take it from there.

Hope Becky had a good night and thoughts are with her family, also with JackieO.

Have a good day folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning chums, well i saw our Frank last night bless him and I think he is at least pain-free, the nurses at the hospice are amazing and he is never left alone for very long as they are so caring . I don't think it will be long for him poor man His wife is bearing up but my son-in-law and his sister look dreadful. Its such a beastly illness and If only the money spent trying to kill other human beings was ploughed into saving lives maybe it would be beaten. Now its just a matter of time for him poor chap

Today I shall be like camelot getting my flu jab, prevention is better than a cure as my old Mum would say.
    I have a very low impaired immunity system a left over from Chemo so its to my benefit that I look after myself and make sure I take any preventative measures that I can.

Still not had time this month to go to the shops but as I am trying to run down my freezer I don't mind.Actually getting some room in there at last.

Sitting here with wodges of cotton wool up my nose at the moment :) I sneezed and had a nasty nose bleed, hopefully it will stop soon as I can't walk outside at the moment I look like a dreadful accident :):):)

Hope Becky is doing OK and dumpling as well. Life can be such a rollercoaster at times can't it .Normality will resume shortly no doubt

Take care all and thanks for the good vibes

JackieO xxx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:

Gosh it's very cold and wet here today. I put the heating on for a bit which seems to have taken the edge off.

I spoke to Becky's nurse this morning and she had had a good night with no incidents. I can't believe how bereft I feel though. She has been my constant companion for the past year and it is so quiet here without her. Just getting four plates out of the cupboard instead of five is enough to make me feel so sad. I hope I will be able to see her soon.

Lilly got absolutely drenched this morning on her way to college so she turned round and came back home. I dragged her to Tesco and we did a weeks shop which was really odd as I usually do it online. Bless her she put it all away for me once we had got back and I put a large pan of beef stew on for dinner tonight.

Phoebe's teacher called me while I was out as there is a parent's evening on Thursday which Phoebe had forgotten to mention to me. I am going to go with her and see how she is doing. She is a bit fragile at the moment with everything that has been going on so I will spend some time with her to make sure she will be ok.

The house is a bit neglected so I will get everyone to do a bit of cleaning tonight. I also want to mealplan some healthy meals as we have been eating a lot of rubbish recently and it shows.

Sending out a load of hugs to everyone, hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.
    I'm fed up having bad news thrown at me. Elderly neighbour had an episode last night about 9pm, shouting and banging her front door umpteen times. Police attended but it continued for about an hour after they left. However she has just phoned and is as right as rain today.
    The other bit of bad news concerns friends of ours, the lady has today been diagnosed with breast cancer ( she found lumps ) and is having her op next week :sad:.
    In other news I went for my annual MOT at the surgery this morning, but have to go back next week for bloods. As it's a fasting one I'm booked in for 7.45am :eek:. Didn't even know that they opened before 8.30am. My Dad 's also having his flu jab today so I shall check on him later too.
    Came back via Al*i because I needed cherries to make the Xmas cakes. Hope to get started on them tomorrow, I'm a bit late but hey ho, better late than never. Whilst there I also snaffled a Xmas pudding to put away :D. However my freezer stocks don't seem to be dwindling no matter how much I try. I'm sure someone is filling it up when I'm not looking :rotfl:.
    TA hope Mr TA has a lovely birthday !
    LaineyT enjoy !
    JackieO hope the nose bleed has stopped.
    Dumpling special hugs to you and your family.
    Nelski hope you have a good night out too.
    Enough waffling from me I'm off to watch a movie, a gothic horror on S*y. Just up my alley :j
    Hugs to all
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure