BA delayed luggage

Options
Hi and Sorry for jumping onto this forumn and hoping for some advice. My luggage was delayed by 52 hrs. Basically, they forgot to load my luggage onto the plane.

On arrival at Bergen I was in informed that my luggage would be dropped to my door the following day..
The BA agent informed me she had no idea how much money I was entitled to spend for essential items.
The following day nil communication and no sign of my luggage. Several telephone calls to BA in Norway followed by one to BA in UK came to nothing.
Third day notified my luggage was being delivered by boat to an area 40 minutes away and I had no choice but to collect it.
So 52 hrs with no luggage
Touring Norway delayed by 48hrs
Had to collect my bag myself.
BA response: In there terms and conditions they do not guarantee my luggage will reach the same destination as me. They have a blanket policy that they do not compensate for any delay in luggage, delay in starting our holiday or the travel time to collect my luggage.

Any suggestions how I can tackle this? I have used resolver but the above verbal respose from BA stunned me.

Many thanks
Eilis :money:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills