PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th June 2017

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well my morning consisted of a visit to reset my dads burglar alarm, a phonecall with chaperone license people then a mad dash to sort another referee, and clothes shopping for DD. Happily she likes everything I chose and they all fit, bar one pair of leggings that need taking in on the waist - but perfect fit in the leg. Can't believe most of them were age 8-9 :eek: poor DS just got a pair of cheap football socks :rotfl:

My afternoon was studying, I've just a couple of theory introductions to do and that's it! All units finished! I didn't technically need to do the last section until next week but I'm on a roll and next week could be busy so thought I'd get ahead.

I'm going to organise dinner and empty the DW. We have turkey steaks but no idea what with, it may be broccoli and a 'proper' dinner. Will tidy hall too and move laundry as have another decorator coming to quote...

Then I suppose I'll clean the downstairs loo...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Really really tired. I think I may be coming down with something. DH still at work, kiddies eating dinner then it's their bath time. I expect I'll be in bed just after them tonight.

Will make DH lunch for tomorrow now. Hopefully a good nights sleep will be just the ticket...
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Done nearly all the level 1 as well as paid stuff then took rubber mats up to my friend's for her horse, helped power wash them and left her and her friend putting them down. Mucked out a stable too but guess that's not really flying is it!

ATB sorry you're feeing rough - as you say hopefully an early night will sort it

Narco well done on more work!

Bossy glad you're almost at the end of your course now; doesn't seem it's been that long but probably does for you!

Beepers going for oven so got to go, will try to fly a bit more later
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    Done nearly all the level 1 as well as paid stuff then took rubber mats up to my friend's for her horse, helped power wash them and left her and her friend putting them down. Mucked out a stable too but guess that's not really flying is it! Of course it is. And rubber mats are ridiculously heavy too.

Narco well done on more work!Thank you.
    Yes I know it sounds mad as the work is hard and tiring in many ways, but at least it is a guaranteed income (pretty much)
    for the next 2yrs by which time I'll be 61 and can reassess depending on what state the country is in.

Marvellous Monday Bathrooms, Shower Rooms and Cloakrooms

Level 1

[STRIKE]Open window[/STRIKE]
    Empty waste bins
    [STRIKE]Wipe shower screen or wash shower curtain[/STRIKE]

Level 2
    [STRIKE]Dust windowsill[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean windows[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Polish any mirrors[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Scrub toilet[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe down outside of toilet[/STRIKE]

Level 3
    [STRIKE]Scrub basins[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Polish taps[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Polish towel rail[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]sweep/mop floor[/STRIKE]

Had mammogram.
    Went to Mr A.
    Re-scheduled shoulder injection for early July.
    Had MAD time in garden pruning, putting up fruit cage and cutting back all aquilegias as we have millions.
    Paid cc bill.
    Checked bank statement.
    Read solar meter, sent it off, checked payment. It's been a sunny quarter!
    Went through diary/calendar for next few weeks to check what might be happening.

Rather oddly when I got in the car this morning, I noticed that the back number plate was missing. I can't believe my little Hyunda1 roller-skate counts as collectible and it isn't meaningful so presume it dropped off somewhere. Pretty shabby as the car is only a few months old. Mr N whizzed into town to get a new one, no surprises it wasn't covered as a warranty item!!
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all, I managed it! I stuck to the list and now have a lovely clean bathroom:D
    Also got 2x wm loads done, counselling apt decluttered and visit to my cousin who has a flatter garden than me (not hard as we're on a hill!) to road test putting up a new tent.

Hugs toPigpen and ATB hope you both feel better soon, hope you get a call back soon FBO must be frustrating, congrats to Narc0 and Bossy on the new contract and for completing studying ahead of schedule. I hear you MrsMP on the craft scraps, I have a bag full I inherited from my Mum and have my own too:rotfl:

Hugs, sticks and spoons to all who need them.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening.
    Work done. I have an unexpected day off tomorrow, unfortunately unpaid due to lack of work. Still it will give me no excuse not to follow the list, will it ?!

Bathroom and cloakroom only got a s and s this morning, and will have to be better cleaned later in the week. Towels made it through the wm though. DW just finished and kitchen is sort of tidy. I spent my mad half hour out in the front garden after dinner trying to find the edge of the drive from amongst the overgrown lawn, ahem weeds :o. Hopefully I will finish it off tomorrow, but it looks better already. I'm still trying to write some sort of meal plan and shopping list. Then it will be an early night with my book. I haven't managed much sleep for the past few nights beyond about 3 am, so feel a bit in need right now.

Well done Bossy. Hope the early night helps you to feel better ATB.

Have lovely evenings all.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

Had a good but heavy day today:
    - cleared study floor and sorted lots of paper work
    - checked for reading prep for tomorrow's college lecture and discovered that there isn't any because we're doing safeguarding
    - met a friend for 2x coffee and a very nice omelette lunch
    - did an hour's work in a primary school on placement - great fun!
    - had an hour to kill before my next job so went to a GC and bought 6 heucheras in beautiful shades of crimson, orange and dark green, then to one of those "Home, home on the ..." shops for non-slip bath mats and punched pockets, resisting the opportunity to browse among their garden plants
    - my next placement job took longer than expected and was emotionally draining but oh so rewarding; but had to phone DH to say that I wouldn't be home as early as I had expected, so would he please heat up a meal for himself in the microwave if he still wanted to go out early this evening (he did)
    - decided to trim back a quince japonica which had thrown shoots out across the front path; also deadheaded some of the roses
    - emptied all the kitchen bins
    - cooked a comfort meal (but still SW friendly) for myself
    - was supposed to be going food shopping but sat down after my meal and simply didn't get up again until 9.00, but which time @!d1 was shut
    - went out and mowed the lawn and pulled up forget-me-nots (security lights are an enormous help!); also emptied a trug full of rubbish into the bin.

DH :A had hoovered while I was out.

Bed very soon: another busy day ahead tomorrow.

(((Hugs))) all round, especially to FBO, and spoons and sticks as needed x
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,781 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been to SW, have decluttered 3lbs
    Have ironed
    Have had an interesting conversation with my sister who is worried about mum and her short-term memory. I am to go to the docs (we use the same surgery) for a little chat...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Congrats re new contract Narco
    Well done on placements Iona
    Great news on assignments Bossy
    Brilliant on all the lbs gone Valli

Really fed-up now with all this rain and wind. It's meant to be flaming June isn't it - only thing 'flaming' here is my temper about having to still have the heating on :mad: Sorry - moan over.

Dailies done
    Small upright freezer sorted
    Have managed to dust all through from top to bottom
    Kitchen WUDUPA and bunkers cleared and wiped
    Rubbish all evacuated

MAD today - eaten the paperwork frog that was covering desk. All sorted and filed/binned/shredded as appropriate :j

Hugs, sticks and spoons as needed
    Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Hope you get some good legal advice FBO
    Valli - good luck at the doctors. Maybe they can give you advice about your mum.

I'm pleased to report a Level 2 success in the bathroom yesterday, with a few bits of Level 3 thrown in for good measure. Then, later that evening, the boys and then DH had baths/showers...might as well have not bothered :mad:

Spent most of the day sorting out electricians and builders, worrying about how much money is left in the pot (nowhere near enough) and discussing/approving/amernding plans with the architect for the next phase of the works. Oh, then had to feed DH's cousin and drive him home, which was a round trip of an hour.

Got to bed after midnight and awake at 4am, as usual...:(

Hugs xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family