New Norwegian flights to US from Belfast and Edinburgh

Comments

• so inpossiable to get the price! tried about 12 different dates for edi-Stewart Intl (New York) and got nothing under £500 pp
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There are a few £69 flights, with 3 seats at that price seemingly, for Thursdays from Edinburgh but the return fares are much higher, and the price does not include luggage or food. It is simply good marketing but most return fares will be around £500 which may still be cheaper than the major carriers in peak season but not the price people may be expecting
  • bobbyhibs wrote: »
    so inpossiable to get the price! tried about 12 different dates for edi-Stewart Intl (New York) and got nothing under £500 pp
    Tuesdays in November. Flying back to Edinburgh.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    There are a few £69 flights, with 3 seats at that price seemingly, for Thursdays from Edinburgh but the return fares are much higher, and the price does not include luggage or food. It is simply good marketing but most return fares will be around £500 which may still be cheaper than the major carriers in peak season but not the price people may be expecting

I've always found they work out as or more expensive than the major carriers once you've added in the extras.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • hi

and thanks for the feedback Alan Bowen and PeacefulWaters-

I did try a few different dates n stuff, though maybe need to retry a thursday !!

PeacefulWaters- sadly i did not try in november! i did try different dates in around june and then a few dates in august(as i have weeks off in those months)
  • I was onto this very early, around noon, and there were NO flights from Edinburgh to NYC at £69, wa sonly the return flight back. So the cheapest flights were £200 and they were all gone within an hour or two.

I was expecting it to be a bit fairer than that !!!!!!, do we have to wait a full year for another chance? And did they give any advance warning that they were releasing the flights today?
  • The ex-UK fare gas to include air passenger duty. It was never going to be under £70.
  • superc
    superc Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hello!

It wasn't impossible, I got £60 one way including taxes, £69 return for July, from Edinburgh. Tuesday to Sunday. At the time there was loads on offer, but disappeared quite quickly. Obviously all the add ons like seat reservation, meals, luggage etc added extra but none of that bothered me. Apparently shuttle buses to take you to Manhattan will be arranged so looking forward to see how that works out. Hopefully they will release more for this price.
  • srisport
    srisport Posts: 198 Forumite
    superc wrote: »
    Hello!

It wasn't impossible, I got £60 one way including taxes, £69 return for July, from Edinburgh. Tuesday to Sunday. At the time there was loads on offer, but disappeared quite quickly. Obviously all the add ons like seat reservation, meals, luggage etc added extra but none of that bothered me. Apparently shuttle buses to take you to Manhattan will be arranged so looking forward to see how that works out. Hopefully they will release more for this price.

Makes you wonder how an airline can make a profit with prices that low, and what there possibly cutting back on to make this worth their while.......

Live a little and fly Business Class, i got a cracking deal from Dublin - San Francisco in April including return for £1200. and thats with a stop over in Amsterdam. :beer:
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    srisport wrote: »
    Makes you wonder how an airline can make a profit with prices that low, and what there possibly cutting back on to make this worth their while.....

They only have a few seats at the base price out of a total of nearly 200 seats on the aircraft per flight. They are making a profit because a significant number of passengers will be paying a lot more than actual cost per seat.
    They won't be cutting back on anything because they don't need to.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure