Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can someone tell me how many syns are in skimmed milk?Online I have found guesses of all sorts.At the moment I am going by 100 ml being 2 syns (one of the guestimates I have found,as well as 1/2 syn per tablespoon(!).Can someone else confirm?Thank you.

You can have 350ml as HEA so 6 syns per 350ml = 1 syn for *about* 60ml (58.33).

Thanks for the chart Shala and well done SOTW Beanie!! :T

I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and it wasn't pretty - I think my new aim for the rest of this challenge is to just get back to where I was at the start (lose 4lb from now).

Plan for today:
    B - Weetabix
    D - Bacon, onion, mushroom and tomato omelette
    T - Speedy chicken curry from freezer with quinoa
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Weetabix
    Syns - Sugar in coffee and on Weetabix (3), curry (0.5), hot chocolate (3)

I need to do a meal plan and a shop so I'll try and do that today while I'm still feeling bleurgh from the weekend :o Now off out to run club :(
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    An on plan day yesterday :) 2 syns for lighter than light mayo was the damage.

Aiming for one day at a time:

Today

B) Mugshot and an apple. Couldn't be bothered making anything so just grabbed this on my way in.

D) Seafood salad and a cup of potato, leek and bacon soup. Carrot sticks and strawberries.

T) Cottage pie (4 + HEXA) and green beans

BM - Usual commute, dog walk, shopping.

HEXB will be ryvita minis later on.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jade86123 wrote: »
    Evening everyone!
    Been a while since I used MSE forums but I want to give Slimming World a go and know the support in these forums is great!

So I hope you don't mind me joining you!

Still trying to get my head round it all and I'm afraid of the mountain of Easter Eggs that are in my living room - but I will join in with the next challenge from 30th - gives me a few weeks to start myself off!

Right, now to menu plan and order the shopping ��

Welcome:D i am new ish too
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Beanie :T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2017 at 10:44AM
    Options
    morning all - hope everyone had a good break/easter weekend.

WI this morning with a loss of -1lb. Slow and steady :)

Plan for today:
    B: Strawberries and FF yogurt
    L: speed food and scan bran
    D: iceland SW ready meal.
    Snacks: carrot sticks, celery sticks and Kiwi.
    Syns 3 for sugar in tea
    Aiming to hit the gym as well.

Hugs to all that need them - off to catch up with the thread!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • gingerfurball
    gingerfurball Posts: 385 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2017 at 11:33AM
    Options
    Hi all - hope you all had a lovely Easter....mines was combined with our anniversary celebrations and we did enjoy ourselves lol. We were having a stay-cation so wanted to try out new restaurants and do new things just for the fun of it.

So we ate out at two new restaurants (3 trips in total) one is a authentic Sicilian restaurant so you can guess most definitely not SW friendly. And we ate out for brunch twice (I had the same both times...breakfast bagel with black pudding, bacon, sausage and fried egg yumyumyum!!

I did have chocolate (which I don't normally eat as I don't really have a sweet tooth but there was just so much - hubby loves chocolate and the grandkids had theirs at ours as well)

So now after going buck mad I'm back on it like a car bonnet lol!! After not being to class for a month (and a decent gain I would think) I'm re-joining class this Saturday - my thinking that I can do it on my own strength is clearly not working - I must need the threat of the scales apparently.

Why I wanted to lose weight is I was miserable (at my heaviest I was in the region of 17 stone - I'm tall 5' 9" but that was still way too heavy...I got down to around 15.7 but was still unhappy and I sat myself down and had a wee chat to myself - saying I wish I was richer and thinner - at least there is something I can do about the thinner thing!!

So I've been at SW for a year now and nearly got to my 2 stone award - but I've been fannying about for a while now and dropped out of class about a month ago - I'm planning to rejoin with my old stats to be accountable - and I'll join the challenge and just tell of my losses or gains from then. I'm still in the region of 1.5 stone off so I've not lost too much ground but I'm not losing any more.

Food today:
    B: 2 fried eggs, 3 bacon medallions and 3 roasted plum tomatoes and an orange
    L: chicken, lettuce, beetroot, ham slices, egg, pickled onions, tomato, sprinkle of cheese (HEa)
    D: pork chops, cauliflower, green beans, peas, baby boils

Syns: there's a bit of white wine left over from the weekend so I'll have a glass of that
    Not got a HEb organised - I always struggle with that!!

Oh and I got my nose pierced!! - I've wanted that done since I was around 17 years of age!!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Bit late this morning as had to go to hospital for blood tests this morning; followed by shopping and then back to hospital for DH to see the nurse as his scar's looking at bit inflamed but she said it looks OK with no infection but to go back if it gets worse!

Because of that breakfast was very late so everything else will be too although I'll still need to make sure we eat before 7pm or I won't be able to eat! It's like my stomach doesn't want to let any food in after that, weird, I know but it is what it is.

Welcome Jade to the thread. Of course you're welcome to join. We have people who go to group, do SW online and those who are doing it themselves at home (personally I don't know how they manage to keep on track!)

Saverupper - if you can get it try to but Lighter than Light mayo as it's only 0.5 syns per Tbs. As far as I know the only one you can get is He**manns (but if anyone knows better please let me know!)

GFB - it was our 46th wedding anniversary yesterday but we didn't celebrate (we would normally share a bottle of special wine rather than our normal plonk) although we did share a small bottle of Babych*m which DD1 bought for me as part of my Christmas present. We will be sharing a bottle of wine tonight so I will definitely be a few syns over but as I didn't have many yesterday will be OK over the week.

Today's plan:

B - toasted bacon & mushroom sandwich (HEB + 3 for spread & brown sauce)
    L - LO dahl (which was really nice and will definitely be going on the menu next month - maybe as an evening meal but will then have with rice and perhaps HM onion bjarjies
    D - sweet & sour pork with rice using LO roast from Sunday - 1 syn for cornflour

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - spread 2; brown sauce 1; cornflour 1; wine

Denise
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a good day today,SW-wise,though not sure how worthwhile it is trying to make myself eat mushrooms in an effort to get in more speed.Nearly gagged trying to make myself swallow them with reakfast :eek::eek:.Definitely not a food that sparks joy in me!

I've acquired a taste for mushrooms because of SW so it can be done. I started off not eating them at all, then I started adding them to meals like spaghetti Bolognese and last year I started having them with bacon and eggs. I realised I actually liked them when I ordered a small breakfast in a caf!, it didn't come with mushrooms and I wanted some. :D I still draw the line at Portobello mushrooms and field mushrooms as the flavour is a bit too strong for me, but you never know, I might be eating them by next year.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all - just a quickie, just back from class (where I STS btw) and about to close so having a quick skim through the posts I've missed.

Thanks for the chart Shala.
    shala_moo wrote: »
    SOTW* is.... :T:j:TBEANIE:T:j:T with a loss of 4.5lbs!!

Congratulations!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Whoop whoop! Well done Beanie - shame you had to endure having a tooth out to do it, hope you're all better now.

Welcome to the thread Jade. :wave:

Have a good week everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 April 2017 at 1:08PM
    Options
    Thank you tete for the advice on milk.It is amazing how much you forget when you have been off-plan for 18 months.I spent,literally,45-50 minute last night looking for syn value.There are a couple of facebook pages I belong to for SW,and even for Syns specifically,but all of them talked about milk in terms of how much you could have as a HEA.Or,it was people asking and other people responding with "I think.....".Googling "How many syns in skimmed milk?" didn't really help.Couldn't even really find it in an old SW new members' book until I was so tired,I didn't know whether to trust it or not.Then I asked here.

Lois Lane I will be 50 later this year,and I have never liked mushrooms.Whenever I get them on a fried breakfast (eating out,etc),I swap with OH.At home I only really buy them for OH,though do use them in,say ,stroganoff and serve myself only a few ;).The only time I don't mind them is when they have "dried out" a bit,eg cooked on the top of a pizza (and then not great mouthfuls of the stuff).But the usual texture........:eek:
    However,since starting SW again,I have been tryinng to make an effort.Deliberately had lots (relatively) in the casserole I made last week (added in the last few minutes,so no time to go squidgy :D),and I was pleased with myself for that.Maybe it was a leap too far going from that to just under 1/3 of my plate filled with them.I will persist,though.It is good to know it can be done,thank you Lois :A
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family