Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have been decluttering my wardrobe at a startling rate. There is so much space in my wardrobe! I have decluttered all my old sandals so on Monday I bought some new sandals. Not cheap but they should last a few seasons. I’ve wanted them for years. Today I wore them for the first time and spent the whole day looking down at my freshly pedicured feet and new sandals and I couldn’t stop smiling :)

I packed 4 pieces of fruit and my lunch then left it all in the fridge. Determined not to spend or eat unhealthy food I went the whole day without eating at all…a slight headache but I guess I’ll remember next time. :o

Took a day’s leave to go to the hospital to spend time with one of my nieces who is very ill and in the cardiac ward. It put my own health concerns into perspective and despite her being attached to monitors and tubes we laughed lots.

Tomorrow I work from home so I need to do some cooking as the fridge is bare so the plan is to cook for the fridge.

I also plan to do some cleaning but then I always plan to do some cleaning…

I hope you had a good day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new sandals :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    edited 9 April 2017 at 8:17AM
    Options
    I lost my mobile so I called Tesco to cancel the contract as it was a 12 month contract in 2015. I have a copy of it. I called and it seems I failed security so although they put a block on the phone they would not cancel the contract.

I found it so frustrating. They would not say what I got wrong. They would not put me through to a manager. They said there is nothing I can do. THERE MUST BE.

As I am out of contract can I not just cancel the direct debit and stop paying?

I am going to write to head office with a copy of the original contract but not I am feeling anxious that they will chase me for money :(

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,
    DIA
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    I would think as you are out of contract worst case senario is a months notice so pay for one month?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks beanielou, the problem is they won't accept my notice as they say I failed my security! They did accept it was me enough to put a block on my phone so I don't understand why they wouldn't agree to allow me to close my account and terminate :(

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    I would try phoning again.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    I have just paid for my accommodation for the Oxford gig in the Summer. I am there for several days and if I don’t pay now the accommodation will disappear. I will be left with just £100 to pay for everything until I am paid again at the end of April. :eek:

Cue lots of NSDs. It sounds weird but I am looking forward to them. I have plenty of NSD activities that I should be getting on with.

I have 6 days of travel between now and pay day (£45) so I am left with £55. I have quite a bit of freezer stuff so it is doable. I will YS shop for fruit and veggies. It will have to be doable. I think I’ll take the money out in cash and put in a jar so I can see more clearly what I have. :)

It is a nice day. Off to hang some washing on the line :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd go into a Tesco with a phone section and complain. Loudly.

If you take ID and a copy of the contract they should have no reason not to close it on the spot. Although it's ridiculous that they won't give you another option on security - I have failed questions on plenty of contracts and they just ask something different!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I'd go into a Tesco with a phone section and complain. Loudly.
    If you take ID and a copy of the contract they should have no reason not to close it on the spot. Although it's ridiculous that they won't give you another option on security - I have failed questions on plenty of contracts and they just ask something different!
    Rosa xx
    It is indeed ridiculous Rosa. Thanks, I'll do that.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I woke up hungry with food on my mind because I had my last meal yesterday at 2.30pm. Good quality food is expensive so I can easily overspend in this category if I don’t plan.

Last night I defrosted one of my Christmas buys. One of those boneless bird in a bird things, duck, pheasant, turkey and chicken with a chestnut and brandy stuffing. It was big so I had to cut it in half to pot roast it as I don’t have an oven. The original price was £80 and was YS to £8

I defrosted some Waitr0se chicken gravy YS 38p

With only £45 for food shopping until the end of April this joint will go a long way. I’m thinking lots of salads and cold meat and a few roasted meat and steamed veggie meals with gravy

I need eggs and I will be YS hunting for more fruits and veggies tonight but if I fail it doesn’t matter as I can eat yoghurt for breakfast and I have enough protein, fruits and veggies to last a few days

My health issue makes exercise scary but today I will be going to Kew with my lovely friend to catch up and gently walk in the beautiful gardens :)

Happy Monday folks

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills