Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    we did tip (waitresses, bus driver that we had to the hoover dam, cocktail waitresses) just didnt feel pressured to do so. Some people told us before we went that if we didnt tip enough they would run after you.
    I've heard that's more prevalent in Florida. Never had it happen to us in Las Vegas.
  • chrispy
    chrispy Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Incy

How was the finances on your trip for Nov, I ask as I have a big birthday coming up in Nov this year and would love to do something similar to what you have booked?

Hope you dont mind me asking.
  • ince_mon
    ince_mon Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    i think i got a cracking deal. £1125 each
  • Lee399
    Lee399 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Our wedding on Wednesday was perfect

Congratulations sounds like you had an amazing time. We are going in September to also get married at the Little Vegas Chappel, is that the same one you had your cermony at?

We are currently booked into the Excalibur but keep toying with idea of moving the to Luxor instead, would you recommend it and would you say there was enouhg there to keep my 19yr daughter happy?

Finally how was Penn and Teller. My OH would love to see them so I am keeping my eyes out for tickets going on sale, any tips on seating / getting to the Rio?
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    ince_mon wrote: »
    Just booked for the wife and myself in November. 3 nts in San Francisco,3 Nts in Vegas,then 3Nts in New York. I don't wish to be rude,but without traipsing through pages.............what's the script with the $20 trick?

It has been well discussed on here but goes something like:

when you check in and hand over your passport, slip $20 in the passport and ask if there are any room upgrades. If the receptionist gives you an upgrade job done and they may take the $ bill. If they decline an upgrade just take the money back.

I just usually politely ask if there are any complimentary upgrades which sometimes works. I suppose it depends on how busy the hotel is and maybe what control of ugrades the receptionist has. As an example I booked a great rate at mandalay bay in a quiet week staying last Dec, on arrival I accepted an upgrade to a Delano suite for $15. I am hoping for something similar on our next visit in Dec.;)

Where are you staying on your trip?
  • ince_mon
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    It has been well discussed on here but goes something like:

when you check in and hand over your passport, slip $20 in the passport and ask if there are any room upgrades. If the receptionist gives you an upgrade job done and they may take the $ bill. If they decline an upgrade just take the money back.

I just usually politely ask if there are any complimentary upgrades which sometimes works. I suppose it depends on how busy the hotel is and maybe what control of ugrades the receptionist has. As an example I booked a great rate at mandalay bay in a quiet week staying last Dec, on arrival I accepted an upgrade to a Delano suite for $15. I am hoping for something similar on our next visit in Dec.;

Where are you staying on your trip?

Excalibur.
  • stevie11
    Options
    Excalibur.

The only reason I ask is that hotel prices change often and if you have booked hotels separately you may be able to cancel if better deals come up. If booked as part as a package it is not as easy I suppose. Sounds like you have a busy itinerary planned.
  • ince_mon
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    The only reason I ask is that hotel prices change often and if you have booked hotels separately you may be able to cancel if better deals come up. If booked as part as a package it is not as easy I suppose. Sounds like you have a busy itinerary planned.

We have. 1st time in Vegas. I've no doubt i'll be asking for more info nearer the time.
  • stevie11
    Options
    We have. 1st time in Vegas. I've no doubt i'll be asking for more info nearer the time.
    bet you can't wait for the trip. Lots of good tips and advice on these boards :)
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2017 at 8:01PM
    Options
    Lee399 wrote: »
    Congratulations sounds like you had an amazing time. We are going in September to also get married at the Little Vegas Chappel, is that the same one you had your cermony at?

We are currently booked into the Excalibur but keep toying with idea of moving the to Luxor instead, would you recommend it and would you say there was enouhg there to keep my 19yr daughter happy?

Finally how was Penn and Teller. My OH would love to see them so I am keeping my eyes out for tickets going on sale, any tips on seating / getting to the Rio?

Stayed at the Luxor last year - no complaints at all but you do tend to hit your head looking through the windows due to the 'slope' :rotfl:
    I believe you need to be 21 to gamble or drink in Vegas -,keeping her happy depends on what she is into.
    Penn and Teller were great - very patriotic towards their country- and we got to meet them after the show; at the meet and greet (free:T).
    We got a taxi there and back from the strip - it was not very expensive. We bought the tickets from the ticket outlets on the strip on the day of the show.
    If you get there early there is normally a jazz trio on at the beginning - keep an eye out for the double bass player - you might recognise him ??
    We also saw Carrot Top at the Luxor - he was quite funny perhaps an option for a family night out close to home.

You can use the free train between Excalibur, Luxor and Mandalay bay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure