'My Offers ' has disappeared from My Sky

teddysmum
teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 19 September 2016 at 5:42PM in TV MoneySaving
I thought I'd seen a section on, My Sky, entitled My Offers, but can't find one, now.

Could someone indicate where within the My Sky section any offers appear, please, as I want to keep track, having done the usual cancellation?

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hover over the My Sky header on any Sky page. It will bring up a drop down menu and to the right is My Offers.
  • teddysmum
    edited 15 September 2016 at 5:12PM
    mije1983 wrote: »
    Hover over the My Sky header on any Sky page. It will bring up a drop down menu and to the right is My Offers.

That's what I thought. I have logged into my account, but there is no choice of 'My Offers'. I'm sure there was such an option a few days ago, but I didn't use it (though I got an email offer of 25% off, even before cancelling).

The only option with the word 'offers' is just 'Offers' which leads to the general offers for any existing customer.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm about 10 days from C- day for this year. I had a look for My Offers when logged in, but all that comes up are upgrade offers eg add Cinema,Sky Q etc
    So, come Monday the 26th, it'll be the early morning webchat to give notice for the 4th year running:T
  • teddysmum
    I don't do web chat as it's too drawn out and rarely available but I rang to cancel, last Monday.

I was offered 50% for 10 months, immediately but declined.

He then offered me Original, broadband, line and Anytime talks for £2 more than the full cost of the latter three, asking was it not worth just £2 for tv.

My reply was that , yes, £2 was cheap, but I had no intention of paying full price for phone etc, so would shop around to see what TalkTalk etc were offering and to please put in my cancellation.

As above though, MY Offers does not exist; just the usual ones.

No panic. If I don't get a good phone deal in a couple of weeks, I won't be taking tv and will dust off the Humax box.
  • teddysmum
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I'm about 10 days from C- day for this year. I had a look for My Offers when logged in, but all that comes up are upgrade offers eg add Cinema,Sky Q etc
    So, come Monday the 26th, it'll be the early morning webchat to give notice for the 4th year running:T

You haven't cancelled yet, but I have and the My Offers link is gone, though there is a general set of offers available to any customer. (Ie what you listed).

Is it just my link that's gone or are others experiencing the same ,after giving notice ?
  • jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have cancelled recently and get the following message when i click on "My Offers".

Unable to proceed

Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 08442 411 818.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    jiggy2 wrote: »
    I have cancelled recently and get the following message when i click on "My Offers".

Unable to proceed

Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 08442 411 818.

Mine always says that wn I am in my cancellation period as well. But there were offers on the Sky App, the Sky box, and the home page of the Sky site.
  • teddysmum
    jiggy2 wrote: »

Unable to proceed

That's what I got two years ago, but this time the link has gone.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    As with the last 3/4 posters on here i also cancelled last week and on my account home page there is nothing there about offers for me. If i click offer/upgrade its just telling me i can get multiroom and other deals but no 50- 60% off.
    If i click "left sky within 12 months i get the same as other users ring this number or chat.
    On digitalspy somebody put a link up about 60% off if you cancelled after 25th August and i tried it and if you click it it is meant to do all the discount online i think but i did not try it.
    On mysky through the service app i get 50% off for 12 months on the page after i log on but i doesn't say if it's for the whole 12 months or 10 months half price then 2 months full price as that was all i was offered when i went to cancel last week.
  • jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mije1983 wrote: »
    Mine always says that wn I am in my cancellation period as well. But there were offers on the Sky App, the Sky box, and the home page of the Sky site.

Yes indeed. For me it is currently the following:

The Sky app is: 50% off
    Sky box: 60% off
    Home page of Sky: 60% off (I was looking at "offers", but as you say it is actually on the "Home" link rather than the "My Sky" link)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure