Different mattress sent asking for £49 charge for return

Options
Hi there I really need some help with this case as I am worried to run out if time.
Hi, I bought a mattress from bed.co.uk which I received payment 10 days later (though they promise a next day delivery) the problem is that it is completely different from picture and description. It is also very bad quality, I choose that one as it ihas hand stitch border for support the one they sent me has a few point if sticthpch here and there.
I sent them an email same morning I received ithe mattres, they wrote back to me claiming that it's the right bed even after sending pictures then they called me on my landline offering and exchange but I refused and I asked for collection and full refund they replied that they'll have to charge me £49 for return that's their policy.
Basically they have covered themselves very well with small prints saying that products coulour ]and stitching might not match and also return policy which says to pay £49.
After a few emails with no hope I search on the internet for reviews I was really chocked that the same happened to lots of people.
I feel bullied and my rights breached. I know quite a lot about mattresses and this nothing like description and pictures. This mattres is totally different and awful quality. I need some help please, guide me on what to do, I have paid with my PayPal account on 16/02/2017.

Thank you
Sebyle

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Your best bet would probably be to open a paypal SNAD (significantly not as described dispute).
    In the dispute details, point out the differences between the matress shown in the in the adverts and the one you received and mention that section 11 of the consumer rights act specifically states that any goods supplied must match their description.

If you win this dispute, Paypal should refund you in full and ask the seller to collect the matress.
  • Sebyle
    Sebyle Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your advice. I thought about that but I was told that even if I win the case PayPal will ask me to arrange and pay for the return of the mattress so I will be in the same position or maybe worse. Is that right or not?
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you win your case, it will be up to the seller to arrange collection if they want to get the product back. When you open the case you should be able to upload pictures as well.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It probably is the same mattress that just doesn't meet your expectations. Link us to the product so we can have a look.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What made you choose this company?
  • Sebyle
    Options
    Hi, thank you all for your replies I choose this company because I was looking for a 2000 pocket spring with hand stitch border basically they had the mattress I wanted on sale for a very good price and their was only a few hours for the sale to finish. I bought it without checking their reviews on the net, it looked like a really good deal. I know realised that their website is always in sale with a clock timing.

I tried to attach pictures for you to see but can't beacause I am a new user, how many messages do you need to have to be allowed to send pictures?

Thanks again
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    you could say which mattress it is and then someone else could link to the pic on the website.

I wouldnt be buying a mattress with a caveat in the details of

"Colours and Stitching May Vary"
  • Sebyle
    Options
    Hi it's the pocket 2000 spring mattress with hand stitch border with 71% off.
    I can't even remember reading the colour and stitching May varie... but the mattress I received is a joke! Nothing like the picture I don't care about the colour its just nothing like what I expected.
    I bought it in a hurry as the sale was timed and for me the specification looked good as I know quite a lot about mattresses. I thought I made a deal!
  • Sebyle
    Options
    The mattress I received is not on their website.
  • Sebyle
    Options
    I started asking for return on email, I prefer it this way so that I have written proof. One day they called me on my landline and offered me two options an exchange or £49 fee for return. I refused the exchange as they refused to admit that it's is a different mattress so what's the point and I refused to pay the £49. I made clear that I want them to collect it and I want full refund.
    They never offered me an exchange on email.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure