Walk 1000 miles

Options

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Just popping in with an update. Back from three days walking in Derbyshire, Cromford - Matlock area. I did 24 miles, not as much as I hoped, but a lot of it was up and down quite steep hills, and walking carefully over wet rocks and leaves. This has boosted my total to 985, so I should be done for Christmas.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    Big week for me as I had a delivery route to do so 65.9 miles since Sunday and add the 15 miles that I did last Saturday those deliveries bumped my total by 80 miles to 694.7 :T

I have another week of deliveries starting on Tuesday but not as many this time :o
  • Ilona
    Options
    FINISHED

1000 miles walked in 2016. That's extra miles on top of my everyday walking.

I feel great, definitely worth doing, it has knocked years off me. Certainly don't feel 67, I'm probably about 43 now. :D

Who's up for it in 2017? It's easy, only 2.73 miles a day.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    FINISHED

I feel great, definitely worth doing, it has knocked years off me. Certainly don't feel 67, I'm probably about 43 now. :D

ilona

Well Done :T:T:T

With only 2 weeks left I am going to be short of the target but as I didn't start keeping a record until June, I am well chuffed with the miles that I have done in 6 months :D

I will certainly keep going next year and I will keep up with the 30 miles/week target that I have set myself.
    I also plan to walk the full length of the Fife Coastal Path during a single week in the Spring sometime, I just need to sort out when and get some hotels booked along the route.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    FINISHED

ilona

Well done :)

I will be aiming for over 1000 miles again next year. Although I will only be counting running miles rather than walked ones. (Its easier for me to track the running ones)
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FINISHED

ilona

I'm game for this. I currently average 100km (62 miles) per week, so would hope to complete the challenge within the 1st half of the year.:money:

BTW, my understanding is that this is not a competition against each other, but more like a forum to support each other as we strive for our goals.:A
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    That's a good weekly total Jonbvn:T, I average about 5 miles a day, so I'd like to crack the 2000 miles this year if I can.

I started with a pedometer in 2008 and worn one every day since, it's kept me on the straight and narrow. There's a very informal small group of us that post our daily totals and encourage each other. As we say, it's not about how many steps/distance you do, it's about the improvements you can make and keeping going past January;).

I'll look forward to another thread next year.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Well Done :T:T:T

With only 2 weeks left I am going to be short of the target but as I didn't start keeping a record until June, I am well chuffed with the miles that I have done in 6 months :D

I will certainly keep going next year and I will keep up with the 30 miles/week target that I have set myself.
    I also plan to walk the full length of the Fife Coastal Path during a single week in the Spring sometime, I just need to sort out when and get some hotels booked along the route.

Well done Wiz!:beer:

I think I may have said before, but in case I haven't. There's a few blogs around of people doing various walks, some of them are interesting in a gentle way.
  • Ilona
    Options
    Jonbvn wrote: »
    I'm game for this.

BTW, my understanding is that this is not a competition against each other, but more like a forum to support each other as we strive for our goals.:A

Exactly right Jonbyn. It isn't a race. I go on walkingforum.co.uk and there are all levels on there. Someone has done over 2000 miles. 64 of my blog readers started with me, and some have finished before me. I chose to spread it out over the whole year.

Blogs and forums are there to support each other as you say. You can also register with Country Walking magazine and document your progress there.

The aim is to support each other, do it at your own pace. Everyone is different, as a 67 year old female, I can't compete against a 20 something fit bloke. Sticking with it is important, and not giving up, like so many do when they make a new year resolution. Good luck. Do it.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    That's a good weekly total Jonbvn:T, I average about 5 miles a day, so I'd like to crack the 2000 miles this year if I can.

I started with a pedometer in 2008 and worn one every day since, it's kept me on the straight and narrow. There's a very informal small group of us that post our daily totals and encourage each other. As we say, it's not about how many steps/distance you do, it's about the improvements you can make and keeping going past January;).

I'll look forward to another thread next year.

2k miles/year seems like an achievable target, but still requires effort. Let's do it!
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure