Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you both. Waves have not developed further [STRIKE]Yet[/STRIKE]. DS2 is off school poorly today though having woken up absolutely full of cold, coughing and spluttering.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry to hear the return of these waves of fear. I hope the blood test gets sorted soon and that nothing develops. Oh and you don't catch the cold either! xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks sparky Xx DS2 stopped snotting late morning and seemed fine again, but early afternoon started complaining about his ear. It got worse until he begged me to take him to the walk in centre :(. Nurse Practitioner confirmed both ears are very red and angry, but said new rules mean that they can't give antibiotics until day 3. Treating today as day 2 (as he had a runny nose yesterday), means that if it's still sore tomorrow we have to go back for the antib's. He is surviving on children's' pain killers for now.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I remember the days of frequent ear infections only too well. DS and DD were forever at the doctors with them. Good thing is they grow out of it. Hope he feels better soon.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Cheers SA, my little man also seems to get more than his fair share! He was off school again today but not as bad as yesterday, so I didn't take him back to the walk-in and hopefully he will be back at school tomorrow.

Parents Eve tonight for DS1 which was great and all good news :T. It meant we had to miss chub club, but that wouldn't have been quite so positive anyway so I'm happy to wait til next week :o.

On the money front things feel a bit better today in that we actually have some :rotfl:. Only owe £90 to Bc@rd as of today and I'm so tempted to pay it off so it's gone, but then that will leave us short again. Will try to resist but it's spurred me on again to try and make it happen sooner rather than later Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Only 90 quid to BC is great :j
    Once that is done it that you down to one debt?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • AspiringButAnxious
    Options
    Aw, poor kid! I got loads of ear infections as a kid — I remember lying awake in agony on my parents' bedroom floor with the extension lead digging into my back... Warm compresses helped a bit. Was a hot flannel in my day, but wheat bags nowadays. Someone once told me that lavender essential oil helped too, but I'm not so sure — worth a try if you've got any though. Hope he gets better very soon.
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    2 Beanie - £400 owed to my sister and the rest on another CC Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    2 Beanie - £400 owed to my sister and the rest on another CC Xx

Excellent :T:j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Aw, poor kid! I got loads of ear infections as a kid — I remember lying awake in agony on my parents' bedroom floor with the extension lead digging into my back... Warm compresses helped a bit. Was a hot flannel in my day, but wheat bags nowadays. Someone once told me that lavender essential oil helped too, but I'm not so sure — worth a try if you've got any though. Hope he gets better very soon.

Sorry ABA, we cross posted. Thanks for the advice. He insisted on wearing a wooly hat and his coat on with the hood up (whilst inside!) yesterday. Poor kid probably could have done with a wheat bag, I never even thought of it. Bad Mummy :( Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport