PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th September 2017

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bossy, tell the littllemoos if they don't behave the flyladies will be round to sort them out, and it will be bread and jam all round for some thing to eat :)

Dinner is in oven cooking.

Ironing doen and away, 2 empty baskets! but one of them some how has a hole in it at the side
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Hugs to all

Dailies done
    Spanish lessons done
    Tesco order received and put away
    Dinner on the go

Monday Mayhem - Living Room and Hall
    Vacuum through the living room and hall
    Put all your hotspots in one pile and work your way through it..
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself

Tuesday Trauma - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Mop floors
    Clean the fridge

Back laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Interesting discussion about flymeets. I just talk too much drivel and frighten people off I'm sureLW.

No you don't :D You are great fun. I'd love to meet up again.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Started day with zumba.
    Did search to check comparison prices on house insurance, decided to stick with same one but rang them to update a couple of details. Yawn. 2 phone calls being entertained by a range of their 'on hold' music (thankfully not Greensleeves) to find out that, as Mr N is now retired so the house can be deemed to be occupied full time i.e. not left vulnerable to intruders, our premium has reduced............£8. What on earth shall I spend it on? Not forgetting the £2.30 cashback for doing the search.

Rang private student's dad, got questions answered and paperwork ready for assessment on Friday.

Did another major sorting of gibble in the RoD i.e. my office. Got Mr N to drag out printer desk, last known location of a furry thing, and vacuumed underneath. No sign of furry things. However lots more paperwork and magazines in the recycling box yippee.

On a very sober note, friend with suspected meningitis has not got it. It is an evil tumour in her brain. Devastated. I spoke to her sobbing husband and they are doing another scan to see if it is a secondary, which they suspect. Mr N and I are beyond shocked, this is a couple who have been together 3 months longer than us (39yrs); when I met Mr N he shared a house with the husband and has known him since a teenager. Their daughter is planning her wedding next year. Lots of prayers going on here. And I've got my BIL's funeral in 3 weeks time.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Options
    Funny you should say that Bossy.. DD1 and I were discussing why children are A$$holes just this morning.. we realise it is the parents job to turn these wild beasts into respectable humans but really.. aaarrggghh. Bedtime couldnt come soon enough.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    Options
    Narco.. thats awful.. so sad for everyone concerned :(
  • pigpen
    Options
    ooh.. and it's my nannas 89th birthday today.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I haven't met Daisy, and only have the bare bones of any information about her (R will fill me in on her daily routine) so it's going to be interesting. I do know she's 13 years old, so won't be wanting 15-mile walkies, so that's something! :o
    Well, it turns out I already know Daisy! She was a client of the previous dog-sitting company I was with, and she stayed with me at Xmas 2012, and twice in 2014. Small world, eh? :D
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Ok, so who put the empty lightbulb box back in the cupboard :mad:
    Oh lordy, my mother used to regularly put empty food packets back in the cupboard. I never understood why. Also she didn't keep an ongoing shopping list, she used to write her shopping list religiously every Wednesday evening, checking what she needed by opening the cupboards and looking..... You see where this is going, right? :D Yeah, right - half the time we never had anything in the cupboards to make a meal out of. But that was sort of ok, because she was the sort of cook who could burn water. :rotfl:

Little Moos - please stop upsetting your Mum, right now! :cool:

Went to 0ffice 0utlet (used to be $taples) to see igf they'd had new stock of basic printers in yet; asked to speak to the man we spoke with last week, and he hid from us! It was really weird, we know he was in; the till staff called for him twice, and after waiting a quarter of an hour, we decided enough was enough.
    Went online to Argoose; got a basic HP printer for very little money, was able to use some shopping vouchers I'd got, so only paid 99p in actual cash, and it's now all set up and running - and 0ffice 0utlet haven't just lost a sale, I'll think twice about bothering to go there again for anything! So there!! :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Narco such sad news.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh narc0 that's so sad :( xx

Well the little a$$holes (:D) excelled themselves. So I calmly said "I'm off to bed, you can please yourselves " at which point they switched the wii on :eek: I said "you might want to pack your pe bag and make some sandwiches, and find an alarm clock so you get up in the morning " and went to bed.

Within minutes the console was off, ds was in bed and dd was tapping on my door saying sorry for being horrid!

They've both had their teeth brushed (no supper!) and dispatched to bed with a flea in their ear about nicer manners being used for mum as well as the rest of the world. Lol.

I'm still shattered though so I'm staying in bed, where it's warm...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family