PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th September 2017

Options

Comments

• Narc0lepsy
    Options
    Big hugs for Natty and others coping with health difficulties.
    I'm back from a very productive garden hacking/trellis painting/tip visiting trip to my mum, plus took her out for a birthday meal. Then went on to BIL and did similar uncovering 2 sheds which were pretty much piles of ivy with 2 doors showing. Both full of carp, took 3 broken lawnmowers to tip (total 4 tip trips). Hellish journey home with loads of traffic and diverted through London so a 2hr journey took over 6hrs.

Today has consisted of:
    - unpacking and washing clothes
    - catching up on emails and dealing with urgent/work related ones
    - ditto phone calls
    - ditto snail mail
    - paid various bills
    - core and clubbercise classes for me while Mr N took MIL to Mr T (think I had the best deal).
    - hours spent persuading my printer to talk to the computer. Why do they fall out?
    - Mr N gathered a million apples and has been peeling, chopping and freezing them.

Worryingly just took a call from a friend whose wife has gone into hospital suddenly with what could possibly be viral meningitis.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    Forgot to say, and met the lovely Rosie.
    Better is good enough.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Forgot to say, and met the lovely Rosie.

Sorry HoneyBear as you see, I am back from Bournemouth. Will be going again 2nd week in Oct but as it is for a BIL's funeral it may be a bit lacking in free time.

Interesting discussion about flymeets. I just talk too much drivel and frighten people off I'm sure, although I mean well - just over-excited. But would be very gentle and quite with you LW.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Big, squishy hugs Natty and a bucket of coping vibes.

Sorry about the boiler Valli

Lovely pictures Mrs MP - soo pleased to see you all had a lovely day
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening lovelies. Well I can vouch for catrastropic news making you want to clean etc.. I've been going at the house like a whirlwind..lol

I've hoovered the house, done 2 hours of ironing.. And generally made the house look lovely and shiny, as well countless loads of washing and drying. I am actually scrabbling around in the laundry baskets now but the only down side is there is a mountain load of ironing..lol

Tomorrow the cleaner is coming, although she'll have very little to do so should be a minimal payment ...lol

Tomorrow I intend to peel and stew the Bramley apples, that a friend gave me from her tree, and freeze them as well as make a couple of crumbles.

I've got more washing to do - mainly the doggy fleeces so that they can go with him next week while we are on holiday. I might even wash the nets - go all out crazy...lol

Hugs and spoons to everyone.. xxx
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the boiler, Valli :(
    What a horrid journey, Narc0.
    More (((hugs))) for Natty.

Had a great Flymeet with Honey Bear and MrHB - and yes, Flying did get a mention! Rosie had a walk along the canal on our way back and was fascinated by the ducks and moorhens. Thank you for the preserved sunshine :D

Our landlord called round this evening with logs and kindling for the fire. More importantly, he has shown us the hidden switch for the heated towel rail, so we won't have to try to dry ourselves on damp towels tomorrow :) (and hopefully I shall get first shower so that DH doesn't use the whole tankfull of hot water again :mad:)
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Up and ready to be at it. Well after another cup of coffee I think. DH seemed possessed with getting up as soon as the alarm went which seemed a bit unnecessary to me, but I let him get on with it and had another 10 minutes.

I have to take the car into the garage for a while-you-wait appointment first thing, so that will be an hour with (another!) coffee and a magazine. Then back home and the lists will be tackled. For some reason that came out as the 'lusts' will be tackled - ooh err...

I have lots of milk so an going to stick a rice pudding on the slow cooker for tonight as it feels like rice pudding weather. DH told me on his way out that a bulb has blown in the kitchen, so I guess he is wanting me to do something about it....

So glad that you had a lovely flymeet Iona and HB. And Rosie of course!
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning ladies :wave:

I have running water and a working washing machine :j Today I will be concentrating on getting the mountains of laundry sorted.

I do have a hair consultation after lunch as I'm thinking of moving hairdressers, having a new cut and letting my grey come through rather than keep dyeing it at horrendous cost (£s). Embrace the glitter....and breathe....

DH is being super cuddly ATM, so I think he can tell I'm not feeling very special. Maybe he's not so bad lol.

Hugs to all. Catch up later x
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    And I'm back . . . again :o

Great to see alot of old "faces". Things are actually going ok for me at the moment. I'm in a semi good place life wise so now need to tackle the house again.
    I'll be working half off list as I have certain things I want to get done. I'm going to get DD2 to help me (she's currently not working) so she won't be too happy especially as she got in at goodness knows what time last night.
    I'm just waiting for DD1 to leave for work then I tackling the bathroom (yes I know it'll come up later in the week but its bugging me now)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning All

Just waiting for my omelette to cool so thought I'd log on and say hi. DH only working until lunchtime today so we may pop out somewhere this afternoon. Need to be careful with the pennies though - finally bought a much needed rug for our living room yesterday which I know will make me go :) when it arrives but right now I am just :eek: at the cost! It is gorgeous though and will really finish the room off.

No laundry to do, may mop the floors if I get chance. More work admin to do for DH as ever.

Have great days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport