edited 8 March 2018 at 2:07AM
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Well they might appeal to some then :D Its these
    image.png
    Edit think there are 2 flavours
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Nibbles for TM guests.

Di glad to see you are doing better and are home, with your wine stash. What lovely people the elite are doing that for you x xxx

Just a note to say *not* to try these vs M as the instore price is £1.65 not £1. There are a few differences between online and instore prices on crisps more generally, just to try to confuse you. The McCoys ridge cut 6 pack crisps are showing £1 online but they are not - or at least not instore and APG uses instore M SELs - at least the one I scanned on Monday was £1.50 and I continue to have SELs of £1.50 across them all in all my M stores. Meanwhile, online shows packs such as French Fries, Quavers, Wotsits and Pickled Onion Monster Munch at full price - however I have £1 showing across all of them in every M. Therefore, I expect McCoys not to work but these packs should do so, although they are only £1.45:( individual price in A so not that good. Be aware that, with French Fries Variety pack, I have the SELs in M showing a different weight to that that a.com works out at - therefore this might be an N/A - I do not have this issue on the Ready Salted pack.

Also, the Mug Shot on the Go Chicken & Sweetcorn pot - the SELs in M say Chicken rather than Chicken & Sweetcorn even though the pots are Chicken & Sweetcorn. This item might also be a risk.

Meanwhile I am the harbinger of no good news from M - other items that appear to have increased in price are the "Savers" squash drinks. They were 33p for quite some time - I think at one stage Apple & Blackcurrant was slightly low but eventually joined the other two - however I have seen the SELs change to 42p in M and therefore crossed the items out, but left them on the list with the intention that people can see the price increase on them. Unfortunately I have no comparable items from A to beat any price increase on them. I now have the SELs saying 48p in M, so it seems they have increased in price a second time. No good:(.

Also the Whiskas cat foods - 12x100g - are still showing £3 online. However, with all my Ms showing £3.67 across them, I have picked one at random and it has scanned at £3.67, so I take it that all of them are now that price, at least instore. The offer seems to have moved to some 12x85g packs, but obviously not very good as we are "missing" 15g twelve times.

On the men's razors though, some of them are still on offer price - not as many of them have increased in price as I first thought; however the Hydro 3 Razor has gone from showing me £3 last Wednesday to being £3.50 (and showing me £3.50 on a yellow label in one store just so you might not notice the change) - that may risk even worse on the APG from this time as I have had stores showing me full prices now, hence why I thought more had gone up, but there are three (that I am tracking any rate) still on offer price although another two have gone to full price. The list will get updated with the info. hopefully fairly soon as there are fewer changes to make this time.

I still have the More points offers showing in one store on the mini pizzas, although I have not had other stores showing me those, and on the Family Garlic packs and the 750g pack of Ginger. I don't think they are on More points though - online no longer shows them (despite my divergence from online I am having on other items) on the pizzas and the Garlic and I am missing Ginger - the label is dated the same date on Ginger as for Garlic so I am having to take it that the points offers ran together and they are no longer on as per online. I needed another store similar to the one which is the only one where I have the Ginger and Garlic. I visited such a store - unfortunately it did not have either of the products so I am left with the one still showing the More points although I don't think they are on anymore. I did get other things of use from the store although I am still unable to find any stock of Bird's Eye 42 Chicken Dippers. I am left with two stores of a maddening £1 RTC SEL and empty shelves and no trace in my four other different places (across Monday and Wednesday). My stores had already switched to full price SELs on the RTC cakes and celebration cakes last time - however, with them no longer showing or showing OOS online, rather than appearing at full price, I took it that they were still on RTC. I think that is right and the RTCs are continuing whilst stocks anywhere still last - I had a SEL over £11 for the Pusheen Cake but tried it at the scan and it came back at £5.75.

I have a range of items showing me offer price in one place but I don't think they are. I also have some offer prices from my new store and I think they are correct. I have been having the Wawel bars more often showing me 37p last time even though they were 25p. I have seen no change to the 37p SELs this time - however I have scanned one and it is now 37p. Therefore that product has gone up in price - and the other versions are showing online at 37p now as well. The lack of change to instore SELs therefore indicates a price change and they have gone up - we'll get to the correct prices at the end:rotfl:.

I have not been able to visit Wrexham this time. It was not a question of time -
    I could have done so, but only had a few outstanding items and decided to cut mileage and costs down. I assume the 50p offers on the 1.5Kg bags of Maris Piper Potatoes (even assuming they still have stock of them left) and M's Welsh Trimmed Leeks, that were St. David's Day offers, are no longer on? I will be removing the 1Kg Onions that I only put onto the list last time as I now have all my stores saying 68p. I imagine there has been no change in price on the Welsh Pantry pies and pasties and they have not now gone lower than the £1 prices I have on the list?

One piece of good news though - I have Savers Cheese & Bacon Quiche (400g) going to £1. Online is clearly not updated yet as it still says £1.07. The SP Cheese & Bacon Quiche is nicely £1.20, 4% above average, at the moment. Leave it until the weekend to try for the new M price.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 March 2018 at 2:31AM
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Friex ok at 3 . Thanks OP

A vs M

1x Heinz Tomato Ketchup (460g) £1.75 £1.50
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.12 £0.12
    1x ASDA Fat Free Quark (250g) £0.75 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Extra Tasty Medium Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg) £5.00 £3.75
    1x Pepsi Max Cans (8x330) £3.00 £3.00
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Cherries & Berries Squash (1.5l) £1.00 £1.24 :mad:
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lemon (each) £0.30 £0.30
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) £1.09 £1.10
    3x Freixenet Prosecco D.O.C. (75cl) £35.94 £27.00
    1x Ribena No Added Sugar Winter Spice (850ml) £2.46 £2.48

I think wrong number bought - is M's version not 2 for £2 in M?

I think it's sometimes with rushing out and not being able to take time to compile a shopping list properly. I did this yesterday evening - hadn't got time to check every item I was buying so just had to go and do the shop. I got SP Lemonade now comparing, for all of 1.7p, but lost 2.7p by buying SP Toilet Cleaner which has vanished from a.com:mad:. I did need toilet cleaner though - to be fair, since I was paying with APGs, I would have bought from A anyway as still same price as M but not getting any better as it does not appear. Fortunately I had enough other items. The Walkers Tomato Ketchup is still a trigger - indeed it appears to have completely gone from a.com now - but I bought Walkers Baked Variety crisps (along with a Kettle Bites) only then to think whether M has Variety
    pack as I couldn't remember. I checked my list however (after my shop was done:wall:) and saw they did and it did compare as it should. My A trying to tease me by losing the mbuy on the SELs for the crisps I was buying - however it was still showing online so I did right to buy them with the Walkers Ketchup. The version of the Chomp that wasn't on the mbuy in A several months ago appears to have changed in individual price and it is now on the mbuy.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 8 March 2018 at 2:51AM
    Options
    sirbaksiu wrote: »
    I don't think many of us is partaking in wine glitch as Scottish supermarkets do not have 3f2 on alcohol :(

Sorry about this; thanks for reminding me. Will have to travel south of the border.

It should have clicked that, every time there is an mbuy on alcohol, it is not available in Scotland. I do think these things automatically most of the time but, perhaps fortunately for my human side, I am not as automatic as their computers. I bought 15 10p sweets - yes they really do need that many! - hoping to compare against T's 5 for... offer recently, except that 12 of them were Maoam Stripes - something strange happened when I checked the receipt - I even managed to make a flump pick up T at 11p:eek: and the T mbuy did not fully appear - of course I clean forgot that only maximum of 10 the same item appear:o:rotfl:. Normally, I automatically think "maximum 10 the same" but, on this occasion, in my eagerness to grab 15 sweets, I forgot! So, "even I" make mistakes. Fortunately they are low value items so it wasn't drastic losing the full comparison.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 8 March 2018 at 3:07AM
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    This compares in a A vs M shop too . So good for a filler and cb

I will eventually catch up with these sorts of things:rotfl:.
    Obviously one I have not got but I will need to make a note to add to the list.

EDIT: Looks like it may have been the final day. I was going to say it might appear on the list if I ever get there before the offer ends! I will look into it and, if the CB offer is not there anymore, I won't bother with it but if it is still on it will get to the list (if I get to putting it on there before the offer ends:rotfl::rotfl::o).
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 8 March 2018 at 3:02AM
    Options
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Evening,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the comparison for pork shoulder on APG please? Need to buy one and tempted to bung it in with wine but scared it might wipe out my APG!! Thank you

Aww, might have been okay. They were picking up £2.50/Kg price for M when one of my wombles turned up good a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the stock I am seeing in M on Wednesday 7th is full price so that will probably be picked up very soon. (I can't guarantee they were £2.50/Kg in M on Monday - I didn't note the item down and I can't remember what price it was as it is not a price I am tracking. Probably was £2.50/Kg if I have only noticed it going to £3.77/Kg now or whatever it now is.)
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    BIG_MOC wrote: »
    Im glad you are feeling better. How is your fair friend that we are not allowed to mention? I have been bobbing in and out of the exile thread but it's been a while since she posted. Hopefully she's still running and it's work keeping her busy ;)

She is working very hard big Moc. She is so passionate about what she does and she does it well. I don't know how she does it and life in General is keeping her very busy she's just adopted an elderly neighbours chicken:rotfl:
    I shall tell her you were asking x
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 8 March 2018 at 3:32AM
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    :( It was working, but stopped working yesterday.
    Must have been skipping, naughty naughty!

Thanks for this - I will make a note about this too. So, Wolf Blass Shiraz not working but Martini Asti and Freixenet now working. As of Monday's price collection. Could be all change again, we never know. I did have an OOS situation in my main M on one of the Wolf Blass wines yesterday but SELs still there so thought they might not be affected (in any event, the price collectors almost certainly seeing what is or isn't in different stores to me). As I had a SEL, albeit no stock, and the price across both (one of them was in stock for me) was clearly no change 2 for £10, and there was never any suggestion that that could be wrong, I didn't bother looking in another store for stock. However this could be a reason why - gone OOS by Monday in price collection places even if M doubtless still has it somewhere - the boogers buying the wine in M:(.

Or - gone OOS over the weekend in a collection store and SEL taken away entirely so it was not there on Monday. Could then be no "up to 7 days" as they now have no trace from that store? And, it seems, no trace anywhere else (any of their other collection stores) on Monday - items can just vanish entirely from stores. (Not even a SEL, so they can take a price - and for up to 7 days if there is no stock there.) They can also come back sometimes, almost as quickly as they vanished - and can initially be at full price SELs. Or sometimes the stock-outs are not - the store could have moved all the stock to a promotional end or some place in the store but left a SEL with empty shelf on the main aisle - so the price collector thinks they have no stock. I sometimes move stock found elsewhere back to the main shelf with the price label on it (and take the OOS label that covers it and drop it down the back of the shelf), just in case:rotfl:. I bet what happens though is that people then buy the items I've moved and the shelf is then empty again - with the stock still elsewhere in the store.
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not quite the same as I've only got contents (house is rented) - £46 through endsleigh and cashback through TCB was £35, leaving me with £11 to pay for £20K cover :beer:
    less than some people pay for coughees in a weekend, Well done :beer:
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 8 March 2018 at 7:40AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I still have not managed to do a wine shop. Must try harder today. :)

Updated list below. Any changes or updates needed, let me know.

wine asda Other suppermarket £ Each after apg Supermarket APG for 3

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough £9.48 £7.00 £3.14 Morrisons £9.54

Freixenet Prosecco (750ml) £11.98 £9.00 £4.11 Waitrose /Morrison £11.64

Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon (75cl) £6.48 £5.00 £2.34 Morrisons (2 for £10 deal) £5.94

Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) £6.48 £5.00 £2.34 Morrisons (2 for £10 deal) £5.94

Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough £8.98 £8.00 £4.21 sainsburys £5.34

Monopole blue top champagne £27.00 £20.00 £9.00 sainsburys £27.00

Martini Asti Spumante £8.98 £6.00 £2.41 morrisons £10.74

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne £35.00 £27.00 £12.63 waitrose £32.10
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning.
    Thanks Elaine for the updated list, not that I'll be getting any but its very kind of you.
    Wow there's loads of snow here this morning the garden looks beautiful. I've convinced dh to stay home again today so heating on, feet up and........relax
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure