Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    OK, have sent for a Vodafone sim. It might just be the only way to get this sorted. I would guess that texting to the number, putting the sim in and receiving the text once a day would qualify as using the sim for 30 days?

In the meantime if TalkMobile come back with a solution I will be delighted.

I normally unlock phones as soon as I get them, no idea why I didn't do it this time!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,974 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you. I am waiting to hear from TalkMobile maybe they will go to Vodafone? If that doesn't work then Ebay it is!

Just one other note - I do not want to swap to Vodafone then back to Talk Mobile. I have a golden number, it is one I do not want to lose. I have my suspicions that numbers like mine might accidentally disappear in the process of switching providers, especially twice in a row. I suppose if I had to I could pop the Vodafone sim in, send a text to it, then pop my TalkMobile sim in once a day, but surely this could damage the sim?

In theory you can port numbers across and back, just by obtaining the PAC codes, though that does seem a hassle.

Not sure why you would need to do anything more than activate the SIM wait 30 days then apply for the unlocking, then possibly put the vodafone SIM in the phone to unlock it.

If you did damage the SIM then TalkMobile should be able to send you a replacement SIM for the same number.

What are you trying to achieve? If you want to remain with TalkMobile with the same SIM then why are you keen to unlock?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Morning all - it went very cold yesterday afternoon bu no snow - it seems to be along the west coast so far, Liverpool direction had a blizzard this morning.

There is a possibility that I might be in the direction of Sada this morning. I've looked at the lists and the Villa price seems to be as it was on Sunday?
    So still a S versus M shop?
    Dithering because I've only seen one persons list with it on.

What happens if I can only get 2 or 4? Can I top it up with other Morrisons capatables .... ???

Possibly Brancott???

You are now confusing me. I was just hoping to just stick with the list :rotfl:
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    In theory you can port numbers across and back, just by obtaining the PAC codes, though that does seem a hassle.

Not sure why you would need to do anything more than activate the SIM wait 30 days then apply for the unlocking, then possibly put the vodafone SIM in the phone to unlock it.

If you did damage the SIM then TalkMobile should be able to send you a replacement SIM for the same number.

What are you trying to achieve? If you want to remain with TalkMobile with the same SIM then why are you keen to unlock?

I want to put the 02 priority app on (which I have sideloaded before but really don't want to worry about doing that again because it has fallen over twice and I have had to mess around reloading it) and the wuntu app (if I can get it to work).

Also want to be able to use a sim provided by someone else for when we are at exhibitions etc. This would make it a lot simpler. Ironically enough, it is an 02 sim!

Maybe I have those two things in the wrong order :o
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • lesliejack
    lesliejack Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    [/B
    snow NOOOOOOOOOO!!
    had enough now
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    essex girl in exile
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    You are now confusing me. I was just hoping to just stick with the list :rotfl:

I am also confused.

I was hoping to stick with someones list but I've only seen 2 lists with Marie on - one of those was mine so for safety I might just do a similar one as the fillers were easy ones.

What I am worried about though is the lack of stock. Where I might be going is near a city - it feels like I am going to be treading on someone else's territory and I am taking over someone else's patch :rotfl: I am certain there are a lot of lurkers who use this store who will by now have wine warehouses.

So I was going with the worst case scenario that there will be some Marie but possibly not 6 - I know it ideally has to be in sets of 2 (or was that the rule at the weekend? )

I don't think anyone has tried 6 Brancott yet (????? ) so that is my plan B if there is no Marie at all ...

Mind you this is all dependant on OH finishing work early. He has reports to write and I said he might as well do them at home. Mind you its snowing again so that might also ruin this mornings plans ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Soo_Hal
    Soo_Hal Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Hi curlgurl did you get your answers r.e smart meters ? I work for a utility company so if I can help feel free to give me a shout but the gist of smarts your current meters are exchanged for the smart ones and you given a little device for inside the home I think ours are about the size of an iPhone 4 lol , you can plug it in to charge up as they have rechargeable batteries, when smart meters are first installed any usage is high because it’s not used to any usage at all if that makes sense the top & bottom of smart meters is they send the reads to your supplier without the need of you interacting with the meter, but if your mobile signal depending on where you live isn’t good then your meters may remain dumb you will still need to give the reads HTH
  • chandlerscroft
    chandlerscroft Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Shop done this morning v's Morries

6x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) £56.88 £42.00 still compares to £7 at morries sadly not the £6 yet

£19.39 APG so still below the £20 supervisor override
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mhoc
    6 Brancott was the very first to be reported!
    If you're venturing A on the hill as you call it, the wine has hardly been touched!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • emiai
    emiai Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Not sure if it just my local Toscas but they have lots of RTC SEL in the freezer sections. I was especially pleased with the salted caramel cheesecake from £2 > 50p so I bought two.. :j

Lots of veg and meat all marked down to clear.
    Wishing you all good luck!
    Oldstyle moneysaving addict
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family