Which Tattoo studio is best in scotland?

Options

Comments

• jm2926
    jm2926 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Options
    My DH went to Kaya on Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow (bottom of Byres Rd then turn left for 50 yrds). They were excellent, he wanted a cover up of a previous tattoo and this was all discussed. Books are available to choose from, but they were very keen he search all sources to find exactly the design he wanted. Hygene was meticulus, needles etc are opened in front of you so no doubts, work was excellent and looks fab a year on.

The most important thing is to find someone who shares your style, there's no point if the artist really likes japanese mechanical and you want a fluffy bunny! Find someone who is passionate about the design you want, and can show you previous work etc. It's for life so go round and talk to them - at least you'll have a hobby for weeks/months until you choose! (very money saving!).

DH is researching the next tattoo and wouldn't go anywhere else.
  • Miss_Liquorice
    Options
    jm2926 wrote: »
    My DH went to Kaya on Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow (bottom of Byres Rd then turn left for 50 yrds). They were excellent, he wanted a cover up of a previous tattoo and this was all discussed. Books are available to choose from, but they were very keen he search all sources to find exactly the design he wanted. Hygene was meticulus, needles etc are opened in front of you so no doubts, work was excellent and looks fab a year on.

The most important thing is to find someone who shares your style, there's no point if the artist really likes japanese mechanical and you want a fluffy bunny! Find someone who is passionate about the design you want, and can show you previous work etc. It's for life so go round and talk to them - at least you'll have a hobby for weeks/months until you choose! (very money saving!).

DH is researching the next tattoo and wouldn't go anywhere else.

After speaking to fizzle and checking them out, I am definitely going to be using Kaya, but it's great to hear even more glowing praise for them! Do you know which artist tattooed you OH?
  • ecosse306
    Options
    True Colors in Nairn did mine - John is very good - highly recommended!
  • elainew
    elainew Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    I got mine done by Dave at southside ink at Battlefield 9 years ago. It still looks good
    TRYING hard to be a good money saver :rolleyes:
  • jm2926
    jm2926 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Options
    After speaking to fizzle and checking them out, I am definitely going to be using Kaya, but it's great to hear even more glowing praise for them! Do you know which artist tattooed you OH?

He says it was Mat/Matthew. Good luck, get us piccies after. (I'm trying to find the cable for my camera to post a picture of hubbies tattoo)
  • ecosse306
    ecosse306 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of a mobile tattooist called TA2U based in Strathpeffer?
  • CrustyMcMuffin
    Options
    Richard's by the quay side in Aberdeen is very good from a tattoo point of view, but he's a miserable !!!!!! and the other guy who works there is even worse. I've had a couple done, one from each guy and as I say the quality is good but not a relaxing atmosphere.

Draconian on George street is very good as well, good banter and good quality.

I got my last one done by Rob Vroomen at Tribe in Edinburgh. Best tattoo to date, he custom designed it and it looks fantastic. As soon as I have cash I'm going back there to get him to do some more work.
  • Mrs.Metallica
    Options
    ok so a little of the track but i have good report for ''skin scribe'' in falkirk done by a guy called johnny silver, very good guy.. good banter.. makes u relaxed.. gives u a lollie and a badge if your good lol gr8 colourfull designs and very good at what he does.

also highly recommend ''flashpoint'' at the bottom end of the falkirk high street, most popular in the town custom designs are awsome!, there's also ''heaven n hell/pierced thot''.. theyre new but seem to be good.

o and we have the falkirk wheel here so extra sightseeing advantage :P hehe
    :exclamati:female:choose life, choose to save money, choose to search higher and lower, choose martin lewis and rock the F**k on!! \\mm// :female::exclamati
  • shellnapier
    Options
    my partner has loads n has most of them done apart from one .... done in retro rebels in aberdeen on gergoe street...the other 1 he had done in INK in our home town macduff.. its good too
    "Lifes a climb - but the view up in fantastic"
    Gina Shoe Challange - £150 14 days - day1 £3.01
  • mojomcl
    mojomcl Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    The guy in Elgin is, imho, average. He's got a bit of an attitude, and I think he's overpriced.
    The guy in Buckie is very nice, and charges a flat hourly rate, no matter how many colours/size/details are needed. I've seen some AMAZING work by him....but he has badly f****d up one of mine, by, basically, not paying attention to a small but incredibly important part of my design. His mistake is so major I will NOT be using or recommending him again, despite having had three previous tattoos from him.

By far and away the best artist I've used, both for professionalism, customer service, pricing, skill, and 102% perfect end result, was a guy called Dan who had a studio above Happit in Elgin, but is no longer there. I still see him about town, and WISH I'd asked him to do the one the boy in Buckie ruined.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure