Options

Comments

• abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 February 2013 at 6:40PM
    Options
    Great to hear how everyone is doing!!!

Well done Ninno on you achievements so far - and for losing weight! Awesome job!

L2B... Hugs. Am seriously impressed with how much you have cleared to date... and you're over half way - so you're on the downward slope home now! Hang in there. Overtime is a drag but as NSK said... it will be worth it when that debt free day comes all the sooner... On that day we will look back and think - I'm so pleased I did it - because I wouldn't be standing here now - breathing in the air of financial freedom, had I not gone that extra mile! Hold on to that ok!

Thrifty - you're putting me to shame with your exercising and stuff. I hurt my toe a fortnight ago tripping up the stairs and have used that as an excuse not to get back to the gym even though I could walk on it after a few days! Bad man!!! That said I have lost weight as doing a new eating plan! Yay!!!

All this talk of mascara, hair layering and chin plucking and ball gowns makes me glad to be a guy!!! Ha Ha!!! You girls aint got it easy have you???!!! I've only ever worn eye liner when I went to a goth night, my hair is usually cropped, I have stubble and well, though a new wardrobe would be nice - it wouldn't feature a ball gown lol. Am trying to rack my brain for something us guys buy that you lot don't and I'm coming up blank!!! That said - you get to be able to look amazing and transform your looks and be social butterflies!!! Guys get to wear jeans/trousers and a top - end of! Cheap but boring!!! David Beckham and a whole suit of celebrities since have made wearing ear studs 'ok' and even trendy and I guess we can get tattoos... but well... being a guy is kind of dull sometimes lol.

Well am sat here with a wicked craving for a take away. Am clinging on to my remaining 10p for the month... I confess I did use my allotted spend budget on some food... but overall am still within my budget.

Today = SFD number 15

Hmmm. Will have chilli and rice... that sounds yum too - just need to cook. The new food plan does allow for naughty food though as long as I have 2 low calorie days... Knowing I can be bad does make it harder though. I just have to tell myself if I do behave and not eat rubbish I'll get buff even quicker ha ha!

With that in mind am off to cook before the craving for badness returns!!! Hugs everyone!!!

:D

PS. Can't wait to see you in said gown Kat - you're gonna look amazing!!! I so need a night out! Let us know how you get on!!!
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    I DID NOT MENTION CHIN PLUCKING!! Cheeky Chops!! :)
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Ha Ha!!! Somebody did!!! Anyhow - the whole beauty regime sounds like a costly and time consuming affair! I clipper my stubble/hair at the same length and am up dressed and out in about 45 minutes ha ha!!!

:j
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Yeah someone did mention chin plucking! Moving swiftly on, thanks for the words of encouragement Kat - oh and that dress sounds lovely. One of the most beautiful dresses I owned was second hand from ebay.

Anyhow, I was a bit stressed today because the mealplanning has gone out of the window this week and I hadnt taken anything out of the freezer to cook for tea. Hubby gave me £20 and told me to go to the shop - I then spent £13 on rubbish. Even though the money didnt come from my own budget I still feel very guilty! So thats my little confession over.

Going to see a friend in a bit, we may call in at the pub for one or two drinks but I will be driving anyway so it wont be a costly night. Even though I am doing well with my overall budget the SFDs are just not happening for me!

Hope the chilli was nice Abundant!
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Perfection takes a little longer Abundant !

Kat - that dress sounds wonderful - you must upload a photo so that we can all share in a collective jealousy.

My March starts today (looking forward to your extreme challenge Kat) and I have had a lovely day out with friends - I managed to spend £3 less than my budget but will confess to moving a couple of budgets around to have my ears re-peirced (oops).

We have also arranged our 2014 holiday - Venice here we come -yep - its your fault again Kat (tut tut)

Keep going everyone xx
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 February 2013 at 10:04PM
    Options
    Ninno it's SO expensive there. I'm only going for one day.. Lol!! I'll suss it out the cheap bits for you and let you know..

Now someone tell me how I can upload a pucture or is it a case of drag and drop..?
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • nannygladys
    Options
    45 mins Abundant, isnt that quite a long time for a gent? lol:rotfl:

Hi everyone, anyway my usual boring day, I finished work at dinnertime today; so home, lunch and guess what I created a spreadsheet - YES I have joined the club at last:) took a bit of doing cos I havent done anything like that for decades, and ended up phoning my accountant DD to get a couple of formulas but I have done it, mind you I didnt like the outcome figures but hopefully it should get better as the months go on:rotfl:

Thats the DD thats will produce my latest DGC, and we are going shopping next Saturday so I can buy her a couple of bits - getting excited about it now, cant wait:)

Anyway another SFD for me, I dont have a problem with them really as I just dont wont to spend any money, but that will be changing next Saturday, anyway going to watch New Tricks before I go to bed, at least I havent got to get up at some ungodly hour in the morning:)

Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 February 2013 at 11:37PM
    Options
    Evening :)

Kat, thanks for the encouragement and kind words. Your dress sounds divine and its my favourite colour :D. Look on it as an investment. You could turn a profit! Good idea to view the house again. If it still feels wrong maybe it is a step to far. Don't push yourself to much. Having said that, having housemates to feed kitty is a bonus and if they are nice, the shared space may make up for the smaller bedroom... Price sounds good and location convenient. Is it handy for work? Any chance of moving nearer work to cut down on transport?

On Venice, some places are definitely more pricy than others so move away from the main tourist areas and it becomes more reasonable. Nowhere is 'cheap' though. We asked our hotel for recommendations and they were happy to say this one is cheaper for lunch and this one nicer and more expensive for an evening meal. Our biggest shock with pricing was in Prague, 2 drinks on the main square, same price as a 2 course meal with beer off the beaten track earlier in the evening!!!

We haven't really been hibernating all week although it was tempting! Managed an hour at the park on Monday, late afternoon after my hospital app and M even had an ice lolly and hubby a 99! It was chilly though so I had a coffee and a twirl! On Wednesday we had a full day out in the cold with two of M's school friends and their mums and little sisters. We went on the train, two different stops and parks. A few shops but only bought food. We mums were especially grateful for a warm in Costa and on the train but the kiddies don't seem to notice! It was flipping freezing, I think we picked the coldest day!

Today we looked after one of M's friends this morning while his mum worked and we were supposed to be going into town this afternoon but M didn't want to in the end so I have actually had a SFD!!!

Tomorrow we are getting his hair cut (he wants it very short :( ) and we are going to get his feet measured, possible new shoes and then a trip to the library.

I m chilling out in the sofa with the remains of the vodka. Maybe one more left in the bottle... Have to confess I sent hubby out for wine last night (the shop is just across the road), having made a conscious decision to not buy any in tesco earlier on too! Oh well it was very nice and we have cut down massively on our alcohol spends :)

Hubby has gone out so I have the telly on, a cat purring loudly on my knee, my drink, my iPad, candles burning and my boy sleeping soundly upstairs, what more could a girl want :) I quite like having the house all quiet and sort of to myself.

Shall be listing in eBay this weekend as I think it is a free listing weekend. Must check. I have 17 things on, mostly starting at 99p and relistings but have taken some photos of clothes ready to list.

Sleep well and happy weekend xx
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yes PJ, I read somewhere else that it was free listings this weekend. Just as well, a lot of my bits didn't sell last time so I decided I was going to list them anyway this weekend just to get a bit of cash!!

Haircuts - I got my first one today in 18 months :) Was a Groupon offer that I bought in October and finally cashed in today. Without the voucher, my hair would have continued growing cos this salon charged £135 for a cut and blow dry. I silently admired a girl that came in cos she had beautiful hair and I thought they had done a beautiful job on her. Turns out that was just her regular hair and she was about to have a blow dry because she was going out tonight!! Blow dry price? £70 :eek:

If anyone's interested, they only charge £10 for a chin wax ;)

The dress sounds fab Kat :) I knew we could rely on you to splurge and make money on it!

5 days til payday.....I'm so ready for March. Get that whip ready kat, it sounds like we're all up for it :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention, Quidco are offering £12 cashback for a free 30 day trial with NowTV...the deal expires in 2 days so act quickly if you're going for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure