Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you feel more settled tomorrow DIA. The weekend is coming, stick a face pack on and chill :D x
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Milasaves and Orange Ena

I am lucky in that generally, a dodgy day is followed by a less dodgy day and so it was today.

I had a creative working day today and it went okay, not brilliant but I made progress and I’m pleased to have done so.

I ate much better today. How I eat is definitely a factor in how I feel…;)

I have had 2 NSDs in a row.

Tomorrow is my shopping day for Waitr’*** for bargains. I’m hoping for free range chicken and fish. I don’t need any more meat. If there isn’t what I need I’ll leave it as I have enough already and can get through the week with maybe a super six veggie shop.

The room I work in is chaos again. I think I need a little desk at some stage so I have a defined area for work. Working where I eat isn’t working.:o

My gym membership is finally over. Monday will be my first foray to my new circuits class :eek:

Off to make a cup of tea :)

I hope your weekend gets off to a flying start
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • maysmummy
    maysmummy Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for dropping in Brizzled :)

A NSD yesterday, not so today

I had my dental hygienists appointment this afternoon. Expensive but essential. Cheap in the long term as it keeps more expensive treatment at bay :)

I bought my garden tool. It cost £33!!! My decision to buy it in an independent shop despite it costing £2 more there was rewarded as he knocked £3 off without me asking. :) It was a lovely hardware shop and they stock a gorgeous range of paint that is nice but pricey. I’ll be decorating in cheap white paint but splashing out on posh paint for the feature wall. Not now. Just looking forward to keep my spirits high

Small shop in Lidl = 11.90

Lid* dental floss is brilliant, so stocked up. Trying their toothpaste just to see, although this seems a step too far. We’ll see…
    It shouldn’t have happened really. I am going through my food budget like lightening. :eek: However thanks to a suggestion from beanielou despite my desire for wine, I bought a mini bottle of wine (much cheaper)

Small shop in Waitro*** I bought yogurt and chocolate, sweet potatoes and mushrooms and I had a free coffee £7.16

I got fuel bills. I’m a bit ahead so I adjusted my standing order and used the money to go towards garden tool ;)

Got in after refusing to buy food out of the house so starving as I hadn’t eaten since breakfast. I have eaten early. Sea bass and sweet potato chips and peas. Yum, even nicer as fish cost 50p. :money:

I realised my 25p yogurt bargains had too much sugar in. I usually eat plain. So I admit I threw some away and replaced with my usual no sugar one. I noticed I was getting hungrier. That happens when I eat too much sugar, I just crave more. I’ve weaned myself off tomato ketchup now too. I use my own home made tahini sauce instead ;)

This has been my most expensive day for ages. Definitely NSDs Thursday and Friday or there will be too much month :o

I hope your day went well reader

DIA x
    FYA there's nothing wrong with the toothpastes from these stores- they have the correct amount of fluoride in . I can assure you that I'd be happy to use them and for my family to use them.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yep, I agree maysmummy. Like I said...
    'Trying their toothpaste just to see, although this seems a step too far. We’ll see…' I did try it and it's okay. I wasn't concerned about the fluoride level I knew that was okay. It was more about my personal taste.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I took papers into work and shredded them (again)

I emailed an organisation I want to volunteer for. I know I don’t have the time what with work and creative work and my other volunteer role, BUT I really want to do it and I think it might open up new opportunities. I offered fewer hours than they really want, so we’ll see...

My shopping came to £13 today. I bought toiletries and some dark miso. Expensive but long lasting. No bargains. Well, there were, but mostly meat and I have enough so I left them. I’ll hopefully stock up next week.

Thinking of what I can make this week from what I have:

Breakfast
    Yoghurt/Fruit/Seeds
    Eggs

Lunch
    Leftovers

Main meal

Aubergine and courgette curry and quinoa

Buckwheat pancakes with roasted veggies and feta

Lamb chops, sweetcorn and roasted veggies and tahini sauce

Adzuki beans, spinach and dark miso with sweet potato mash

Chicken salad

Lamb chops, kale and broad beans and tahini sauce

Thai chicken and mushroom curry with quinoa

I’m quite pleased with that :)

There are boots that have been reduced from £189.00 to £94.50. So tempted and that would be me sorted for Autumn but I would be Sooooooo poor for the rest of the month. It would save me money in the long term…

What do you think reader?

I hope your Saturday has been a positive one

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I'm totally the wrong person to advise. I'd always go for the boots.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Me too :D Sorry DiA :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Personally, half price boots of good quality should always be bought if needed. Even if it makes the month squeaky tight, one should always buy needed items out of season for savings. I vote yes, if you think you won't use CC or overdraft later in the month which would completely defeat the purpose.
    We are voting aren't we?
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thank you INOD, milasaves and brizzled for your advise. I agree milasaves it makes sense buying expensive items out of season and I’ve always tried to do so. I’ve had my eye on these boots since 2015! I could wait in the hope that they are further decreased in price but they are now showing as ‘low stock’ so I daren’t.

Milasaves, I don’t have an overdraft facility and I cut up my card so there isn’t a possibility for either. This has made me realise the absolute necessity of some kind of buffer. HAVING MONEY SAVES MONEY. Next month I will prioritise saving.;)

The way I shop relies on having some funds so I can purchase when bargains present themselves. This includes supermarket reductions. Even my train ticket to Cornwall that is a cheap price now I don’t have the funds to buy it. It will be more expensive to buy at the end of July when I am paid. :( In the past it would have gone on my card and I would have fooled myself that I had a bargain, despite, in the long run, whatever I bought actually being more expensive. :( However, if I was using money I actually had to shop this way it would be really quite savvy. ;)

I’m thinking of taking out an overdraft. IT IS TOTALY FREE with my bank for the few hundred pounds I would ask for. This is an example of good credit. I don’t plan to use it all the time just when it is sensible to. I have not in fact had an overdraft facility for years but I think I am able to manage it responsibly?

This is a long way of saying, I am buying the boots :j:j

I promise not to subject readers of this diary to 3 weeks of moaning as I have £60 available to me, £20 a week for everything, until pay day. The good thing is I paid for my fares for the whole month up front and I have stuff in the freezer so I should be able to survive. No, in the words of the famous philosopher Gloria Gaynor, I will survive :D

Happy Sunday
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    edited 3 July 2016 at 10:12AM
    Options
    Just checked the boots. The colour i want are showing as 'in stock' and not 'low stock' so I am going to check daily and wait. When they show as low stock I will buy them immediately so still keeping the money in my account ready and living off £20 a week until pay day. There will be tears before bedtime if the boots disappear...

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills