Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    On Saturday 30th by a manual Faster Payment, pay enough into your FlexPlus account to cover the transfer to the regular saver, then withdraw the surplus after the external SO has been credited on Monday 2nd.

PS: This is a problem that can be addressed by using a Tesco Current Account for the external SO - Tesco always sends on the stipulated date.

PPS: This isn't "on topic" for this thread on the best available regular savings accounts!
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    1. On Saturday 30th by a manual Faster Payment, pay enough into your FlexPlus account to cover the transfer to the regular saver, then withdraw the surplus after the external SO has been credited on Monday 2nd.

2. PS: This is a problem that can be addressed by using a Tesco Current Account for the external SO - Tesco always sends on the stipulated date.

3. PPS: This isn't "on topic" for this thread on the best available regular savings accounts!

1. TY that's what I'll do :)

2. That's too cumbersome as I'll have to top up my Tesco back to the max for interest. I'll use my regular current account.

3. How? It's connected directly to a regular saver. And as this thread is chock full of Regular Savers, and well informed and experienced Regular Savers to boot, as is being proved, where else would be better and quicker :)
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I haven't got a FlexPlus but doesn't it offer a fee free £250 overdraft? Might be worth checking out
  • schiff
    Options
    Sorry :o

My account is a Flex Account.

:o
  • schiff
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    You could easily address this by removing the SO and do manual payment. Keep in Mind with Nationwide RSA you could credit the RSA on the date convenient for you. How much interest you will lose of 1-2 daily interest on the amount of £250.

Yes, this is all to do with pennies of interest but it's just the way this business gets you. MSE plus!
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2017 at 2:22PM
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    3. How? It's connected directly to a regular saver. And as this thread is chock full of Regular Savers, and well informed and experienced Regular Savers to boot, as is being proved, where else would be better and quicker :)
    Your question directly relates to how to cover the mismatch between the dates for an outgoing standing order and an incoming external standing order for your FlexPlus account. The fact that the outgoing funds were being transferred to a NW regular saver is surely irrelevant?

I would suggest that the problem that you were seeking a solution for would fall within the Bank Accounts forum (and I, for one, would have responded there with the same answer). Whilst this valuable thread on "Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!" is already enormous, adding to it hardly helps others seeking guidance on the best regular savers.

Apologies for cluttering-up the thread with another off-topic post - I'll shut-up now.
  • schiff
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    Your question directly relates to how to cover the mismatch between the dates for an outgoing standing order and an incoming external standing order for your FlexPlus account. The fact that the outgoing funds were being transferred to a NW regular saver is surely irrelevant?

I would suggest that the problem that you were seeking a solution for would fall within the Bank Accounts forum (and I, for one, would have responded there with the same answer). Whilst this valuable thread on "Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!" is already enormous, adding to it hardly helps others seeking guidance on the best regular savers.

Apologies for cluttering-up the thread with another off-topic post - I'll shut-up now.

If you have hairs to split, prepare to split them now.

Exit left :)
  • nbinblack
    nbinblack Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    The Chorley BS now has:

Non member Festive Fund Regular Saver 2.25% variable
    Member Festive Regular Fund Saver 2.5% variable

Branch or postal opening.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    Options
    nbinblack wrote: »
    The Chorley BS now has:

Non member Festive Fund Regular Saver 2.25% variable
    Member Festive Regular Fund Saver 2.5% variable

Branch or postal opening.

Thanks.

Up to £500 per month.

A member is anyone who's got an open product with Chorley BS for 12+ months. Rules me out - still may go for it @ 2.25%.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.chorleybs.co.uk/Files/rb/FestiveFund.pdf#zoom=auto

£0 - 500 per month, no withdrawals or closure until maturity, 31/10/18.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure