Options
2»

Comments

• ktee_uk
    ktee_uk Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://tinypic.com/m/i1bur5/2

Town and country, little Thurlow. Its 5kw. Wanted a low one so that gap between stove top and opening lintel was enough tp put a kettle on it.

It kept us very toasty last winter.
    Mortgage free after 12years
    Saving for early and comfortable retirement
    "If you want to forget your worries, wear tight shoes"
  • dilEmma
    dilEmma Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Bonjour,
    I have been smashing up my fireplace and am also looking at wood burning stoves and came across a FDC 5kw, has anyone come across these?
    Also, I was advised that we might not need to line the chimney by my installer, if we get a smoke test and all passes but my chimney sweep says the burner isn't as efficient if the chimney isn't lined. Has anyone heard this before?

New territory...don't want to make an expensive mistake!!
    Thank you :think:
  • Robwiz
    Robwiz Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    dilEmma wrote: »
    Also, I was advised that we might not need to line the chimney by my installer, if we get a smoke test and all passes but my chimney sweep says the burner isn't as efficient if the chimney isn't lined. Has anyone heard this before?

No, I've never heard that before!

For a given fuel, burning efficiency depends on the chimney's draw and the volume of air entering the stove. The draw of the chimney depends on its height and exit diameter. It's possible that a liner will heat up a bit faster than a masonry chimney, which would help starting the fire, but I would be surprised if you noticed any difference in burn efficiency.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Woodwarm fireview.
  • Anthony_snh
    Options
    Hi, I would recommend the Firefox 8 stove, they are a well established stove and too date with no problems, we have sold them at snh for 8 years now and hand on heart not 1 has ever had a problem with casting ect, you do get the odd one with a cracked glass after a year or so but I think that is normal if you over heat the units.
  • Alycidon
    Alycidon Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Wide opening but only need 5kw.

Esse 100.

If it was a car it would be a Ford, good honest well made value for money.

Esse have been making stoves in Barnoldswick near Skipton for a very long time, the company dates back to 1854 so they know a thing or two about stoves.

A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport