tried and failed

Options
so, I tried to reclaim all the unfair charges applied to my credit card from 2005/06, which firstly caused me to go into debt. my cc was for £1000, back then I paid by cheque. so, the MBNA had a 7-day clearance. which made my payment late so I was charged £25 late payment fee. and £25 over limit fee.this was applied to my account for a fair few months making my account balance to roll out of control and I gave up I felt I was fighting a losing battle. so anyway not to drone on and on, and bore you all in all, after using martins calculator (what would we do without martin ) they owed me over £900 in over charges with interest the ombudsman decision was I should have known so, therefore I'm too late to claim I tried and failed :(

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Claims for "unfair" bank charges were ended by the court case eight years ago.

Nowadays only people in the Bank's definition of Financial Hardship may be granted a refund of (some) charges. The Bank does not "owe" you anything since any such refund is a goodwill gesture.

Sorry.

Incidentally, Martin's calculator was of no use to you and I'm reminded of Jim Bowen proclaiming "This is what you could have won" on Bullseye.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure