Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• paddingtondoo
    Options
    Morning all - we still haven't managed to get out but deffo going today we at least need some basics to eat :p

Can we have some rain please? It's been snowing a little bit here again this morning although don't really want it to freeze. I lost most of yesterday as 2 nights of worry meant I hadn't slept was up at 6 went back to bed at 8 and then finally came to just before 12.

I finished my cross stitch yesterday - it's winnie the pooh on a block for a baby that was born on 22nd October (oops) I'm going to make it into a cushion once I'm brave enough to go into the conservatory to get the fabric - don't want to disappear under a landslide of snow when I try and get the door open :rotfl:

Good luck with your fair this morning Gemma - very strange day to have one lol!

Bad news about the screen Flourgirl as an ex wife of a windscreen fitter (Autoglass) as long as you're fully comp and you have windscreen cover you will only have to pay the excess and they sort it all out with your insurance company so you just have to sign for it. The only problem you might have is the cold as the glue they use doesn't work below a certain temperature so unless you can get it inside with both doors open you might have to drive it into the depot and wait while they do it and the glue dries :(

Wonder if the school will be open tomorrow otherwise I'll have a whole load more problems :o
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Lazy Towers here - I had the best sleep for weeks last night so didn't surface 'til after 10 :eek: now I've had my cuppa got to get moving. All the rain has frozen so it looks v. pretty but lethal!

Gemma - hope your fair is a roaring success.

Rainmac - hope you enjoy your pre Christmas meet up.

Padster - I so know how that sleeping the morning away feels - it used to happen lots for me but not for a while - hope you manage to get out for supplies and see a bit of the rest of the world - it helps.

Rusty - thanks for extending your challenge - I felt bad I hadn't met the first deadline.

Flourgirl - glad you managed to get out though I can imagine it wasn't easy. Hope you get your car sorted soon.
  • lizalloareds
    Options
    Morning everyone, cold and icy here and still got lots of snow, been busy making a few things for christmas they are on my you know what if you fancy a look, need to go and get dressed now.

Flourgirl sorry to hear about your windscreen
    hope you all have a good day
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Yippee.... we have some sunshine in the garden if you want to see!!

Padster I hope the sun reaches you today xx
  • chocolate.orange_2
    Options
    Just a quick jump in from me

Someone needs to look here

Congratulations !!!!
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • chocolate.orange_2
    Options
    CT1972 Grrrrr (*^&"££$££$$ Royal Mail !!! I will get you another parcel sent off... this week.
    Wonder where all this missing stuff disappears too ? What with ATCs and stash parcels someone must be having a great time lol. It should of been with you a few weeks ago..

Flourgirl Sorry to hear about your windscreen too, im still sat at home going stir crazy.. Its just too risky to get the car out the garage. Lots of abandoned cars on our road so would be a nightmare trying to navigate through them.

Gemm Hope you have a really bust day at the Craft Fair :)

Hugs and stay warm wishes to everyone.. Ive got a date with a chicken and a slow cooker lol.. Im sooo full of cold that i just cant be bothered to stand and cook :( My leg and metalwork is soo painful when its cold..I'm also hoping that school are shut in morning as i dont want to risk driving and getting stuck again :(

Will pop back later and catch up properly xx
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Choccy living on a main road in the village has its advantages plus its flat here so once the roads are clear its easier to get out with the land rover. My car is still in the garage :)

I posted a birthday card with a £20 note inside to Plymouth last monday from inside the post office and it still hasn't arrived!!! I am hoping it does turn up now the worst weather is over.

Woooo Hooo .... way to go girl!!! Congratulations xx
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    :wall:Knock knock............. can i come back please?:hello:

I have had a busy few days, with 1 thing or another

I haven't really got much to say :cool:

Our snow is going now, so Rainmac i will finally be able to get your birthday card in the post! Sorry it is so late!

For the people that were asking about Secret Santa, i think as long as you get it sent to make sure it gets there before christmas is fine. I think the sooner the better, i intend to send mine by the end of this week. I will be putting a card in with mine, but it is personal preference, i think.

Congratulations to our winners :T

I was wondering if the address list has been updated lately?

Stay warm everyone :)
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    Well done winning person! Gorgeous card BTW

We got out :j:j and Tesco's had everything we wanted - not taking OH again coz I spent £92:eek: but won't have to go for another week probably.

Spent over an hour digging the car out there was at least as much as I dug on Monday and again on Tuesday. OH got out 2nd go having nearly taken the back off my car and then asked me if I wanted to try and get mine out to see if I could manage it in the morning - wall one side OH's car the other neighbours directly behind - can you guess what I said? :rotfl::rotfl:

PS - the cat is better now she's discovered how to sneeze properly and we haven't heard any more about my little bump in his car :)
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all, well still got the thaw here thank goodness roads nice and clear so finally able to go and see my mum as she is off to Germany tomorrow for 5 days.

Gemm hope your craft fair goes well.
    wanna b/flourgirl thanks for the help on the glitter card will have to have a look. (hope you get your car sorted flourgirl xx)
    Padster
    I know what you mean about going shopping with your oh I can do a weekly shop for about £60 when he is with me it doubles:eek::eek: and we still have nothing for tea!! He sneaks razor blades in etc and they are mega expensive so I try not to take him too often lol.

Stay safe and warm girls hopefully catch up later tonight xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport