IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Parking Charge - how to tackle?

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes you go the POPLA route , assuming they gave you the popla code

I did tell you this in an earlier reply !!

you have 28 days from the date of the letter to submit a POPLA appeal

the NEWBIES thread has a popla section , with templates and advice for this next stage - have you not read it ?

please do so and draft an appeal , but dont put your personal details or reference in yet , until just before submission (you are also advised on how to submit this appeal online , so read that part too)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What was the date you sent your initial appeal to the PPC?

What was the date of their rejection letter with your POPLA code?

Have you checked your POPLA code is valid and the deadline date hasn't expired? Do it here:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,205 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Socks0rs wrote: »
    So... i'm posting just to get a consensus on where I go from here? I presume I go the POPLA route, and if so, how exactly should I go about it?
    POPLA appeal - fairly easy, use the templates in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread.

You do not need to use any POPLA code checker. You can see what day of 2017 the code was issued - e.g. today is day 43 of 2017 so a POPLA code issued today has 437 in the middle...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Socks0rs
    Options
    Okay thanks guys, I've been looking into his stuff today. Should I use the POPLA template for dire signage or perhaps this no keeper liability malarky?

1) The signage is genuinely utterly atrocious at the scene of the incident. When i revisited to take a photo of the signage, I noticed there's NO big signage as you enter the area, which is then separated into about 8 industrial units (one of which is Crossfit), and within each of these units is only 1 or 2 signs on the wall. Furthermore, NONE of the signage is lit, and the incident happened at around 9 o'clock when the area is pitch black ... you honestly can't see anything clearly at all.

2) To this point, all I have received is the following:
    1 windscreen notice
    1 response to my appeal (which was submitted day 26), which asked me to issue a copy of my parking ticket to them UKPC appeals within 14 days, otherwise they would have no decision but to use my previously submitted information to make a decision. I didn't submit !!!!, because frankly I got this response right before x-mas and i totally forgot about it until the new year.
    Lastly - the response I received recently, copied into my previous post, which was their verdict on my appeal.

Are these NTKs? They haven't sent anything physically, i.e. i've had no physical letters from them.

Lemme know please.

Also, regarding the templates... do I just copy word for word? I can't really come up with a convincing way to make them my own without perhaps sounding like i'm talking bullchit or ruining them. Concerning the signage template, maybe it wouldn't hurt to throw in something about the area being poorly lit (or not lit at all, which is 100% truthful)? Tho I imagine that comes under the point of signage being "not clear", and I noticed at the bottom there's a point about providing evidence that also reflects the time/conditions as when the incident occurred.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 March 2017 at 3:09PM
    Options
    Use ALL the template appeal points that are relevant to your case. The signage template alone is about five times longer than your preceding post, so it is quite obvious you haven't read and understood yet what you need to do.
    Embed your own pics into the signage template appeal point.

Go to post 3 of the NEWBIES and construct an appeal here using every appeal point you can find that is relevant.

These would normally include at least, inadequate signage, not the landowner, no standing to bring charges in their own name, non POFA 2012 compliant NTK. (If you haven't received an NTK, then how can it be compliant with the Act?)
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Socks0rs wrote: »
    Lastly - the response I received recently, copied into my previous post, which was their verdict on my appeal. Are these NTKs?
    Nope, a rejection letter/email is not a Notice to Keeper.

Also, regarding the templates... do I just copy word for word?

Yep, it is that simple, your case looks like this one so the usual 4 templates apply, as found by this poster:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5578876

HTH, job done. No work needed by you except to copy & save as a PDF and upload your PDF appeal under 'other' on the POPLA website. :)
  • Hudenise
    Hudenise Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same situation than Coupon-mad as I had a windscreen notice then postal NTK then POPLA code from UKPC after also parking in front of Crossfit out of hours. I approached Crossfit, by email then personally, and they told me that they are just renting the place and that the owner, not disclosed, has the contract with UKPC....
    Would you be able to share your POPLA appeal? Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You don't need to, the usual standard example is in the link above. The points are taken straight from the template POPLA appeal points in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread.

Time your POPLA appeal to go in no sooner than day 56 after the windscreen PCN (as long as that doesn't take you more than 30 days past the POPLA code/rejection letter date).
  • Socks0rs
    Socks0rs Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Good news! My appeal won! Parking fine has been cancelled ;)

Just thought I'd pop by here and thank everyone for their help and input; keep doing what you're doing.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Know your enemy
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure