PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Sunday 19th October

Options
13»

Comments

• Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    animated-smileys-waving-007.gifWelcome to all the newbies inkie, bagpuss and bachsoonanimated-smileys-waving-007.gif

Lovely day here as well, not enough washing to warrant putting the washing machine on, so DH said we both deserve to have a lazy day just doing what we want (even though I still have to cook dinner) But I don't wash up on a Sunday, DH and the kids do that.

Having roast chicken a large ys one that I got for £1.99 in Asda a few weeks ago (In fact I got 6) with parsnips aldi super 6 - 59p (30p) as I will only use half the pack, half a pack of aldi carrots 29p (15p), ½ of the stick brussels £1 (50p) from the market, HM Yorkie puds 15p, roast potatoes from the garden and gravy .

Apple and blackberry sponge with custard 15p for dessert using Bramleys from the garden and a basic sponge 4oz flour, sugar, butter and 2 eggs, which comes out at approx £1

Put apples and blackberries into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with sugar and pour the sponge mixture over the top bung in the oven at 160c until golden, serve with warmed custard easypeasy and lush

Mahoosive Sunday dinner for 5 = £4.20 :j approx 84p a head :D

Mrs LW well done to your DD :T I am glad you managed to get Docky to take his medicine, bit of a gourmet is your Docky :rotfl:

Have lovely a day everyone

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

welcoming BACHSOON to our thread. I hope you feel at home here.

This morning we were up and out the door bright and early. I needed to get something for Mothers birthday that is coming up. I got dragged into a Peugeot dealership on the way back.

Men fed, house cleaned.... Just killing time now.

Have a good evening all.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Poppy is a fussy so and so with her medicine. We are now on scrambled egg - freshly made of course!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What a comfort to know that I'm not alone in having an epicurean hound!!!
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome to the new people.

It has been a very nice day, gentle paced, just what I needed to regroup.

I remembered that I had downloaded Rhonda's book onto my i pad kindle, so I have been sat reading and working on a list.

Also, listened to some of my Laura Ingalls cd while ironing hubby's work shirts.

Crocheted a couple more squares, and will continue while watching Downton Abbey tonight.

Made some scones for tea so have been nice and productive. Feel much happier for it.

Butterfly, your pudding sounds delicious, I will be making a note of it and doing next Sunday.

Have a nice evening all.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oooh butterfly,pudding sounds delicious.

Well we enjoyed our afternoon walk over the common.
    Trees were climbed, leaves were kicked and run through.
    Lots of kites being flown, so nice to sit on a blanket in the sunshine :)
    Collected a nice batch of leaves ready for leaf printing 2moz.
    (Kids off for teacher training day)

Finished off the evening with a scrummy roast dinner and home made apple crumble.
    Stuffed :)

So far this weekend I have spent £4.
    Yet everyone has had fun and eaten well:T
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts