Wonga

Options

Comments

• LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One minute after you started this thread you were given the advice you needed. Did you follow it?
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The bank would not have dealt with it as it is a pay day loan. They would have been told to contact Wonga.It is up to Wonga to get their backside in gear and refund all effected customers by the quickest method possible.

The bank is required to deal with a disputed debit complaint from a customer. They don't have a choice. They can't just say because 'it's a pay day loan' sort it out yourself!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Jassers wrote: »
    Has anyone else been caught out today with Wonga taking out doube the repayment. Still waiting for money -£497 to be repaid and have little left in bank for weekend and not enough for DDs on Monday. Help!
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Speak to your bank sharpish....
    The answer you need is given above.
    Don't get in a situation that allows these sharks to run a continuous payment authority on your account for around a £1,000 without considering it needs paying back.

And before your start saying I am on a high horse as well, this year I have gone ten months only paying interest on my mortgage, living on ESA, had two operations and still had money left over to puss against the walll last night as well. And had no need to ever consider using such a facility. Oh, and the nice motor aw well at £229 a month!

Not what you wanted to hear, but!
  • GingerFurball_2
    Options
    You need to read the comments, even if it wasn't a direct debit you should have contacted your bank as advised, it was an unauthorised payment and should have been reported as such, They would have helped

If the payment has been 'taken' today then it's probably a pending card payment which can't be disputed.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why on earth would anyone savvy enough to be on here even consider using Wonga?? Make a vow to never use them or similar again.
    Options
    Further to my previous reposte on the subject, I was out last night, in town and was surprised as it was considerably fuller than usual. Still it passed me buy! at the time as to why, then it struck me. Pay day and the short terminus of people today. That is why last week it was quiet. Bo.psie remarked late about where she worked, that two colleagues complained just before a bank holiday, as when they were to be laid. Her boss said as normal, last working day of the month. They were shocked about this, three day weekend and no money until the following Wednesday, last day of the month!

Same here. As I mentioned. Bit of a hard year, but you only have one life. Still, I restart work in a couple of weeks. And this Friday I will be inn town again. Bet most of the others that were there last nigh, will be conspicuous by their absence.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    That is why last week it was quiet. Bo.psie remarked late about where she worked, that two colleagues complained just before a bank holiday, as when they were to be laid. Her boss said as normal, last working day of the month.

Once a month? No wonder theyre complaining ;)
    Options
    Once a month? No wonder theyre complaining ;)
    Ooopps I would blame the profanity filbert but it was the oinkpad spill cheater!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How did things turn out, Jassers? Least today would have been a working day for you, be good to see things have come good for you.
  • Westminster
    Westminster Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Savvy Shopper! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    They did the same to 7000 other clients on Friday according to the Beeb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family