IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help! UKPC sent me notice to keeper

Options
Hi,

I have just recently received a Notice to Keeper from Ukpc. I have read sevral posts plus the newbies post too but i still have questions.

Reason: parked in area where no parking is allowed.

NTK only displahs the date, place and time of the ticket issued. It does not say the duration of the stay. Also...it says the ticket was initially places on windscreen on 19.06.17 but NTK sent 21.07.17.

I am the keeper and not the offender. But could anylne help as to what should i do now. Should i send an appeal to cancel or ask them for all the evidence. So confused. Please can someone give me the wording.

Thanks

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then (you, the keeper) send the BPA template in blue you will find there. Do not reveal the driver's identity. Copy and paste and send.

Once you have sent it, you will need to read up on how to beat these scammers with a second stage PoPLA appeal. All the information you need is in the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    just use the blue text appeal almost "as is"

the timeline is correct, an NTK must get to you between day 29 and day 56

but it sounds like the NTK failed pofa2012 due to missing details

but appeal anyway, with the blue text appeal , slightly changing it to

SHOULD YOU HAVE OBTAINED
  • Shanishani
    Options
    Thanks for replies. Do i have to wait for a certain time period before i appeal?
    Also, fo i mention that they have failed to comply pofa2012? Or not?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you have 28 days to appeal it , so dont go past that date, there is no reason to wait

I would leave any legal arguments for the popla appeal when they refuse your appeal
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Shanishani wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. Do i have to wait for a certain time period before i appeal?
    Also, fo i mention that they have failed to comply pofa2012? Or not?

They have complied with the POFA, para 8.

You should have appealed the windscreen PCN, and chances are there would have been no NTK. By waiting - assuming you knew about the PCN - you have allowed them to comply with the POFA.

Best point for POPLA will be the signage now. But just do the usual, this is the same as every BPA member case and will be argued more fully at POPLA stage. No idea why people start new threads asking how to appeal when the NEWBIES thread tells you and gives you the wording.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Shanishani
    Options
    Guys...i submitted an appeal on their website on 12th August and received a confirmation too. Now i said in the appeal as per the template given on Newbie thread that reply within 21 days....their email said they will reply in 35 days....which one shoukd you go by? I mean i have still not heard anything yet. Should i just wait around and nirmally with appeals when do they reply?

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They have 35 days.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Shanishani
    Options
    Thanks. These 35 days..do they include weekends ir just working days? They did not say working days. And even after 35 days if they reply late what is the procedure then? Thanks
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It is 35 days. No extensions for weekends, holidays, days off or anything. If its late they get a slap on the wrist.
  • Shanishani
    Options
    Hi guys. So i have received a letter today from ukpc they dated it 15th Septemberr (i think they wrote letter perhaps yesterday or monday). So what is my course of action now.

They r saying....in order for us to make a decision on ur appeal provide the name and address of the driver eithin 14 days.
    And they said u can pay the parking charge at a reduce rate of £60 now instead of £100.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure