Best win of 2016??

Options
what was everyone's best win of 2016?

This year hasnt been great for me, the best prize ive won is £100 Marks and Spencer voucher.

Looking forward to seeing what next year brings :beer:

Comments

• bees**knees
    bees**knees Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In terms of value - I won a fridge freezer in Feb.

In terms of enjoyment I won tickets for 4 people to the ballet Romeo and Juliet with a meal beforehand - I was able to treat 2 friends and it was a great evening - also in Feb. That was a good month!
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    In terms of Value: £250 shoetique vouchers. I got some stuff and treated my mum to two pairs of summers shoes and a pair of slippers for my sister. Also a £200 Lego bundle that made one little boy very happy.

In terms of enjoyment: The Gluten Free food I Won. I very really have GF bread since diagnosis but this year I've won four loaves! Toast, Cheese on toast, toasties, sandwiches and breadcrumbs for chicken-it's been great! I also won GF cakes and treats that tasted lovely.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • surfboard2
    surfboard2 Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have barely won anything tbh - think i can count on one hand the things that i've won. Having said that, i am rather selective about the comps i enter as i just don't have time these days.

Best win this year has to be an ipad mini.
  • Bobble5366
    Options
    a £700 givenchy handbag from Marie Claire (which I sold and bought a new top of the range laptop with the money)
  • dizzyc
    dizzyc Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I won a trip to New York in November to attend the world premiere of "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" - we got loads of merchandise from the movie, got to walk the red carpet and take photos and we were sat 3 rows away from J K Rowling and her family. It was one of my best-ever wins to be fair :)
  • pieboyjr
    pieboyjr Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I won a trip to Paris in June for the opening match of Euro 2016. As a mad football fan this was obviously brilliant!

Happy comping everyone and good luck for 2017.
    2020 wins: Orchid feed - Illy coffee - Cineworld tickets
    Mortgage: £79,953.22 £112,000.00 Capital Paid: 29%
    MFD: Feb '35 Jun '41 Daily Interest: £4.36 £7.95 LTV: 43% 69%
    50 ParkRuns in 2021: 50 to go
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This has been my first year of comping after seeing a link to the forum on the MSE newsletter.

Best win in terms of value was a MacBook Air.

Best win in term of enjoyment was tickets to a local music festival. Not great value but had a fantastic day out with Mrs Hugo15.
  • easter65
    easter65 Posts: 5,319 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Best Win for me would have to be the Vauxhall Corsa we won and had delivered 3 weeks ago. Still can't believe it even now, Followed closely by my £3,000 Cheque win from That's Life mag in July and an £800 Fridge freezer in March. Amazing year and wish everyone lots of luck for 2017 x
    Best Competition Wins-Brand New Vauxhall Corsa & £3000
  • Nettie17
    Options
    Best win for me was the trip to,the Rio Olympics for a week with £2000'spending money, second to that £5000 solid wood kitchen cabinets and third £1000 Thomas cook vouchers.
    Comping has changed my life and I am very grateful to all those who post.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Haven't won much this year but did win 2 lovely breaks.
    A week in a Forest Lodge with our own hot tub and 2 nights in a fancy hotel in Somerset with breakfast, dinner and afternoon tea. They were both wonderful and worth over £800 each
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family