Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks ladies for posting.

The fresh air diet (as my best friend calls is) is going ok - its a bit boring too be honest. I have eaten some cheese and butter as they don't contain as much lactose as milk or cream - I felt fine after I ate them. I'm not having them every day, just once a week really.

Since Weds week I have also gone yeast free while I treat the candida - that is hard as it means I cant have GF bread which I love. Breakfasts are very boring.

Earlier this week I ate something that should have been completely fine (it contained soybean oil which is on my list but I thought it would be such a small amount it would be fine) but within minutes of eating it I got stomach cramps and had to drive home very fast to reach the toilet. I felt so bad I had a sleep for 2 hours. I guess cutting out soyamilk means my body is probably more intolerant now.

In debt busting news not a lot has happened - I haven't managed to do many surveys but will try to do some today as the weather is horrid here and we cant go to the field or allotment.
    I have however been accepted on to my local water companies panel to discuss issues - there are various online discussions with rewards in Amazon vouchers. Am part way through a discussion with another 2 activities to go and will then get £20!!

The bank account is looking shocking - all the extra expenditure from the animal account has not helped but I have just withdrawn money from Paypal from selling stamps but it was only £15 but better than nothing.

DH has received a letter from the company which I cancelled the standing order from - the balance has come down since 2014 and they are offering 50% full and final - this debt is not on his credit report, I think it might be an old business account. So we need to decide whether to do the 50% which is about £350 or use £350 to reduce a debt which is on the credit report so it looks better when we apply for a mortgage.
    I think we will go with the first option and get rid of another debt but any thoughts welcome.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh forgot the most important thing...our moneysaving is going to take a slight hit as DD is moving schools and will be attending a private school.

This is the place where DH works and his payrise will cover some of the cost.

There have been various issues with teachers, a certain pupil and her friendship group that we don't think can be sorted. We did bring the issue to the schools attention and had a meeting with the deputy head but I think things have gone too far and its best if she has a completely new start now that she will be Year 10 and needs to concentrate on her exams.

I feel I should remove myself from Frugalwoods' Ultra Frugal Month Challenge as it certainly isn't that!!!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    HI EE.

I think you right regarding the debt maybe just pay the 50% and then its gone and not hanging over DH.

As for your daughter, I agree you have done the right thing, as you said she is going into her exams years and needs to be in a good, happy place to concentrate. Sometimes it's not about the money but the health and happiness of your family that counts.

Take care.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    HI EE.

I think you right regarding the debt maybe just pay the 50% and then its gone and not hanging over DH.

As for your daughter, I agree you have done the right thing, as you said she is going into her exams years and needs to be in a good, happy place to concentrate. Sometimes it's not about the money but the health and happiness of your family that counts.

Take care.x.

Totally agree Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,298 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup - I agree too xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Me three.

Hope you've had a nice day x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You have to do what is best for your DD.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad you're getting your diet and wellbeing sorted so it suits you better - horrible to be feeling so ill. Hope bank account perks up soon too xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Keep on doing what you do EE, usually your instincts are right.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Keep on doing what you do EE, usually your instincts are right.

Totally agree x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport