CCJ After DRO

Options
LouR
LouR Posts: 50 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hi all, I successfully started a DRO about 4/5 years ago, today I received a CCJ regarding one of the debts listed in the DRO. It's an official CCJ.

I'm not sure how long the DRO lasts as I'm not finding my name when I search the gov website so that's worrying me a bit. I do remember searching it a few years back and seeing my name.

I don't have the original paper work or confirmation of the DRO so was wondering how I can find this information?

This company has sent me threatening letter ever since the DRO but I've never responded. I thought they wouldn't pursue someone with a DRO.

Any help advice would really help.
Thank you all.

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Just claim form? N1

Or an actual CCJ. Judgment for claimant.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    How do you get an 'official' CCJ without going to court??!!
  • LouR
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Just claim form? N1

Or an actual CCJ. Judgment for claimant.

Sorry it's a claim form, also with a defense and admission form.
    Thank you all.
  • NorthFin
    NorthFin Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    LouR wrote: »
    Hi all, I successfully started a DRO about 4/5 years ago, today I received a CCJ regarding one of the debts listed in the DRO. It's an official CCJ.

I'm not sure how long the DRO lasts as I'm not finding my name when I search the gov website so that's worrying me a bit. I do remember searching it a few years back and seeing my name.

I don't have the original paper work or confirmation of the DRO so was wondering how I can find this information?

This company has sent me threatening letter ever since the DRO but I've never responded. I thought they wouldn't pursue someone with a DRO.

Any help advice would really help.

Have you told them recently you did a DRO and they were included?

I wouldnt worry about it, just ignore until the court date and then show up (if it comes to that) and tell them the debt was in your DRO.

Can you remember who was your intermediary? They will surely be able to provide you with necessary documentation.
  • fermi
    Options
    LouR wrote: »
    Sorry it's a claim form, also with a defense and admission form.

OK.

YOU MUST NOT IGNORE!

You can acknowledge the service saying you are going to defend in full. That gives you 28 days to get the correct info to include in the defence rather than 14. May not be required, but it does no harm anyway.

You would then defend in full on the basis that the debt is covered by a DRO, pointing out that the creditor has been informed of this fact on x occasions.

May be able to get details of the DRO from the DRO unit. Will try to find out.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• LouR
    Options
    Thanks a lot to all replies. I've just tipped the house upside down looking for my proof but I think it was shredded a few months ago :/
    Thank you all.
  • LouR
    Options
    NorthFin wrote: »
    Have you told them recently you did a DRO and they were included?

I wouldnt worry about it, just ignore until the court date and then show up (if it comes to that) and tell them the debt was in your DRO.

Can you remember who was your intermediary? They will surely be able to provide you with necessary documentation.

I haven't spoke to anyone yet. I had it in my head if I call or respond to the debt collectors that can open me up to troubles.
    Thank you all.
  • fermi
    Options
    Not sure about contact details for the Insolvency Service DRO units yet, but I'm told regards details of the DRO that.

"the intermediary will also still have it in their online archive."

• fermi
    Options
    Last bit of info I had. May not be 100% up to date.

The Debt Relief Order Team
    Insolvency Service
    1st Floor, Cobourg House
    Mayflower Street
    Plymouth
    PL1 1DJ
    Tel: 01752 635200
    Fax: 01752 635222
    Email: [EMAIL="DRO.Unit@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk"]DRO.Unit@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

• LouR
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Last bit of info I had. May not be 100% up to date.

The Debt Relief Order Team
    Insolvency Service
    1st Floor, Cobourg House
    Mayflower Street
    Plymouth
    PL1 1DJ
    Tel: 01752 635200
    Fax: 01752 635222
    Email: [EMAIL="DRO.Unit@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk"]DRO.Unit@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]
    Just spoke to them via the number you provided and they're sending me another copy :)

I'm assuming I'll then send a defense with a copy of the DRO and hopefully that will be all.

Thank you, and everyone so much for your help. I'll keep yous updated.
    Thank you all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport