Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    CT..your cards are always lovely and are certainly good enough to sell
    I always print full verse inserts except for kids cards then I just find a really funky font for happy birthday
    If you need any inserts let me know and I will send you some files

I will look in Dunhelm thanks for the tip, I would never have thoguth to look in there

Rainmac ...Luckily I had already had a card making session before she aske for the box but now I want to put more Mother Day cards in but Im struggling to think of ideas, I also want to put more mens cards but without doign more flippin men ones ideas have also left me for those too

Ive uploaded my new batch of cards ..ther are too may to put all of them up so here are just a couple the rest are on http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m373/SaveaPenny/cards/ the first19 or 20 are the new ones Ive made about 40 but alot are duplicates

Shes also goin gto try and sell my nappy cakes as well so fingers crossed I get some orders for those I will be so chuffed if I do

Here are a couple

My favourite one
    DSCF0080.jpg

First stitching one in ages..sorry ts a bit blured
    DSCF0065-1.jpg

Or this one is my favourite I cant decide
    DSCF0058-1.jpg
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    saveapenny all your cards are beautiful and all so different, I like the melon one, I thought it was very quirky, the baby cot as if it was in a room was so clever but the 60th anniverary book card was just fabulous and I think my favourite. I loved the verse in it too.
    Wishing you good luck with the selling.

Flourgirl, wishing you well with the cardmaking class. Hope you enjoy as much as they will.
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Saveapenny - good luck with the nappy cakes. Have you got any pics so that we can have a look? Great mother's day cards, the melon one is fab - really original, great for Mums that aren't into flowers. I love how you've used the ribbon on the rose card too! I'll check out your other pics now. I was tempted by the granola and ambrosia bits on the docrafts sale as I love those ranges, buti'd have to find the paper cheap to do with them.
    Flourgirl - good luck with your class - I'll bet they'll love it. Do you have to provide all of the materials?
  • melissa75_2
    Options
    Saveapenny - fab cards, I love the butterfly ones and the noah's ark one!
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    This weeks efforts hope you like them

IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
  • melissa75_2
    Options
    Flourgirl - lovely cards. Your men ones are fab, I always struggle making them. I love the stitched ones they look like they must take you ages! I might try and dig my stitching stencils out now that I've seen the effects you get with yours.
  • flourgirl
    Options
    saveapenny all your cards are beautiful,:T can't choose a favourite cos they are all my favourites. The ones with the ribbons are so feminine. Love the funky butterflies:T :T :T :T
  • flourgirl
    Options
    Melissa have a look at these they are free to download

http://www.stitchingcards.com/section.php?xSec=5

http://www.form-a-lines.com/free-patterns.php
  • flourgirl
    Options
    http://www.form-a-lines.com/free-patterns.php

Sorry that last link didn't work.

Yes I am providing the materials (lots of free downloads too) will report later maybe with pictures
  • mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ct- love the cards really personal well done
    Gemm85 -those cards are really pretty my fave is the butterfly one
    Saveapenny- lovely cards as always.The melon one is fave
    Flourgirl- your cards are lovely i wish i had the patience to stitch on mine
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport