Water:Is it possible for a temporary disconnect?

Options

Comments

• joeshmo
    Options
    And as regards the 'should have enabled it', they just needed to check previous correspondence and what occurred.

Apologies with the brackets-it seems to be a common occurrence in my internet dealings-the open bracket, oh wheres the closed bracket..yes i can see what is happening and yes the whole thing was cut and pasted across from elsewhere(and written carefully) because i am used to logout timeouts occurring on the internet.

Apologies with the one word which seems to have found itself to the top of one post.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,601 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Started skim reading at post 10 and gave up at 12....

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• joeshmo
    Options
    Good for you. Glad you made it to the post button..its those weetabix right
    (rhetorical !! (which means you've all ready shown your lack of interest but weird need to post- thus no need for you to post in this thread any further but i'm pretty sure your friends will be along. Really recommend you look down a thread to see how large it is in future incase you run out of stamina again) and apologies for the change which has probably occurred-he posted for a reason, my post was understandable and fine when i posted it.)
  • joeshmo
    joeshmo Posts: 51 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2016 at 2:43PM
    Options
    Today is September 27th and i still havent received the firm dates letter from edf energy for pencilled in appointment at the end of the month.i sent on September 23rd to her that (after our convo in live chat and her reaffirmationby email at the end of the convo), the letter she said would be sent DID NOT turn up. (text removed by MSE Forum Team) yes i am not lost on her name, and yes i am probably being messed with. It says (text removed by MSE Forum Team) At base of her acknowledgement post live chat email but the 'from' at top states (text removed by MSE Forum Team) . She did not reply so i have just sent to her again.
    And guys, the bit about the transcript, i selected yes and it did not show but (text removed by MSE Forum Team) 'live chat immediately after' email did that she said she would send. And ys it sounds a mess and it is but it is understandable when you realise there is 2 !!!!ups here and its a report on a report which the poor yucky people i feel are doing on purpose...
    Reference Account Number 673109493150 -thats my edf account number for those reading- sorry edf but i am fed up of your deliberate nastiness and i suggest everyone write down the number because i am viewing it now as a case of harassment...

*1. yes i know there is an option for transcript at end of live chat conversations and that transcript did not turn up but her email which she said she would send did- i would have had both
  • joeshmo
    Options
    The live chat and email reply acknowledging the live chat was september 14th where she said a letter would be sent.
  • joeshmo
    Options
    So good of them to remove the *1 in main piece..still being messed with
  • joeshmo
    joeshmo Posts: 51 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2016 at 2:44PM
    Options
    Err no i must apologise. I own the house. I am going on protracted holiday abroad as you are aware. I understand if you cannot reduce the direct debit to zero but please explain why you are closing the account on a house which WILL NEED THE WATER back in future. I have a feeling some funny goings on are occurring here. Err no thankyou. Please explain why the account cannot be kept active whilst you cancel the direct debit that you have said. Yes this makes me nervous for the reason i have just said- that account represents my house- it will need the water back in future, please explain to a satisfactory amount why you need to close it. I hope i have explained to an amount which does not confuse you!! Thanks.

Xxxxxx
    Homeowner xxxxxxxx

On Wednesday, 28 September 2016, <Contact_Us@yorkshirewater.com> wrote:
    (Our Ref: )

Customer reference number 29123 4563 48497 9

Good afternoon Xxxxxxx

Thank you for your emails received on 23 September 2016.

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with our previous reply and that we didn't
    make it clear about charging in advance. I agree with your comments and
    appreciate how confusing this must be for you.

Charging in advance:
    Just to confirm, our unmetered charges are due in advance and we send a
    bill each year for charges from 1 April to 31 March. To help, we give our
    customer's the choice to spread their costs and pay by instalments. As you
    pay over twelve instalments you're paying for your charges each month.
    This means, for example, if you went away on 28 November 2016 after we've
    taken your November payment there may be a small credit as you'll have paid
    to the end of the month.

What you need to do:
    You're right it's a simple process, all you need to do is get in touch with
    us 14 days before you plan to go on holiday. (We don't usually shut off
    the supply or close the account if customers are going on holiday but as
    you're going away to be away for a long period we're happy to do this for
    you, on this occasion).

What happens next:
    Once we have an exact date from you we'll arrange for one of our team to
    visit your home to turn off your supply free of charge. We can't keep your
    direct debit live and reduce your payments to zero, so we'll close your
    account and will let you know if there's a credit or balance. We'll then
    cancel your direct debit, so there's no need for you to do this.

Returning home:
    Just let us know when you're coming home (we'll need 14 days notice) and
    we'll arrange for your supply to be turned back on. There's no charge for
    this. We'll then set up a new account and direct debit for you.

If you've any questions:
    If you'd like to talk to us please call my colleague, (text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Thanks again for getting in touch and for giving us the chance to explain.
    I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Regards

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    Head of Customer Service
    Yup i left the customer reference number in
  • joeshmo
    Options
    two emails because their first actual content paragraph was inflammatory..i sent to them saying i wasnt happy then carried on reading the rest and emailed. And if you don't believe me read the tone of his latest message..oh diddums shaznaz is that what you are saying coochi coochi coo.
  • joeshmo
    Options
    As regards post number 12, scratch the point 8 which i mentioned to be looked into. Just did a check on their site. Not just a quick account balance check only. When i looked on their site it brought home and made me recall what occurred before. Not bothered if they change or reduce the features now. Got suckered in to looking-but anyway i had one of the red physical secure keys(mininumber pads)- not a problem with password, login 110 number, etc, yet once inside and looking my details would regularly change from one looking at it to another ref transaction dates recently past, debit details, how the credit card was referred to- i was happy to put up with it because it wasnt the actual device. Think i must have sat on first one because i noticed the little screen had cracked when i pulled it out of a front jeans/dark chinos pocket after a fair bit of use and on noticing straight away went and ordered a new one. i was using it regularly, better than nothing and the expected transaction was showing(just particular transaction dates WHEN seemed to change) and by regularly looking, i mean it was looked at several times a month-i even think i looked at it 2 or 3 times from out and about(internet cafe) but was mainly at home. I straight away got a replacement on the first ones cracked screen but never ended up getting the replacement up and running...just thought why bother...back and forth and then settle on how it should be, or so i thought, ie my paper bank statement. As i say i put up with what was happening but being abroad it will be totally different-almost like a call from the police who have broken into your house if things start being different everytime i look on a check. I swear this the truth, and i am being honest..dont believe me, how often does dirty dealing and yuck occur at you-doubt you would cope with what is occurring here. I will just keep an open transaction log
  • joeshmo
    Options
    For those wondering if it ever occurs to you, when bad things/stalling/interference happen to you on a regular basis, almost every process/action, old things get forgotten about/processed 'finished with' as you suffer more indignations..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure