NHS worker since 1999? Are you due £1,000s of tax back

Options

Comments

• Loulou70
    Options
    did you receive a bursery/student loan as a undergraduate or were you paid a training wage taking you over the threshold for tax and insurance ?
    May need to ring hmrc to ask if you qualify Tom Hes
  • Carlyth
    Options
    Still waiting to hear about my refund. Filled out the appropriate forms given by my trust in November and sent them back. Haven't heard anything yet. I was told there is a 10 week wait
  • Dennie39
    Options
    Hi, I have been employed by an NHS trust for the last 7 and a half years, I did a Foundation Degree Course whilst working as a Band 3 but was classed as a full time student. I am now a band 4 doing a Work Based Learning Degree in Adult Nursing (BsC), also classed as a full time student. Would I be able to claim these refunds ?
  • Rachelg88
    Options
    Hi

Anyone claimed tax back for scphn course full time over a year.

I have to apply through my trust due to being after 2013(2015-2016). But i was on 25k not 15k which the guidnace stares. So just wondering if i can still claim.

Thanks
  • Pen11
    Options
    Did you get anywhere with this? We TUPE transferred to our local authority and despite still being funded by HEE and paying NHS pensions, we have been told that it's a no for us because we are not NHS employee's!
  • Pen11
    Options
    Gah it's not letting me edit. Not technological minded at all!

Has anyone who is no longer employeed by an NHS trust managed to claim? We were tupe transfered and I have to admit, it sticks in my throat that a year ago we would have received it, but now we can't!
  • butterfly72
    butterfly72 Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    So...I've had a letter from HMRC regarding a refund of NI. I didn't actually request this as I'd decided to not claim NI as not to lose years. Anyway, the total refund is £645 for a 3 year course. I've just added up the NI contributions from my payslips and they add upto £3200! A massive difference.
    I think a call to HMRC and my trust is due tomorrow.
    £2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
  • elaine_88
    Options
    booksurr wrote: »
    LOL, it will be you, me, and everyone else whose tax is paid into the "system" who will be funding this

it will doubtless be a vain hope that those promoting this loophole are not on a % based "commission" from the the amounts recovered from us, the taxpayers

and yes I accept that is a circular argument if you are an NHS employee, but then "you" have "never had it so good"

HANG ON!! It's money I have already paid to HMRC and I want it back. Ok we all pay into the NHS thriugh our NI but surely the whole point of doing these teaining courses is to improve our knowledge thereby improving the service and treatment you receive through the NHS. That is all paid for with your NI. We have to have some incentive to doing these courses.
  • elaine_88
    Options
    Dennie39 wrote: »
    Hi, I have been employed by an NHS trust for the last 7 and a half years, I did a Foundation Degree Course whilst working as a Band 3 but was classed as a full time student. I am now a band 4 doing a Work Based Learning Degree in Adult Nursing (BsC), also classed as a full time student. Would I be able to claim these refunds ?

There are lots of people in your circumstances in our trust who have had pay outs so Id apply if I were you
  • elaine_88
    Options
    Carlyth wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear about my refund. Filled out the appropriate forms given by my trust in November and sent them back. Haven't heard anything yet. I was told there is a 10 week wait

I am in same situation. I have found out my Trust has to send our cases off to HMRC before the end of this tax year so in March. Apparently it then takes HMRC anither three months to process it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure