IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cockhedge Parking Fine

Options

Comments

• Duncan_Nimock
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yep, hence why my first quesition these days to ParkingEye victims at appeal stage is as above, does their PCN have a blank space/nowt about the POFA.

Hooray - note to everyone, we are seeing a lot of these and need to ask OPs every time! These should be slam dunk wins at POPLA stage.

You will win if we get POPLA right and you appeal ONLY as the keeper, not replying if they write & ask who was driving. You will win because there will be no evidence that the appellant keeper at POPLA stage was the driver liable.

Simple as that (should be). PE might give up at POPLA stage when they see a decent appeal.

Count yourself lucky for a late PCN with no keeper liability possible - two questions:

- this isn't a hire car, is it? If so we'd need slightly different POPLA wording for you.

- what was the event date and what was the 'date issued?

Hi thanks for that - it isn't a hire car - I am the registered keeper - my wife was driving.

- event date was 05/09/2016 ( arrival time 10:51 dep time 14:23 ) - date issued is 30/09/2016 - this appears to be well past the 14 days - we only received the PCN in the post last week.
  • paulstevens64
    Options
    Do not say who was driving!!!!!

Edit your post now
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Doesn't matter as the OP has not given the name & address of his wife. He'll win at POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Duncan_Nimock
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Doesn't matter as the OP has not given the name & address of his wife. He'll win at POPLA.

Will Parking Eye respond to my first appeal to them? What happens next?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Will Parking Eye respond to my first appeal to them? What happens next?

They have 35 days to do so.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Duncan_Nimock
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    They have 35 days to do so.

OK will post again when I receive it. Many thanks for everyones help so far.
  • Fumingfury
    Options
    Hi, sorry to hear of your predicament. We're in the same boat and I was wondering if you've had any success in your appeal? We paid for parking at Cockhedge. The machine gave us a receipt which unfortunately we didn't keep.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Fumingfury wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to hear of your predicament. We're in the same boat and I was wondering if you've had any success in your appeal? We paid for parking at Cockhedge. The machine gave us a receipt which unfortunately we didn't keep.

He will win. Your case isn't the same, none are. We have a 'one case, one thread' rule which helps everyone to get bespoke advice.

You need to start your own thread because your PCN may not match the one with the blank space as shown in the earlier link. Start a new thread and tell us if it matches or if yours has the POFA /29 days/'keeper will be liable' wording.
  • Duncan_Nimock
    Options
    Have now received my unsuccessful appeal from Parking Eye and I now have a POPLA ref. It states that their records that insufficient time was paid for on the date in question but offers no proof of this. They have also offered to extend the discount period for a further 14 days lol. Theres also an enclosed letter detailing how they won in court against Beavis. Also on the POPLA bit of the letter the grounds for appeal section, number 5 states " I was not the driver or the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the alleged improper parking". Can they still enforce this as the registered keeper after what was posted earlier on my thread?

What is the way forward now? Thanks for all your help so far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Well you won't be using the POPLA letter because we write long appeals as a word document then upload it under 'OTHER' on the POPLA website (ONLY 'other').

You have no reason to worry, not they can't hold a keeper liable.

I was writing a POPLA appeal for a local contact so I've amended it for your case, all you need to do is add your POPLA code and name in the header, read it to check I've not misstated anything, then save it as a PDF and upload it to POPLA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lukk13xep4s6ckz/Appeal%20v%20ParkingEye%20-%20POPLA%20November%202016.docx?dl=0

That can be adapted again and again for other cases - but points 1 and 2 are suitable only if a 'blank space' non-POFA NTK has been served later than day 14.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure