Laser Hair Removal Didn't Work - what are my rights?

Options

Comments

• Surf123UK
    Surf123UK Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    She offers only laser hair removal treatments and facials and sells retail products that she uses for her facials and there's no record of her/her business name on the website you suggested
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you sign a consent form?
    Is she a member of a trade association? Did she have insurance?
  • Surf123UK
    Options
    I don't recall signing a consent form, no. I've no idea if she's a member of a trade association or has insurance. She works from a room at the back of her house and I don't recall seeing any certificates or paperwork. I didn't even know her business name or surname until I researched her address
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Surf123UK wrote: »
    I don't recall signing a consent form, no. I've no idea if she's a member of a trade association or has insurance. She works from a room at the back of her house and I don't recall seeing any certificates or paperwork. I didn't even know her business name or surname until I researched her address

I would be passing her information on to he local council, her licence should be on display as should her certificates confirming her laser removal qualification.
  • hollydays
    Options
    I doubt she needs any qualifications in truth.
  • GwylimT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    I doubt she needs any qualifications in truth.

By law they need a patients records book showing all treatments given, they need at least a level 3 NVQ in laser hair removal, they must conform to COSHH, written consent is needed before treatment, have a sign outside the room alerting people to the presence of the laser equipment, she needs a registration of healthcare certificate, a one day training course on the specific equipment she uses and insurance, they now have to register with CQC in most areas of the UK.

She needs much more than qualifications!
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reading here https://howtobearedhead.com/can-redheads-get-laser-hair-removal/

It does explain that it is possible with redheads but will take a lot longer, it also recommends sessions in relatively close succession will have better results and each session will last longer than for a darker haired person.

Considering you had ten sessions spread out between Feb 2016 and June 2017 that is 10 sessions spread over 16 months that's not may not be enough for the treatment to be particularly effective for your skin and hair.

To be able to get a refund you would need to prove that she has done something wrong rather than you just being unhappy with the results especially considering the above and that she did tell you it could take 12 or more sessions to work for you and you have stopped after 10.

Do you have any before and after photos to compare? It can be difficult to see differences yourself over a long time as the changes are gradual are you certain there has been no improvement at all?
  • hollydays
    edited 12 July 2017 at 7:19PM
    Options
    GwylimT wrote: »
    By law they need a patients records book showing all treatments given, they need at least a level 3 NVQ in laser hair removal, they must conform to COSHH, written consent is needed before treatment, have a sign outside the room alerting people to the presence of the laser equipment, she needs a registration of healthcare certificate, a one day training course on the specific equipment she uses and insurance, they now have to register with CQC in most areas of the UK.

She needs much more than qualifications!

Can you give a link to that
    The cosmetic treatment industry is notoriously unregulated.
  • Surf123UK
    Options
    Unfortunately no I don't have any before / after photos. Thanks for all your helpful advice, seems like I don't have much in the way of rights for any money back.
  • GwylimT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Can you give a link to that
    The cosmetic treatment industry is notoriously unregulated.

http://www.healthcentre.org.uk/laser-hair-removal/lhr-legal-requirements.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure