New Teacher

Options
Hi my child has had a new 121 teacher started on Monday when I dropped my child off at the classroom door I asked the existing 121 teacher were is the new 121 and she said she has not arrived yet but will be here soon. Its now Tuesday and the new 121 teacher still has not been introduced to me it seems a bit wrong to me that the school have not introduced here yet I don't want to ask the school again as I feel its not my job.

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Actually, it is your job to ensure that your child receives a suitable education.
    To what extent you want to pursue that job is up to you.

I agree that you shouldn't have to chase the school about this. But ulitmately, the person who is most likely to stick up for your child is you. So if something needs sorting for your child then why not sort it yourself?

I'd suggest arranging a meeting with the class teacher or senco and see what the plan is. They may be concentrating on getting your child used to this teacher before introducing them to you. Or they may have completely forgotten about you. Either way, I'd be hopeful that with open communication it will get sorted.
  • croyland87
    croyland87 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    I want to ask my child's school to part time him not for not introducing the new teacher it is for another reason if I said to them that I want child to attend Mon to Thur 8.40 am to 12 and not at all on a Friday as a suggestion would they agree or can someone give me a better idea on part timing. Thank you
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    How old is your child?
    Is he in a mainstream school?
    Does he have a Statement?
  • croyland87
    Options
    How old is your child?
    Is he in a mainstream school?
    Does he have a Statement?

He is in year 1 will be 6 in april
    Yes he is in a mainstream school
    Yes he does have a statement

Thank you
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    I'd say make an appointment to see the senco.
    One problem is that there is no provision in the law to educate a child part time in school and part time "otherwise" - e.g. you can't home school a child part time.

But equally I would like to think that if he has a statement that the school will be happy to hear suggestions as to how to make school life easier for him. Whether they are allowed to go with your plan, though, I don't know. But no harm in asking.
  • croyland87
    Options
    I'd say make an appointment to see the senco.
    One problem is that there is no provision in the law to educate a child part time in school and part time "otherwise" - e.g. you can't home school a child part time.

But equally I would like to think that if he has a statement that the school will be happy to hear suggestions as to how to make school life easier for him. Whether they are allowed to go with your plan, though, I don't know. But no harm in asking.

He has a 121 support teacher now because he has PWS and autism the school rewarded him with sweets which they should of not done. The school have now employed another 121 teacher who has experience with children who have Autism and PWS so he is currently having 2 teachers helping him the school say that they are fully trained in my child's conditions but I feel that there not. I spoken to the local authority about it and they say that its between me and the school. But I really want to part time my child for his health and well being but I know that the school is going to say no to part timing my child I am not saying not get rid of the new teacher keep her but on a part time basis.

This is my situation which I really don't know what to do about.
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    I can't see the school agreeing to let him go part time because of your concerns for his well-being there. That's sort of like them admitting that they can't keep him safe.
    But at the same time I can totally imagine why you would want to do that, at least for a while.

Do you have a Family Support Worker or Lead Professional or some-such?
  • croyland87
    Options
    I can't see the school agreeing to let him go part time because of your concerns for his well-being there. That's sort of like them admitting that they can't keep him safe.
    But at the same time I can totally imagine why you would want to do that, at least for a while.

Do you have a Family Support Worker or Lead Professional or some-such?

Yes we do have a family support worker. I no that the school will react but its only until July and in Sept he goes to a special school.
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    What does your family support worker think?

Have you considered full-time home schooling until July?
  • croyland87
    Options
    What does your family support worker think?

Have you considered full-time home schooling until July?

My support worker says that the school might say yes or they might defend it by saying that they have a experienced teacher now.

Full time home schooling is something I had thought about because we also have Social Services involved someone said to me that it can make them more suspicious so I dont want to go down that road.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure