🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2009 part 2

Options

Comments

• luci
    luci Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    September
    ratkarth wrote: »
    amazing phantomoffer
    gutted ive booked all hotels and shows
    am tempted though now...
    is 3 shows excesive in one visit?

Are you kidding? No way.

It depend how long you are there for, but we have done 4 evening shows and a couple of afternoon shows over 7 nights.

We are going for 13 nights in September, have 3 shows booked so far and another 8(!) pencilled in, inlcuding 2 afternoon shows. We will probably end up doing 6 evening and 1 afternoon.

I also received the email from the Venetian and think the Phantom offer is a great deal. I'm tempted even though we've seen it before. Hubby really enjoyed it, but I kept nodding off due to jetlag.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    December ( including Xmas and New Year )
    And, advertised flights......eg 3 Jly 09, Virgin are offering flights for say £374 in Nov 09 from Gatwick.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    September
    I WANNA UPDATE THE POLL WITH MY NEW DATES!!:j

Trets, is there any way the poll can be amended to allow additional dates to be added?
  • CvPiper
    CvPiper Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    May
    luci wrote: »
    Well after posting last night that you could only vote once in the poll, I really didn't expect to need to vote again so soon.

I've just booked this morning to go back 30 April - 14 May!!! Woooo hooo!! My birthday trip.

When I saw on here that BA had a sale I went to the site and priced it. Got a price of £596 which was more than I got a couple of weeks ago.

However I got the email from BA and using the link in the email the flights came out at £470 each. They were £379 without the Aberdeen add on.

Now I want to update the poll with my new trip!!

Thats practically the same as I was quoted earlier, we get married here on the 15th May, so will be flying in the week etc, might book these tonight I think :rolleyes:
  • CvPiper
    CvPiper Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    May
    P.s. Have you sorted any accomodation yet, it looks a bit early from the offers, perhaps I will look at that again around September to book for May 2010.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    December ( including Xmas and New Year )
    Are you kidding? No way.

It depend how long you are there for, but we have done 4 evening shows and a couple of afternoon shows over 7 nights.

We are going for 13 nights in September, have 3 shows booked so far and another 8(!) pencilled in, inlcuding 2 afternoon shows. We will probably end up doing 6 evening and 1 afternoon.

I also received the email from the Venetian and think the Phantom offer is a great deal. I'm tempted even though we've seen it before. Hubby really enjoyed it, but I kept nodding off due to jetlag.

So did I!!!

Wasnt the theatre fab. And all those dummies down the side in the private boxes.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I WANNA UPDATE THE POLL WITH MY NEW DATES!!:j

Trets, is there any way the poll can be amended to allow additional dates to be added?

i don't know . :confused:

try asking Lorweld who closed the last thread ( find him as the last post on part 1 ) or Crabman the travel board Mod .
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • davidmcg2u
    davidmcg2u Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 July 2009 at 2:59PM
    Options
    September
    Hi guys,

Looking at booking a trip to New York + Vegas in September as I'm going to see The Killers in MB on 19th.

Thought I had it all sussed out with Expedia for flights & City and Show for accomodation. I tried to work out flights so I had max. time in bioh cities by arriving early afternoon.

Plan is (hopefully) as follows:

15/9 - Glasgow - New York
    3 nights at The New Yorker @ £307

18/9 New York - Las Vegas
    5 nights at Mirage £334

BTW - 4 nights in Palazzo from 18th is £325 - very tempted but for extra £9 get to stay an extra night in Vegas at the Mirage!

23/9 Las Vegas - Edinburgh via New York (1hr 10min change)

Flights were working in at £932 for both of us flighing with Continental but when I went in last nght to book they jumped £200 & stayed like this for about 2 hours. Then I checked just before I went to bed & back to original price - left it with intentions of sorting it all today whilst I was awake!!

Anyway have just checked & the flights now up to £1052. Do you think they keep moving automatically because of the interest show - ie the fact that I have been checking prices all week?

I have booked hotels with Expedia but never flights so no experience with that.

Also, the flight home, the arrival into NY only gives me just over an hour to change - is this too risky? There is another flight but this would give me 3-4 hours in NY waiting on our connection.

Oh and out of curiosity has any stayed at New Yorker?

Thanks!
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    Options
    July
    david i was pricing continental flights for a few weeks before we finally booked. On expedia the prices fluctuated by around £150-200 constantly during that time, even within the same day so keep checking. I booked with netflights in the end, as they had the cheapest price so might be worth checking them out as well ? Also check continentals website as well, although for the flights we wanted they were more expensive but on other dates they were the same price as expedia/netflights.
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    October , November
    davidmcg2u wrote: »
    Also, the flight home, the arrival into NY only gives me just over an hour to change - is this too risky? There is another flight but this would give me 3-4 hours in NY waiting on our connection.

I personally would not touch a connecting flight without at least 2 hours between...we used to fly via ERW on Continental quite a lot but even if you don't have a terminal change and even if your bags are checked through, 1:10 doesn't give a lot of time for any delays at all...if it all goes to schedule, it's probably fine...but if not it could be a lot of hectic rushing (which I hate)...I suppose that if the inbound flight causes you to miss the connection, they'll have to get you home somehow.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport