IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

CEL parking defence help!?

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 October 2017 at 11:13PM
    Options
    in that case I believe that it is inadmissible due to not being dated and signed

plus there are errors on it like the claim form date etc
  • 777ade777
    Options
    How long does it take for you to hear back from the court? on average...

I'm proper nervous tbh, wish i would of posted first, lesson learned.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    when did you submit your defence? And why didn't you ask for advice before sending it rather than after?

You need to call the court first thing Monday and ask them if they have/will accept your defence as sent. Let's hope they say 'yes' coz it'll cost you £255 to amend it.
  • 777ade777
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    in that case I believe that it is inadmissible due to not being dated and signed

plus there are errors on it like the claim form date etc

I see, what happens if it comes to that? How do i go forward...
  • Redx
    Options
    does your paperwork defence form have boxes that need to be dated and signed ?
  • 777ade777
    Options
    Lamilad wrote: »
    when did you submit your defence? And why didn't you ask for advice before sending it rather than after?

You need to call the court first thing Monday and ask them if they have/will accept your defence as sent. Let's hope they say 'yes' coz it'll cost you £255 to amend it.

Sorry just so its clear, call the court and ask them if this can disregard the first defence and accept another??
  • 777ade777
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    does your paperwork defence form have boxes that need to be dated and signed ?

Not to my knowledge, it said i could do everything online.
  • Redx
    Options
    yes , and dont rush it if you get a second chance

tell them its not signed and so you believe it is void and should be discarded

meanwhile , start on your draft defence so you have something ready to go that is approved

if you have acknowledged on line (AOS) then you have 28 days to get it drafted

you dont want to be spending £255 just to alter your flawed defence
  • Redx
    edited 14 October 2017 at 11:37PM
    Options
    777ade777 wrote: »
    Not to my knowledge, it said i could do everything online.
    are you saying that in the bundle you received there is no defence form that can be filled in , signed and dated and posted back to the CCBC ?

ARE YOU SURE ?

some people dont have the internet or cannot use it so they normally alllow paperwork in the old fashioned way

edit

I have just checked and downloaded N9b and in section 5 you date and sign the paper form that you print out
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    777ade777 wrote: »
    Sorry just so its clear, call the court and ask them if this can disregard the first defence and accept another??

This is why I asked you when you sent it. If it was a few days ago then it will have already been sent to the claimant and there's no chance of you asking them to ignore it.

If it was tonight then they may not have processed by the time you ring them mon morning so, maybe (and it's a big maybe), you could ask if they'll 'disregard' it and allow you to send another - which I suggest you do immediately after putting the phone down (hence Redx advice to starting redrafting now)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport