PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily - Sunday 7th October 2012

Options

Comments

• forever_saving
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Frosty start here too. It is very foggy now, can't see the bottom of the garden. I think it is supposed to be a nice day though.
    Dd's eyelashes and eyebrows have all fallen out again, she woke up without them yesterday. Her hair looks a little thinner too in places. She has to see the dermatologist next Monday. I don't think there is alot they can do but we had the appointment sent through a couple of months ago.
    Dinner will be chicken with potatoes and veg. We still have two and half sacks of hg potatoes to get through. Half of the chest freezer is full of hg veg.
    Housework and ironing to do today. Need to bake some bits for lunch boxes for during the week.
    Bitsy, glad your trip went well.
    Moorhen, good luck to your dd playing in her netball match.
    nmlc, it's nice when you can treat yourself.
    I hope everyone has a good day and hugs to those who need them.
    FS x
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, nippy but sunny here today so washing is on the line. Jack and Loki walked and fed so they are now snoozing. Have to do my school planning , then a quick trip to Mr T and then I'm planning to sew. DS will cook the dinner , we picked up a bit of lamb at the shops yesterday , it was quite dear but we don't often have it. Hugs to all in need esp JackieO , hope you feel better today. FB glad your vertigo is better. Glad the kids enjoyed the trip to Bath Bitsy, travelling is exhausting so have an easy day today, your parents are lovely to do the decorating for you. Foreversaving hope the dermatologist can help your DD, my DD who is 21 suffers from psoriasis which is mainly on her face and nothing seems to help it. She gets very down as she has to wear make up to cover it up and it's painful at times. Have a good day all and welcome to kowloon boy:)Moorhen good luck to your DD at the netball match.
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Not too cold here but very very foggy.

Everyone is still in bed and I have a few minutes peace for a quick surf ;)
    Still haven't put the heating on :D
    We were talking last night about putting a wood burning stove in, but it has to be a Defra approved one with back boiler because we live in a smokeless zone and oh what a surprise it costs double the price :mad: But that will be after we have had the front windows done and have saved enough to do it, but we definitely are going to.

DD didn't want her strawberries and cream last night so guess what I am having at the moment for brekkie nomnomnom :D

Welcome kowloonboy

Dinner tonight is roast chicken etc and everyone has requested a magic chocolate pudding for dessert.
    BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all,

Having a lazy start, in bed with coffee and OH waiting to watch Andrew Marr.

Will strip and wash bed in a bit and chuck stew stuff in SC, ironing and work/school stuff to sort later.

Lovely and bright here this morning, cold though.

Have a fab day all xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all - bright and sunny here. Having a quiet weekend with Mum staying. She watched the Downton Abbey episodes she'd missed, then we watched The Rebound, The Holiday and My Weekend With Marilyn. I think she appreciates the Sky package and the DVDs we have :) Dinner was roast pork, roasties, parsnips, cabbage and peas, with gravy and applesauce. I'm doing lasagna for lunch, and probably sandwiches for tea, and getting Mum home before Downton this evening. Apart from that, nothing special planned - might finally sort out two bags of paperwork. She's just put in an order for poached eggs for breakfast :)

The cats have discovered a little bag of herbs we had hanging from a dreamcatcher and are taking it in turns to roll on it.

Have a good day everyone :)
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    morning all

bright and sunny here today
    ive got DD2s bedding in the washer
    DD2 has gone to work DH has taken her so its very peaceful here right now

going to have a bath and get ready then have breakfast .
    need to tidy up and hoover
    whoopsied chicken roulade for lunch with veggies ,
    ill pick DD2 up from work later as i need to go shopping for her birthday
    fs hope they can help dd x

have a good day everybody x
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all:j:j

Chilly here.

I hope that everyone are well on the Sunday morning.

The twins are my wife are off to Church this morning. They twins will go to the MIL's after church.

My wife and I will be having roast pork for dinner today.

Dinner last night was a Pub meal as It was my Mums Birthday last week. So My Mum,Dad,brother my wife and the twins all went out for a meal.

Winter really must be on the way as On Friday I had to put the heating on.
    We also had the heating on last night when we got back.

Well Hope that everyone has a lovely Sunday what ever you are all doing

Enjoy:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. Welcome Kowloonboy.:beer:
    Bitsy I agree, traveling, even as a passenger, is exhausting. Glad the littl'uns liked Bath; I don't know that area at all, so will be interested to hear how it all goes for you.

Halight my heating's on, too; I can't manage to be active nowadays, and I'm certainly not going to compromise my health further just to save a few bob on the gas bill!;)

Actually, I'm officially skint for the forseeable future; ordered my new hearing aid yesterday. Luckily they only wanted a 10% deposit, and it won't be ready til 2 weeks time; I'm going to need my next lot of DLA (due on Tuesday) in order to have sufficient to pay for it. Mr LW has said he'll pick up the tab for all the groceries this month.:A He did offer to pay some towards the hearing aid, but I said No, it's me that has the hearing loss, he shouldn't have to subsidise that.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Had a lazy morning in bed with our kindles:D
    A nice restful day today. The house is clean but I have some washing and drying to finish and put away.
    The sun is shining but it's chilly. Dh wants to do some gardening today, kind of putting everything to bed for the winter and I will make a lasagne for lunch/tea we will probably eat while the football is on this afternoon.
    I am reading Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch which is brill, a good thriller with supernatural bits and magic. There are two more books in the series so should keep me going for a while.
    Looking forward to to Antiques Roadshow and Downton tonight. Bidding on sme shorts for dh on eBay for our hols so shall keep an eye on those.
    Have a lovely Sunday x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • wuvvies
    wuvvies Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    morning all
    nice easy morning here this morning. dd2 has been to a party and is now getting a lift back. she sent me a text last night/this morning saying im home safe mum. it was 130 so she will be a tired one today. hubbie always does the sunday roast every week so i just do the veg as my "little bit". we never get dressed to early on a sunday - i think its against the law. i work one sunday in three at 8 am so like to make the most of the other two.
    got a lady coming to buy some lights that i sold on ebay this afternoon so we will be doing nothing today. bit of housework maybe a film later.lovely.
    dd1 had arranged to take my son out today but has not been in touch. i had told her it was fine to take him but she has not contacted me after her little paddy so i will just leave her to it. hes fine. hes not really bothered as they were only going to the park anyway. spoken to my sister about the dd1 problem - she used to work in the social worker side of things and she said that she only has these paddies as her dad lets her get away with it. she told me that i need to revert to treating her like a toddler -( shes 18) and tell her i love her very much but will not accept this being shouted at. when she calms down im there for her. she said just to keep telling her ill always be there for her always. its all i can do
    hilstep hows your arm.... im still doing physio on mine and its nowhere near straight. it still aches. we did it about the same time. i broke both bones in my arm and have got a plate iin it...hve you got a plate?
    have a lovely sunday everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport