PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

£7.00 per week - menu ideas

Options

Comments

• Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    bb have you ever made the peach pudding? it sounds nice and i have a few tins of peaches so i'm very tempted, but i think it might be abit soggy on the bottom of you leave all the juice in.
    I have made it many times and it is lovely. I forgot to put if the peaches are in syrup add a little water so that your dish doesn't go icky because the syrup caramelises. It is nice with other tinned/fresh or frozen fruits as well such as tinned pineapple, tinned apricots etc.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou BB, that is great.:j
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • faerie~spangles
    faerie~spangles Posts: 1,871 Forumite
    Options
    This is an awesome thread.

I and I'm sure many others really appreciate all who are posting recipes and meal plans :D
    I'm not that way reclined

Jewelry? Seriously? Sheldon you are the most shallow, self-centered person I have ever met. Do you really think that another transparently-manipu... OH, IT'S A TIARA! A tiara; I have a tiara! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have made it many times and it is lovely. I forgot to put if the peaches are in syrup add a little water so that your dish doesn't go icky because the syrup caramelises. It is nice with other tinned/fresh or frozen fruits as well such as tinned pineapple, tinned apricots etc.

thats brilliant i'll def be trying it thanks
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2012 at 9:01PM
    Options
    I don't know if you all know but you can get dessert for free at the moment. Greens are offering a 40p off coupon and some of there desserts serve 4 people and only cost that.
    Creme brulee and lemon pie filling. Egg custard also.
    I will go and find the link.

http://www.mumssurvivalguides.co.uk/

Here you go. Page 39. There are other vouchers in there also but they do not work out free.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Chunkysmum
    Chunkysmum Posts: 11 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As you may know from my other thread we have recently found ourselves in some financial difficulty.

I have been overwhelmed by the kindness of some people who have donated cans etc to us.

Anyway, I'd love the make the most of what we now have in, with as little spending as possible. This is what we have:

5 x tins beans
    3 x tins chopped tomatoes
    2 x tins peas
    1 x tin Heinz tomato soup
    2 x tins Heinz oxtail soup
    2 x tins Heinz beef broth
    1 x tin Heinz mulligatawny
    1 x tin condensed chicken soup
    1 x El del paso enchilada spice mix
    2 x Packets El del paso tomato sauce for enchiladas
    1 x 440g jar of tomato pasta sauce
    1 x 500g Pataks balti sauce
    1 x jar sweet and sour sauce
    4 x broccoli & cauliflower cuppa soups
    1 x 500g Red split lentils (BB = Jul/12 so need using up)
    Open box of 5 lasagne sheets plus a full 250g box of lasagne sheets.
    1kg fusilli pasta
    250g pasta shells
    2 x square Chinese medium noodles (for soups, wok & stir fry dishes)
    1 x packet golden vegetable savoury microwave rice (for two)
    1 x packet sundried tomato microwave rice (for two)
    Coco powder
    Teabags
    Coffee
    Bisto
    Chicken Bovril
    Beef Bovril
    Lea & Perrins
    Mustard
    Guiness HP sauce
    Tomato sauce
    Tasco sauce
    Loads of herbs/spices
    460g chicken breasts (in freezer)
    2 x tuna, lime & coriander fishcakes (in freezer)
    Apricot Preserve
    1 x jar ghurkins
    1 x jar pickled beetroot
    1 x jar pickled onions
    1 x jar Branston pickle
    Mayo
    Salad cream
    Chilli mayo
    Mango chutney
    Cucumber and mint raita
    Squeezy garlic
    Squeezy chill
    2 x fresh chillis
    5pts milk
    1 x tub sunflower spread
    1 x small tub cherries
    1 x tin Carlsburg
    2 x large onions
    1 x baking potato
    350g mature chedder
    1 x bottle red wine
    1 x ¾ open bottle of red wine (needs using up as was opened three days ago)
    Recipe ideas much appreciated. Thank you.
  • Chunkysmum
    Chunkysmum Posts: 11 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for all of the recipes on this thread.

It is fantastic and I feel touched that you have all taken the time to write all of these out.

I have been overwhelmed by peoples' kindness over the last week from giving helpful advice to donating tins.

NHS bursaries have informed me that I can appeal for my application to be speeded up, but the appeals process takes as long as the normal process!

So, I have £9.00 left of my overdraft plus what I have been given in my store cupboard to last until they pay me, which is likely to be mid September. Applied for a crisis loan from the uni - should hear next week.

Thanks again.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wow thats alot of food you clearly know some lovely generous people.

you can make loads from all that, i could suggest getting some bread and pasta, and drinking some of that open wine :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    :T
    quintwins wrote: »
    bb have you ever made the peach pudding? it sounds nice and i have a few tins of peaches so i'm very tempted, but i think it might be abit soggy on the bottom of you leave all the juice in.
    i made the pudding last night using jumblejacks recipe for 2 minute micro pudding forund in grocery challenge first page recipe index, u can swap and change it so much....omit peaches and add cocoa to mix voila choc cake, plain mix cooked put jam and coconut on top ....school dinner puds, put apple at bottom/pineapple then mix ontop delish.....:T
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Meals don't always have to be full-on cooked affairs. Sometimes, my favourite meals are things like beans on toast (you can add bbq sauce, curry powder or other stuff to change the taste), spaghetti on toast, toasties with a pack of crisps, a tin of soup (24p) with a slice of bread, or a value cup a soup thing, which is 20p for four for the veg, or 32p for the chicken and veg one.

What about buying a pack of frozen cauliflower, so you can have cauliflower cheese?

Another favourite of ours, is sweet and sour chicken. We make one chicken breast (ys of course!) do all three of us, and four if we have a visitor! All you need is one chicken breast (£?p), a tin of pineapple (28p), a jar of s and s sauce (30ish p), some frozen peas for veg (20ish p), and some rice (10p).

After writing about hm pizza, we had to have it today for dinner, nom nom!!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family