Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mbailey
    Halogen bulbs in Kitchen ceiling blowing every week!
    • 17th Mar 08, 7:49 PM
    Halogen bulbs in Kitchen ceiling blowing every week! 17th Mar 08 at 7:49 PM
    I have 9 50W GU10 Halogen bulbs in my kitchen. Then were fitted by a qualified electrician 2 years ago. After they were fitted the whole house was tested, so I believe the wiring should be ok. (Unfortunately the electrician has since moved out of the area, so I can't get him back.)

I have tried buying expensive bulbs and cheap bulbs, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I find almost every week that a bulb is blowing and I have to replace them. The other week I replaced a bulb and with in an hour the same bulb had blown again. This time it seems to have lasted a month and is ok.

It appears to be random and not just the same bulb that is blowing.

I have read that you could have problems if you jump on the floor in the room above, but I don't think that is the problem.

I am considering changing the light fittings to 12v ones and wondered if the bulbs are likely to last any longer?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,208Posts Today

7,849Users online

Martin's Twitter