MSE News: Secondary ticket ads banned by ASA

Four major secondary ticketing websites have had their 'misleading' adverts banned because they didn't make additional fees such as admin and delivery charges clear...
Read the full story:
'Ads for Viagogo, StubHub, Seatwave and Get Me In banned by ASA'

OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The ASA have banned adverts from last year that are no longer used anyway. That'll learn them.
  • WillyWonga
    WillyWonga Posts: 324 Forumite
    Looking at the recently announced Tramlines event on Sheffield - 3 day pass via Tramlines own website £76 for the 3 days - still plenty available.

Go to Viagogo. Everywhere you look: "tickets selling fast.... 1% left..... 8 looking at same page.... dont miss out...... 6 mins to complete purchase...... oh my god you're so lucky to be able to buy these (well not exactly but you get my drift)"

Tramlines Festival 2018 - 3 Day
    20 - 22 July 2018
    Hillsborough Park, Sheffield, United Kingdom
    Section: General Admission
    Number of Tickets (Change) 2
    Ticket Price 2 × £148
    Delivery Fee 2 × £5
    VAT and Booking Fee 2 × £51
    TOTAL PRICE £407.56

or £152 if book direct with Tramlines.........
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    A bit late for my daughter who when looking for Little Mix tickets at Liberty Stadium for an Xmas Present for my grand-daughter, she was sent via google search to Viagogo and paid £250 for 2 tickets seated together.
    I just only pray she will get seats together as my grand-daughter is only 11 and would be horrified to sit apart.

Really annoyed about it and will not get the tickets until 3 days before,
    she even mailed them a few times to make sure they re seated together and has had confirmation, but knowing Viagogo till will not believe it until they arrive
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 March 2018 at 12:24PM
    Advertised as £5 each, go to checkout for 2 tickets £19.29!!! These pictures were taken yesterday.

350l6qr.jpg

2utnpde.jpg
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    boatman wrote: »
    Advertised as £5 each, go to checkout for 2 tickets £19.29!!! These pictures were taken yesterday.

To be fair to Viagogo et al, buying a ticket first hand from the likes of Ticketmaster isn't much better. I've had £35 tickets with £3 each booking fee and then £3 shipping fee and a £2 transaction fee.

It's just amplified when it's such a low value ticket as the % increase is higher.

A bit of due diligence and there's not real issue with buying from the "tout" sites. I've bought and sold on most of them quite happily before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure