Suspected affair - Tracking a mobile phone

Options

Comments

• pushing40
    pushing40 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    But it wouldn't if it showed a bar or a restaurant or a caf! or whatever.

Look I don't know if he's having an affair or not, but if you question him every time he goes out (and you must to consider having a comparison address to track) then you will push him away for good.

Does he hide his phone, where he previously didn't? Does he get dressed up where he previously wouldn't? Who do you think it is - you must have an idea.

All of those things: secretive with his phone, (it's always on his person or turned off - never left lying around), he goes out more, he's unavailable when I try to ring him when out, he's distant with me and disinterested in doing things with me, constantly texting someone with a smile on his face, the list goes on really...
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pushing40 wrote: »
    Yes, I've seen that I have that app on my phone - but I don't seem to be able to see details of anyone else on there. That's what made me assume that they must have to do something on THEIR phone for me to be able to see it on MY phone.
    You have to mutually agree to be able to track each other. Personally I'm OK with my immediate family being able to see where I am, but I can see why some people (even those with nothing to hide) wouldn't be happy with it. For example I'd never let my mum track me because she's nosy and she wouldn't be able to help herself from constantly asking me why I was in place XYZ.
  • pushing40
    Options
    Oakdene wrote: »
    What has made you suspect this?

I've never met this "friend". He has plenty of friends who I regularly meet and chat to. But this one is one that I couldn't possibly confirm whether or not he was with them.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you considered actually talking to your husband before you spy on him?

Don't waste your time doing this, this will spin it around on you, evidence is key, and go with your gut instinct - personal experience.
  • pushing40
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Don't waste your time doing this, this will spin it around on you, evidence is key, and go with your gut instinct - personal experience.

Exactly. My gut tells me something is wrong. I just need some evidence. But I can't follow him and just wondered if there was someway of tracking his phone without him knowing.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pushing40 wrote: »
    All of those things: secretive with his phone, (it's always on his person or turned off - never left lying around), he goes out more, he's unavailable when I try to ring him when out, he's distant with me and disinterested in doing things with me, constantly texting someone with a smile on his face, the list goes on really...
    In which case it's time to talk.

If he's having an affair, which presumably would end the relationship for you, he may well be open about it.
  • pushing40
    Options
    In addition, I don't want him to know that I suspect something. Forewarned is forearmed. If he knows I'm onto him, he'll just get cleverer with his deceit.
  • keith969
    keith969 Posts: 1,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    google 'gps tracker'.
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.
  • pushing40
    Options
    keith969 wrote: »
    google 'gps tracker'.

And do what with it? Put it in his car?
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Doing this, even thinking about it, paints you as a crazed stalker and is a criminal offence. Also, if you have children it could seriously jeopardize your relationship with them if it came out. Just so you know.

Think about what you are trying to achieve here and why. What is the end result you want? Not "I want evidence to confront him", but after that. Divorce? Because if you stalk him and he finds out, you might end up in prison, or with a restraining order keeping you out of your home etc. Is that really a road you want to go down?
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure