MSE News: O2, Vodafone and Three to hit...

Options
Former_MSE_Megan_F
Former_MSE_Megan_F Posts: 418 Forumite
Newshound!
edited 15 February 2018 at 4:22PM in Mobiles
Millions of O2, Three and Vodafone mobile customers will see the price of their monthly mobile contracts rise this year, MoneySavingExpert.com can reveal – meaning all the major networks have announced mid-contract price increases this week...
Read the full story:
'O2, Vodafone and Three to hit pay-monthly customers with mid-contract price rises'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Comments

• Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    bleedin' 'ell! :eek:
    another one is using economic downturn to make profits....
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good news, in a way, for anyone like me on a rolling monthly contract.

Currently paying £10pm for unlimited minutes and texts + 4GB data. A good opportunity to improve on this with a little negotiation, I'm guessing.

A good deal when I took it on, but there are better deals around now probably - maybe with a little less data.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 February 2018 at 10:16PM
    Options
    According to the terms, '3' sim only is not affected by the RPI rise.

The RPI rise for Jan, published in Feb is 4.0%

A. Your Minimum Commitment: You agree to stay with us for the Minimum Term. The minimum price for Three Services provided under this agreement is the Monthly Charge for the Minimum Term. Each May, your Monthly Charge will increase by an
    amount up to the January RPI rate (published each February), unless you're on a SIM plan, in which case your Monthly Charge will remain the same.

4. Changes to your agreement or prices
    4.1 Your Monthly Charge will be subject to an annual increase by an amount up to the RPI Rate. The annual increase will first appear on your May bill. We will publish the RPI Rate on our website as soon as it's available. If the RPI Rate is negative, there will be no change to your Monthly Charge. This section 4.1 does not apply to SIM Plan customers.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 February 2018 at 9:15PM
    Options
    I‘ve been a Three SIM only customer for some time and not (yet) had any increases mid term, nor at the end of a 12 month min term contract.

So, fingers crossed, this won’t result in increases to SIM only customers... potentially another good reason for going the SIM only route.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So the SIM only prices stay the same? Still a useful reminder to look again at what you're paying.

I'm pretty sure my £10pm can be bettered now........:)
  • boatman
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    So the SIM only prices stay the same? Still a useful reminder to look again at what you're paying.

According to their T&C's, that's what it says. I suppose they could change it between now and the rise, but that would give you the right to leave, so can't see them doing that.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    Just noticed Three have offers on SIM only contracts at the moment, expiring in 5 days... among others, their 12 month, 30 GB, unlimited mins, Advanced SIM, has been reduced from £20 to £18... interesting.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »

Definitely, as long as you don't want/use feel at home further away than European countries...
  • boatman
    edited 15 February 2018 at 11:01AM
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Definitely, as long as you don't want/use feel at home further away than European countries...
    They were doing the Advanced sim only for £9(4gb), and that does include all the feel at home countries. Best now seems to be £12 for 8gb on an Advanced sim plan.
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    glad i left vodafone and didnt sign up to a new deal. i'd have been stung by this.
    instead i opted for a 30 day rolling contract with ID. i'm sure they will do the same and hike prices soon. but at least i have the option to leave easily now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure